Author Topic: 2019 Walmart VC144 Skiff Guard Lando  (Read 12517 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: 2019 Walmart VC144 Skiff Guard Lando
« Reply #60 on: April 8, 2019, 11:28 PM »
My order was "out for delivery" all day, and then switched to "delivered" at 11pm, but there's nothing here. Looks like Walmart is using Lasership for delivery, whoever the **** that is. I guess I'll have to see if it magically shows up by tomorrow.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 9, 2019, 12:30 AM »
I’ve had the post office do that a couple of times in the past few months.  I’m guessing they’ve got some service level contract with the shipper and are gaming the system by recording things as delivered when they’re running late.  Each time the package has shown up the following day.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: April 9, 2019, 02:45 AM »
Received m figures today....not the best packing but the cards were ok.

Love the figure but it's odd that he comes with a functional holster, but no sidearm.  I'm imagining Jesse developing an eye twitch over this.

Wait wait wait they’re including the sandstorm figs holster but not the gun?  Wtf? 

No eye twitch.  That’s just really horse**** of them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: April 9, 2019, 02:48 PM »
Nothing from Walmart. I did get a notice from FedEx but I was thinking it was something from a third party Amazon seller coming today

I did not get a shipping notice from Walmart either, but Lando showed up at my house yesterday.  Walmart did send me a delivery notification email this morning to let me know I got the item yesterday though.  ::)

Wait wait wait they’re including the sandstorm figs holster but not the gun?  Wtf? 

Yeah, the missing gun was noted by fan media dudes at Toy Fair and the Hasbro response there was basically "whoops".   Sounds like they didn't realize the gun was missing until the figure was too far along in the manufacturing process to add it.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 9, 2019, 04:58 PM »
Mine got delivered today too... I'll check it out after work.  One of the 4 $14.32 charges cleared, the other three are still pending well over a week later.  ::)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 9, 2019, 06:15 PM »
Mine is set to arrive on Tuesday. I'm hoping the odds of having four in the box will net me at least one worthy of keeping in the MOC collection.

My gamble didn't pay off - the box was very roomy, packed with lots of those airbag things and unfortunately, none of the cardbacks were without flaws. I have two candidates that I can "live" with if I have to, but I'm hoping that like the Mimban Stormtrooper, this will eventually hit the stores and I'll be able to cherry pick one off the pegs for my MOC collection.  :(
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 9, 2019, 08:52 PM »
Has anyone commented on the fact that he has a holster, but no blaster?

So I missed your original post about this, but that was the first thing I noticed when I opened mine... super weird, and it seems lazy.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2019, 08:52 PM by Rob »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2019, 02:12 PM »
So I got (part) of my order yesterday. I originally ordered two of these the first time they were available, and never heard anything about them again. I reordered two again when they were available the second time, and received one of them yesterday. It was tossed in a box that looked to be slightly smaller than the actual cardback, so it was significantly crushed. The figure itself is fine, but I have been trying to keep a carded set of the OT figures they do in TVC, so I'm hoping to get a minty one down the road. Also curious what will become of the second figure I ordered. I really wish Wal-Mart would stop getting exclusives, they really don't seem to know how to handle them.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2019, 03:34 PM »
I had to contact Walmart to send me a replacement for the Lando that Lasership marked as "delivered" yet never actually delivered. My second Lando arrived yesterday via FedEx, so I have one at least.

I wonder if Walmart will send the replacement through Lasership? Not receiving things I bought is so much fun.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram