Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 15 (2012 Wave 5)  (Read 39250 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 15
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 03:42 PM »
The ornament is pretty sweet but takes some work to make it perfect unfortunately.  Still, it's nice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 11:29 PM »
I've never really been one to beg Hasbro for a new Tarkin or even going out of my way to buying it unless I had some spare cash, but I too was disappointed with the soft goods tunic. It looks off.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 02:41 AM »
To be fair it's a prototype too though...  Who knows what the final thing is gonna look like.  It could be a lot better.  I'm ok with softgoods as long as it looks like a smoother fabric.  Something like the ROTS Agen Kolar's skirt...  It's smoother, and a rigid fabric.

I'm all for a flexible tunic skirt though too...  Like the Naboo pilots have.  It's pretty great really.

Tarkin was one of my top ANH wants, so to say I'm not disappointed isn't true, but I'm just trying to give the benefit of the doubt.  The color needs a little more grey to the green, the headsculpt needs a better paintjob (I think it's a pretty decent suclpt though), and the softgoods need a better choice.  The last one can easily change on a production figure though considering softgoods seem to vary based on what's available at the time the figuers are made though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 04:40 PM »
Nikto is the only figure I really need from this wave, unless Tarkin turns out a lot better than the prototype we saw at Toy Fair. Passing on the rest
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 08:37 AM »
Oddball carded
http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/hasbro/20120315/

He's standing in spaaace.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 10:44 AM »
What would have been awesome would be just a picture of the ship.  THAT would be a vintage call-back.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2012, 06:31 PM »
Lovin' Oddball...  Don't know why but Clone pilot repaints I'm ok with compared to other Clone crap these days.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 11:31 AM »
Don't know why but Clone pilot repaints I'm ok with compared to other Clone crap these days.

I like the change from trooper, trooper, trooper.  The AT-RT Driver was a really nice upgrade.  I wish they'd keep spreading the love around.  Mixing in a new Clone Pilot repaint or even updating some other Clone styles/sculpts (Galactic Marine, Airborne, AT-TE Gunner) would help relieve some of the constant "trooper trooper trooper" repainting fatigue we've been getting lately...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 11:55 AM »
Bly is an upgrade I'd like to see...  Removable helmet and all that jazz.  He could be better.  I'd like to have seen a Gree upgrade too without painted on suspenders and a removable helmet with a realistic version of his headsculpt with its Clone Wars funky hair and stuff.  Like a miniaturized Sideshow figure.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 01:36 AM »
I sort of agree with Jeff.  However, I am primarily tired of ROTS Clonetrooper figures.  I'm fine with AOTC because we have not had as many of those since The EE 4 packs.  I like the clonetroopers from ROTS but I am just burnt out from all of the repacks of them since 2005.  I know they have upgrades over the years but who does not have a Shocktrooper, 501st, Utapau, and white-generic armies by now?  Between regular releases, movie heroes, and battle-packs we should be all caught up and then some by now.  I suppose new collectors  or those that don't care for clonetroopers in the past might want to pursue them. I just want a break from that style.  I know it has some sort of fancy name like "Phase 2" or something like that. 

I am actually looking forward to the inevitable Blue, Green, Yellow, and Red AOTC style clonetroopers.  I would not mind upgrades to Bly and Baccarra either but maybe not until the end of next year or when the ROTS comes out in 3D.  If they are still planning to release the films each year that is. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 01:00 AM »
I'd add in Bacara too, to my "I'd not mind him getting updated" list of ROTS Clones too...  but at this stage I'm pretty much disinterested in Clones.  I have huge Clone armies I really don't know what to do with.  Even AOTC I'm pretty spent on.  Maybe an officer here or there would be nice, but Hasbro doesn't even try to entice us with a new piece of gear on those.

Like include binoculars maybe?  Or thermal detonators?  Or something to make them a little more interesting.  I guess they just started giving you two guns fairly recently instead of the short blaster, so baby steps I suppose.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 01:41 AM »
I'd LOVE some AOTC officers with Jango style jetpacks ala Battlefront. Maybe a BFG too.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 05:14 PM »
The one ROTS Clone resculpt that I would give a pass is the Galactic Marine.  Re-do that one with a softgoods kama and I'm sold.  It was definitely one of the coolest ROTS Clones, but the plastic kama was a downer.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 07:59 PM »
Doesn't anything with a softgoods Kama update seem like a good one then though?  That's a big reason I'd like a Bacara resculpt or Bly (and I'd really REALLY dig the removable bucket for the Clone Wars Bly look)...  Gree, I mostly just really want realistic looking suspenders as opposed to the painted one ones that look odd.

That said, honestly, I'd never shed a tear if none of this got done...  Maybe that says the most about Clones right now.  Who really woudl freak out if they never updated another ROTS Clone?  Would anyone honestly be mad, or feel their collection had a gaping hole in it?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2012, 03:14 PM »
Carded images up at sandtroopers.

Tarkin looks better...maybe...hard to tell.