Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)  (Read 79459 times)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Re: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2012, 01:41 PM »
I'll post here as well.

I ordered a Tri-Logo case off ebay.  I paid about $4 more per fig.  but what the heck with all the uncertainty with this line. Plus the Tri-Logos tend to have very small runs, so a small run of a more limited wave to begin with could turn out to be interesting way down the road.  It came this Wed. afternoon.  The figs are just fantastic.  The Accessories are extremly plentiful in this wave.  The Aurra lightsaber box with lightsabers is pretty neat.

The Republic trooper is outstanding...lots going on wiht it.  Love the color scheme.  The "Teenage years Ahsoka" is great.  The Royal guard is phenominal (love the extra helmet and shoulder pauldrons.  The Lumat with all his accesssories is pretty cool.  The OT figs are so detailed...they are wonderful.  Even what I would call the "ho hum" figs like the Naboo Pilot Gungan warrior and the podracer are very well done.

Lots to like about this wave.  Huge thumbs up!

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2012, 12:25 PM »
I just went to Amazon to make sure these were still on order there.  I hope that comes through.  Seems like a very cool wave.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 29, 2012, 03:17 PM »
I can't wait to see what happens in the long run with this wave.  REALLY HTF, jut plain HTF, since it's online retailer only will it not make a dfference, since mostly collectors will be buying?  How big a run is this wave really?

Come to think of it...wth ALLLLLLLL the knowledge we have on EVERYTHING SW, how come nobody ever posts something simple like a production run number?   ....EVER!

Hmmmmmmmm....
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #198 on: October 29, 2012, 03:59 PM »
Hasbro never releases those numbers but there's general ballpark ideas, things you can sort of guess too...  Nothing ever specific really.  I think these will be produced in quantities that make them anything but rare ultimately, but their status as online only will make them mythical to some...  It's like the TRU wave last year.  People went nuts, but I'd wager there's so many of those they're nowhere near rare, they're just harder to find than say Endor Rebel, or Senate Guard, or Hoth Luke.

That EU Wave, there's tons on Ebay all the time and they rarely sell for what the asking prices are.  "Rare", and even extremely HTF, are terms I'd hardly ever apply to anything modern.

It's like the Naboo Fighter...  I want one and by all accounts you won't get one right now, but that doesn't mean you won't eventually, and for a very good price too...  Patience is what modern's about, to me.  Wait things out and eventually you'll be happy.  I buy most stuff when I see it if I want it.  That's just me buying what I want when I want to.  I'd be so far ahead if I'd waited on 90% of it though, haha. 

I still look at my Commtech reader in disgust.   >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 30, 2012, 02:40 PM »
Haha!  That comtech reader is about the only thing I've opened over the last 10 yars or so (other than what the kids get and play with)

I actully used it with the EPI figs.  haha, just makes me laugh.

Funny the best stuff I love to trade is all the garbage freebies, giveaways, conventoin freebies and promos, freebie posters the comic stores get etc.

there is never any worries of having buyers remorse, worrying about what is worth more or less, or trading for a "fair" pice...becasue it's all freebie giveaway type stuff.  Love it...you can always have fn with that stuff.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #200 on: October 30, 2012, 03:46 PM »
I always get dejected at the toy show because someone's always selling TVC proofs for like $10 each...  I like the proofs as I'm saving my cardbacks (and wow, is that a lot o cardbacks), and then seeing the proofs being sold for disgusting $...  and nobody buying too so I just don't get it I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #201 on: October 30, 2012, 11:35 PM »
Opened the OT guys last night...love them all except for Nien's vest

As I was putting them in my case and taking out old POTF2 figs I couldn't help looking at the Snaggleteeth, Skiff Klaatu, Ree Yees, Yakface and dreaming of new ones SA versions. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #202 on: October 30, 2012, 11:53 PM »
Need lots of new guys...  I know resculpts annoy some, but to me they're the line's lifeblood at this point, at least from an OT perspective.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 31, 2012, 09:32 AM »
Hmmmm.  My case is scheduled for delivery today.  Hopefully it gets here before I take the kids out Trick or Treating.  I would hate for some kid to see my package on my doorstep and think that it belonged to the "please take 1 only" bowl...    :-\

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 31, 2012, 10:54 AM »
My cases got here yesterday afternoon, but I work overnights now and rented Assassins Creed III yesterday so these got put on the wayside. I'll check em out when I get home.

Still selling off the remnants of my second case if anyone is interested.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 31, 2012, 12:32 PM »

Would CW Obi and Ahsoka be among those remnants?  :)

If so, I'm there!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 31, 2012, 01:31 PM »
Hmmmm.  My case is scheduled for delivery today.  Hopefully it gets here before I take the kids out Trick or Treating.  I would hate for some kid to see my package on my doorstep and think that it belonged to the "please take 1 only" bowl...    :-\

Haha,  "I got M&M's what did you get?".. "I got a Tootsie Roll, how bout you?"...  "I got a republic Trooper".

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 31, 2012, 11:29 PM »

Would CW Obi and Ahsoka be among those remnants?  :)

If so, I'm there!

Yes they are! Sending a PM...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 1, 2012, 06:55 AM »
Got My case 2 days ago just got around to opening them except Republic Trooper.  I love them all.  Weequay is probably my favorite in the wave.  I had no interest in Republic Trooper, so he stays closed.  Now if I can just track down Ewok Scouts and AT-ST Crew packs

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 1, 2012, 07:54 AM »
I hope to get mine today, but it's doubtful.  With Sandy, things have been delayed some.