Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)  (Read 79236 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2012, 09:09 PM »
Yeah those are the two I'd be stuck with too, and honestly I wouldn't mind Aurra's vinty card in my collection...  Mawhonic, eh, into the fodder bin the little freak goes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2012, 09:22 PM »
I never bought the original one (I seriously thought his size was an error) but I did pick up Aurra. I'm just psyched for the ROTJ figures in this case. If it's online only, then I'll cave.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2012, 09:00 AM »
This is ideal to buy a full case. Well done Hasbro.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 16
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2012, 09:26 AM »
Aren't ALL their waves de facto online exclusives now anyway? Who can find anything in actual stores?

Quoted for truth.  I haven't seen a single new vintage figure at retail since February of this year, and haven't even seen evidence of a restock of any kind to make me believe that stores have gotten anything near me since then.  Walmart, Target, and TRU seem content to just let their mountain of Qui-Gons, Daultay Dofines, Quadinaros, and NRGs collect dust (which they have, and in copious amounts) and not reorder (or they're reordering and Hasbro isn't shipping them to stores).  I can definitely forget ever finding Starkiller and Shae Viszla at this point, either online or at retail, without having to sell a kidney to get them.

That said, just because I'm a loose collector and already have the DTF (ha ha) figures from Walmart, I wouldn't mind terribly if there was a case assortment that replaced those four figures with a second Republic Trooper, ERG, and 2 Imperial Navy Commanders along with the other 8 new figures.  Even so, since it looks like a case is the only way I'm ever going to get any of these 8 figures, I guess I'll eat the four extra TPM recards. 

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2012, 05:47 PM »
A case of 12 and I only need 5 figures. 

7 prequel complete wastes of plastic.  Good that this is online so they don't "peg squat" like every other prequel waste of carbon footprint. 

I still don't have an Evazan or Kithaba because I'm not willing to be stuck with all the prequel "packing material" they force into the cases.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2012, 05:51 PM »

7 prequel complete wastes of plastic.  Good that this is online so they don't "peg squat" like every other prequel waste of carbon footprint. 

I still don't have an Evazan or Kithaba because I'm not willing to be stuck with all the prequel "packing material" they force into the cases.

So I take it you're excited about the upcoming Jar Jar figure?  :-*
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2012, 05:56 PM »

So I take it you're excited about the upcoming Jar Jar figure?  :-*

Who?

He is on the way to the house now from my EE.com order.  Watch for a Jd.com giveaway....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2012, 08:22 PM »
We'd like people to enter them Paul...  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2012, 01:05 AM »
If that's the case assortment, I'd happily buy a case. I'd find seconds of Nien, Weequay, Prune Face, and Lumat somewhere.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2012, 05:39 AM »
It possible that a revision could be an online exclusive.  Maybe the revision with Aurra, Pilot, Gungan, Mawhonic maybe sold online only.  I would not think Hasbro would online exclusive those heavy hitters in that wave (Weequay, Royal Guard, Nien Nunb comes to mind)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2012, 02:17 PM »
I think anything's possible and the "online only" thing is a rumor started by another site, nothing to substantiate it (yet).  I could see it happening though...  the line's on life support and if retailers aren't ordering in quantity, this turn of events could be a clear indicator that they would only do these as an exclusive.

The EU wave was solid new, had a highly desirable movie-based BAD figure, and had insanely hot figures in it...  and it became exclusive.  So the precedent is there, for certain.

I'd forgotten the Royal Guard...  I'd want more of him, but I could also see some of these getting re-releases down the road, whether the wave is made exclusive or not.  Plus I was pretty ok with the ROTS figure despite people's complaints.  I'd take a hefty dozen or so more of those figures in my collection.  They were pretty sweet though pikeless.  I have pikes from the new TPM one though, so I'm good.  I'll make new softgoods if the need strikes.

I dunno what to say on this though other than C6 is right around the corner and I think answers will come then.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2012, 02:38 PM »
Like others have said, honestly most of this year has been "online only" for me.  The only wave I got at retail was the TPM wave, and everything else has been online through either BBTS or Amazon.  I doubt that will change.  I do hope that this last wave isn't limited, because it has a lot of great figures and some of my favorites of the year.  As long as it isn't tough for people to get, I guess I don't mind it being "online exclusive" if that is true.  It would be better if this stuff got to retail, but it is sort of the collecting world we live in anymore.  I really hope Hasbro gets things figured out a bit better in 2013 so we aren't staring at AOTC stuff the entire year.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2012, 10:57 PM »
Carded samples are showing the repacked Naboo Pilot has both helmets included, his and Ric Olie's.

It seems Aurra Sing's belt might be different, too.

Just enough to make you mad...

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2012, 01:39 AM »
I wonder if they will have cases at CVI. 

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2012, 06:30 PM »
I'd forgotten the Royal Guard...  I'd want more of him, but I could also see some of these getting re-releases down the road, whether the wave is made exclusive or not.  Plus I was pretty ok with the ROTS figure despite people's complaints. 

Yeah, I'm perfectly happy with the ROTS version they gave us, which is why I'm not too excited about this new version. 

Binders full of astromechs...