Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)  (Read 79502 times)

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 16
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 09:23 PM »
Wow, this wave feels like 1997.

I remember that year. We got Tarkin, Weequay, Nien, Royal Guard that year too.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 10:09 PM »
Weequay has surpassed the skiff master detail, his head is very accurate, the wrinkles the hair tail.

Lumat caught the vintage style, looks not very detailed. An ewok figure needs a solid paintjob to succed

Emperor royal guard looks cool, hope they made a new removable helmet version.

Ashoka, Obi Wan have the necessary accesories.

Nien nunb lacks teh middle section of his face coloured pink

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 11:27 PM »
If Hasbro's doing realistic TCW figures, can't you guys totally see them working on a cyborg Darth Maul from the upcoming TCW episodes? Everyone loves Maul, now cut him in half and slap him on some robot legs, and you have yourself a cool new figure! :D

I like that Ahsoka. Very much. I'm glad they chose that version over the younger version. Now I'm praying Hasbro does a realistic TCW Captain Rex and Asajj Ventress, and I'll happily put away my list of much-wanted realistic TCW figures.

I was so surprised by how similar the new upcoming Weequay looks to the POTF figure. It's like Hasbro intentionally did it.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 11:40 PM »
If Hasbro's doing realistic TCW figures, can't you guys totally see them working on a cyborg Darth Maul from the upcoming TCW episodes? Everyone loves Maul, now cut him in half and slap him on some robot legs, and you have yourself a cool new figure! :D
They did that already in the SDCC exclusive

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 04:39 PM »
Sold on everything from this wave except Obi-Wan. Will probably snag Ahsoka for the heck of it but the rest are resculpts we've wanted/needed for ages
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 06:06 PM »
I know guys are down on Obi-Wan, but really I think all the SA updated OWK figures in a row, like an "evolution of war" type deal, are going to be kind of cool...

Like AOTC Obi, then the CW2D Kenobi, then the comic Kenobi that came with the S&M mask head, then CW3D Kenobi, then ROTS Kenobi...  I kind of dig that.  To me it'd be like getting a training gear Cody, realistic CW3D Cody (early war), realistic CW3D Cody late war (if there's anything unique separting it from ROTS Cody) and then of course ROTS Cody.  I like that aspect of showing a character's growth throughout the war.  Maybe Anakin will be better though, as far as showing that physical change from the AOTC Padawan to the ROTS Jedi Knight.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 02:08 AM »
They did that already in the SDCC exclusive

True - I own that figure, but the Maul model to be used in the upcoming episodes is significantly different from the action figure. The animated version has shorter horns and the original Ep.I sliced-in-half lightsaber. They could make that figure a general release compared to the SDCC limited release. It would undoubtedly sell.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 09:52 AM »
The animated version has shorter horns and the original Ep.I sliced-in-half lightsaber.

Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that the animated figure is coming with the broken lightsaber? I don't recall that news coming out of ToyFair, but it seems plausible enough.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 07:14 PM »
The animated version has shorter horns and the original Ep.I sliced-in-half lightsaber.

Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that the animated figure is coming with the broken lightsaber? I don't recall that news coming out of ToyFair, but it seems plausible enough.

I'm sorry, I just realized my wording was off - I mean that the animated model for Maul to be used in the TCW episodes has a sliced lightsaber. Being that the figure is going to be based on his appearance in the show, it's likely that the actual action figure will only have one lightsaber, too. But who knows.

I would attach an image of Maul from the TCW episode, but I don't know how to attach images here. A simple "Darth Maul returns" look-up on Google will show images of him with only one lightsaber. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: June 6, 2012, 12:37 PM »
What happened to this wave?  Weird that the W17 got posted before these

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 6, 2012, 01:34 PM »
What happened to this wave?  Weird that the W17 got posted before these

I thought the same thing, but my guess is that Wave 17 got fast tracked since the figures were needed for SDCC in a month so therefore the figures of the wave were made too.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 07:09 AM »
Over at Sandtroopers.com They have pics of these guys vintage cards including the Naboo Pilot/Aurra group and Royal Guard

here the link http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/hasbro/20120712/

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2012, 08:23 AM »
Love the Royal Guard cardback.  Well all of the OT cardbacks but especially the Guards.  I will be tempted to pick up TPM ones.  I know everyone wanted them cancelled.  After they sit on the pegs for another year I will be in the same group, but I do like them.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 08:39 AM »
Cool that it includes switch-out Crimson Guard gear too.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 09:42 AM »
Nice to see these carded finally.  I agree with some of the folks on twitter - the ObiWan and Ahsoka cards aren't all that great looking. 

Nice to finally get a peek at the "training gear" that is coming with the Royal Guard.  I don't know if I can bring myself to call it "Crimson Guard" gear though Jayson, because it's not...  this is:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender