Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)  (Read 79254 times)

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)
« Reply #90 on: August 1, 2012, 04:02 PM »
I order a case has well.  It going to be hell getting another Royal Guard.  Once again the last wave gets screw over.  Hasbro should have made this wave Droid Factory wave 1 (except Aurra, Mawhonic, Gungan, and Pilot) and Vintage cards be the online exclusive.  I feel for the guys who have to buy 2 sets for carded set and loose.  I tried the a carded set and could not afford it.  So I feel for you carded and loose collectors.     

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #91 on: August 1, 2012, 04:24 PM »
I've been watching the BBTS orders today...they started at around 700 cases available for preorder and are now under 300...they are going fast!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #92 on: August 1, 2012, 04:32 PM »
I preordered the figures I wanted from Nerd Rage. Unfortunately I was too late for the Royal Guard...figures.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 1, 2012, 04:42 PM »
I had gone to BBTS earlier this morning to check on the status of a previous order and noticed these were up, so I jumped on a case.  If anyone needs those four TPM recards (Naboo Pilot, Gungan Warrior, Aurra Sing, and Mawhonic) let me know, as I have no need for them. 

I'm kind of sad that Vintage is going out with such a whimper (I refer, of course, to the distribution as opposed to the quality of the figures, which look great), but Hasbro has nobody to blame for that but themselves.  I'd like to think that, with the launch of the new Droid Factory stuff in 2013 they'll change things to correct these last two years' issues, but something tells me that they haven't learned anything.  You kind of have to admit there's something wrong before you can learn anything too.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 1, 2012, 05:54 PM »
I'm kind of sad that Vintage is going out with such a whimper (I refer, of course, to the distribution as opposed to the quality of the figures, which look great), but Hasbro has nobody to blame for that but themselves.  I'd like to think that, with the launch of the new Droid Factory stuff in 2013 they'll change things to correct these last two years' issues, but something tells me that they haven't learned anything.  You kind of have to admit there's something wrong before you can learn anything too.

Well - back before the EP1 vintage showed up there were reports of various case assortments - and everything up until the Tarkin wave came true.

What didn't come through were all of the ridiculous waves with even more EP1 carry-forwards and just a few new figures from both the lost-line six and the final 12.

Instead, what we're getting is the "lost line six" in a case where it's a complete set on Vintage cards and then a complete set on the lost line look cards.

And then after that, they took the remaining 12 figures and stuck them all in a case at 1-per case.

While this isn't a totally ideal situation for the collector who picks and chooses the figures they want. For the collector who gets one of everything still - these last two cases are ideal.

And at least with the first wave of the new droid factory - there are 12 different figures to build two 6-part droids. And where a figure is an old tooling it is at least a repaint - Red TVC Battledroid, VC45 Clone Repaint, Repaint of Sun Fac, etc...

To my recollection, this will be the first time in a REALLY long time where three cases in a row were ideal for a "one of everything" collector.

We didn't even get this kind of treatment when Legacy launched in 2008 - that first wave had eight new figures and four "Greatest Hits" figures of repacks - and from then on, every Legacy collection wave had at least 4 carry-forwards from a previous wave with changed droid parts so that any one droid was unique to a wave.

Even when Vintage launched - the ESB wave had re-packs (Boba, 4-LOM) as did the Vintage "re-launch" for EP1 (Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan).

So I think they are making good strides to help combat the problems of the past year.

Minimally they're making it so buying-by-the-case online isn't a painful process. As it stands right now, I have  26 "excess" Vintage figures from the cases I have ordered this year and no less than 9 of those figures are Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and BluRay Luke - that's ridiculous.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline darthjaybay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 1, 2012, 06:14 PM »
I've been watching the BBTS orders today...they started at around 700 cases available for preorder and are now under 300...they are going fast!

So do you have to pay now for the preorder?  Just curious, because some companies dont require a prepay.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: August 1, 2012, 08:32 PM »
No, they pay when ship as far as I'm aware...  The only pre-pay that I can recall for some time was this Jocasta Nu which was ultimately changed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 1, 2012, 08:51 PM »
I preordered a case as well, but I'm tempted to order two.  I've never done that (and usually opt for the "sets" anyways, when I can), but there is so much OT goodness in this wave I'm tempted.  I'd like extras of some in this wave, and have - so far - kept up with a carded collection of the OT figures in the TVC packaging.  It would be nice to finish out the run.  That being said, I don't need - or want - the TPM stuff in this wave so I'm not sure.  Having twice as many figures I don't need isn't appealing.  I literally haven't seen a wave past TPM at retail here all year, so I don't have hope of these showing up locally either.  Maybe Amazon will come through like they have with other waves, but you know these are going to be blink and they are gone.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: August 1, 2012, 08:57 PM »

Looks like they are under 50 now... crazy.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: August 1, 2012, 09:02 PM »
Wow.

Well, glad we got our order in early here...  Good case ultimately.  I figure only 2 figures I DON'T want in it...  the rest I'm ok with.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 1, 2012, 09:25 PM »
16 left!  dang!

maybe Hasbro will get ideas from this...

update: now 5 left

update: now 4

update: 3

and gone now?
« Last Edit: August 1, 2012, 09:56 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 1, 2012, 10:45 PM »
Hmmm, did not realize this was the wave with the two realistic styled Clone Wars figures. Guess I am SOL now. Not gonna buy a case for 2 figures anyway, really.

If anyone has any extras of Obi or Ahsoka they'd be willing to part with, I'll gladly take them off your hands.  ;D

Thanks!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 1, 2012, 11:29 PM »
What a bunch of...eh...it doesn't matter.   I'll just let that wave go.  I really wanted a few of them but I'm not paying $130 for half of them I don't want.  Best figures and packaging they have had on this line the past 16 years and I probably couldn't find 50% of them.  Sigh.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #103 on: August 2, 2012, 01:36 AM »
Well I missed out on a case, sucks.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 2, 2012, 03:51 AM »
I'd like to start off by saying that I have never once bought a full case of figures, nor do I usually buy online. Ever since TVC, I've been buying individual figures from Amazon, because that is my only option for ever getting new figures these days. I haven't seen ONE figure from anything after the TPM wave at retail. Ever. In short, I've been adapting to the situation Hasbro has presented the hard way.

How is this relevant to this wave? Well, this was the one wave I actually really wanted - I don't know about you guys, but I'm all down for realistic Obi and Ahsoka. Those figures look stunning to me. And, as far outta the loop I am with OT, I'm all down for the Royal Guard figure. So I was really annoyed when these came out as online exclusives.

Well, I can say I've bought my first full case of figures. EE was the way to go for me. It really is bittersweet. I can't believe that I seriously spend $100+ - online, mind you - just to get 3 figures I really wanted. Ugh, Hasbro.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2012, 03:53 AM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"