Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)  (Read 79411 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)
« Reply #210 on: November 1, 2012, 12:30 PM »
Just checked on the delivery status of my orders from BBTS and EE.

My two cases from BBTS were shipped via UPS and are out for delivery today.

My two cases from EE were shipped via Fedex-to-USPS and are expected on the 3rd.

Not bad considering how bad the Jersey shore was hammered by the Hurricane.

No movement on my Royal Guard/Republic Trooper order from Amazon though.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #211 on: November 1, 2012, 04:04 PM »
Did anyone order these from Nerd Rage?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 2, 2012, 09:11 AM »
My cases from BBTS arrived late yesterday. Can not wait to crack these figures open. The just look fantastic.

Will be putting and extra Aura and Pod Racer guy up for trade.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 2, 2012, 09:24 AM »
I opened all of these last night.  Of the new figurs (not repacked from the WM wave), my top two were Nien and the Weequay,  bottom two were Obi and Ahsoka.  I think Obi and Ahsoka sit at the bottom for just because of the over exposure of the two characters - nothing really wrong with the figures themselves - they are nice.

The Royal Guard was cool and all, but not really wowing me as much as I thought, though I am still in for a couple more via amazon pre-orders.  Lumat, while just another Ewok, looks perfect!  And I love the accessories!  Pretty cool how the arrow fits onto the bow!  Pruneface was fine as well, though really not much new there from the BAD line figure - but nice to have an updated figure from the Vintage line none the less.

Overall a very "win" of a wave.  When it comes down to it the only figure I am miffed about having in the case is another Mawhonic.  Aurra is a great figure all around and can fit into several different areas of a collection for displaying purposes so having another of her is not a bad thing imo.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 2, 2012, 12:00 PM »
I was very happy with this wave of figures. All of the new figures are very detailed and well painted, and are easily some of the best of the Vintage Collection. I even didn't mind three of the TPM repacks. The only real dud in the case is Mowhonic... it was a very obscure character to repack, and considering the figure is the same size as an ewok but with substantially less gear its very disappointing. A second Royal Guard would have been awesome, but oh well. The Royal Guard and Republic Trooper are probably my favorites from the wave, due to their extra gear and versatility.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 2, 2012, 12:56 PM »
I opened up the eight new figures last night.

I was very under-whelmed by the Obi-Wan and Ahsoka figures - and I was looking forward to them the most. Like why is Ahsoka the same height as Obi-Wan? The addition of holes for their un-lit lightsabers was a nice addition that the realistic Clone Wars Anakin was missing.

The Jedi figures are all fantastic. Sure the Prune Face is just an update of the Legacy figure we got a couple years ago, but we all knew they were going to use that figure as the basis for this new figure so I'm willing to give Hasbro a "pass" on him. The rest - Weequay, Lumat, Royal Guard and Nien Nunb are all great and would have made for a great ROTJ themed wave - which I'm sure is how they were originally planned.

The star of the wave tho is the Republic Trooper - that figure is AMAZING and is a great addition to the rest of the Old Republic figures. Hasbro really stepped up their game for all three of these figures so I hope any new TOR figures in 2013 are equally on par with these.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 2, 2012, 04:47 PM »
I still think that it's inexcusable on Hasbro's part to have left Nien Nunb's lower mouth unpainted.  Even the vintage Kenner figure from 1983 was painted!  No excuse.   
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 2, 2012, 11:58 PM »
My case from BBTS should be arriving on Monday.  But no indications yet from Amazon about the individual Royal Guard and Republic Trooper figures that I ordered. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 3, 2012, 07:21 AM »
I just got this email from amazon:

"Star Wars Vintage Collection Episode VI Return of the Jedi Royal Guard"
Previous estimated arrival date: December 06, 2012 - December 08, 2012
New estimated arrival date: November 09, 2012 - November 15, 2012

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 3, 2012, 09:52 AM »
I just got this email from amazon:

"Star Wars Vintage Collection Episode VI Return of the Jedi Royal Guard"
Previous estimated arrival date: December 06, 2012 - December 08, 2012
New estimated arrival date: November 09, 2012 - November 15, 2012

I got that, too, so it sounds like I'll be getting my complete order!  :D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 3, 2012, 11:39 AM »
Ditto.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 3, 2012, 05:41 PM »
I got the Amazon email as well, but mine said November 7th on it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #222 on: November 3, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Got the same email though the later dates...  Don't care, I'm just happy to get stuff.

Some random thoughts...

I'm kinda ok with Ahsoka being taller.  She is older afterall.  If they were to do a younger one, and god I hope they do, I'd like her to obviously be smaller.  McGregor's not particularly tall so I'm not real miffed on the issue I guess.  I figure some creative license can be taken with CW characters.

I'm seeing prices drop on the ROTS guard and couldn't be happier.  I honestly like him fine and plan on picking up some when I see them for anything $5 or less.

I am geeked to get 2 Republic Troopers.  That figure is, hands down, outstanding looking.

Agree totally on Nein Numb's lip issue...  It's all about the $$$$$$$ though, as they've explicitly said paint aps are pricey.  Agree though, inexcusable.

Royal Guard...  I dig him but not a fan of the bearded head, honestly.  Guess the 2nd I can headswap with though.

I know it's asking for a lot but I really wanted a removable eyepatch on Orrimarko.  I really wanted to see a ghastly wound or open socket or something.  Make him look like a hardass.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 3, 2012, 07:44 PM »
I got the Amazon email as well, but mine said November 7th on it.

Got the same email though the later dates...  Don't care, I'm just happy to get stuff.

I believe I've got 2 different dates on my orders... I think Rob must be a prime member (as my wife is) and the others are regular free shipping.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #224 on: November 3, 2012, 11:16 PM »
Seems like this Wave is in stock at Amazon