Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 16 (2012 Wave 6)  (Read 39468 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 17
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 11:40 AM »
Is there a difference between this Jar Jar and the one that came out in that Movie Heroes line?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 12:03 PM »
Is there a difference between this Jar Jar and the one that came out in that Movie Heroes line?

Yes, the TVC one is super articulated, with a soft goods tunic, etc.  The MH is decent, but this other one appears to be quite a bit better.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 12:33 PM »
Ah, cool. Thanks!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 04:01 PM »
I'd say in every way it's vastly superior Lando...

The paint aps are wildly superior to the MH one, and the sculpt is also a good notch above.  The articulation almost is a non-issue since the MH one is probably "good enough" for many, but this one of course is a lot more heavily articulated.

I'd say, honestly, the paint aps and sculpt are where it's head and shoulders above MH though.  One looks like a toy, and one looks like a little replica.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 09:07 AM »
Cool. I haven't bought a Jar Jar since the POTJ one (which is probably the last one that was released). This will most likely be the last one I buy...at least it'll be good.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 03:15 PM »
I see that this wave is now in-stock at places like Entertainment Earth

At this point, I think I've completely switched over to on-line buying for my 3.75" SW fix.  Last wave I spotted at retail was the Malgus wave and sadly, I think that's a lot better luck than a lot of you out there have had finding new stuff. :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2012, 03:43 PM »
I see that this wave is now in-stock at places like Entertainment Earth

At this point, I think I've completely switched over to on-line buying for my 3.75" SW fix.  Last wave I spotted at retail was the Malgus wave and sadly, I think that's a lot better luck than a lot of you out there have had finding new stuff. :(

For me, I've been buying online for everything except the TPM & BluRay waves. I found the Malgus wave once, but everything else was a buy-by-the-case/set purchase from EE, BBTS or HTS.

I've given up trying to find Vintage at retail and the result will be that I'll be making close to a $250 Toys-for-Tots donation at the end of the year courtesy of all of the carry-forward figures I have (I currently have 23).

I have two cases of the Lost Line/Vintage Variant wave coming to supplement the Carbon Freeze Chamber set I'm getting from HTS. I'm keeping one set of figures on both card versions MOC and the other case is going to be my double-openers.

This case was really a miracle since it meant I was going to be able to get, with as few purchases as possible AND zero figures I didn't - everything I needed to be "done" with the wave.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 03:53 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 03:45 PM »
The only figures I've seen in NYC have been the TPM wave. Before that, it was seriously Vintage Collection wave 1 (Dengar, Cloud Car Pilot, etc). Oh, but I've seen many Celebration Han Solos...  ::)

Online is the way to go.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2012, 04:39 PM »
I'm slowly converting to an online buyer as well. I bought one of the Wave 4 revision cases from HTS a few weeks ago and it felt awesome to just get almost everything new delivered to my door all at once. Last full wave I saw in stores was the Blu-Ray wave back in February.

The only thing stopping me from ordering a case of this wave is that I don't want the duplicate Vader, Leia or Jar Jar, though I suppose I could trade those away for figures I still need (like Tarkin and the INC)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 11:46 PM »
Since I've found a local friend to go in with and save on shipping, I'm a tad happier about buying online only.

I picked up Wave 4 at a K-Mart locally, which gave me some extras.  That was the last wave I saw, and I saw remnants (repacks) of it once I believe at a Wal-Mart but none of the new(er) figures were there.  Just the Wave 2 Luke and the Star Wars Vader were all I saw (well, Vader's newer I guess).

I never saw Malgus wave, anywhere, but in the case I got....  This wave seemed to have been seriously stunted.  Acxtually Wave two with the DS figuers seemed stunted too, come to think of it.  I only saw it, or remnants, 2 or 3 times IIRC.  Part of me honestly thinks Hasbro saw the writing on the wall, and that 2 waves deep with TPM repacks was a big mistake, and they didn't let many of these out of the gate if they could.

Wave 4 SEEMED to hit more...  Not here, but other areas seemed to see it semi-frequently, at least relatively speaking anyway.

Wave 5 I've barely heard a whisper of people finding it at all really.

Wave 6...  maybe it's a turning point?  Probably not.

From what I've seen, most retailers have their re-order points set to basically the pegs being bare.  Target it seems pretty solidified since people clear the pegs, and then a re-order takes place at some point.  WM it's more difficult to say for sure.  K-Mart, at least here, hasn't had a ton on the pegs since the year began...  Actually, most of mine didn't order Wave 1, which has been to their benefit.  I've seen more new Clone Wars there than anything.  The only TPM figures I saw at K-Mart were from the Deleted Scene wave's repacks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Wave 16 (2012 Wave 6)
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2012, 04:16 PM »
I picked up most of this wave yesterday, thanks to a friend who owns a local comic book store.  I got both card versions of Bespin Leia, Vader, Clone Trooper Lieutenant, and Sandtrooper.  Couldn't bring myself to buy Jar Jar.  Passed on the Shock Trooper.  I'm not sure if this wave or the next will make it to retail, and if it does, I'm thinking it will be limited like wave 5.  While I totally love the vintage cards, I really dig the blue cards as well.   
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 1, 2012, 08:21 PM »
Did you see, guys, that Bespin Leia has brown pants and red shirt?

TVC depicts the first figure with different colors for her suit.

I wanna see an esb photo of Carrie for reference. ;)

Perhaps in the future we would learn more secrets about the saga costumes, like that which comes with tvc ponda baba

(not beidge pants but brown)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 1, 2012, 08:35 PM »
is this wave coming to retail?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: August 1, 2012, 08:56 PM »
Yes.  I don't believe it's been found yet at any conventional retailer though, just online at stores like EE or BBTS.  It is to come out to regular retail though.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: August 1, 2012, 09:00 PM »
There have been a few reports of it hitting some mom-and-pop style shops and some comic book stores but like JJ said, nothing really from Target or Walmart or Kmart yet. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender