Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 16 (2012 Wave 6)  (Read 39644 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 17
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 11:34 PM »
I'm pleasantly surprised by how well-done that Jar-Jar is... but considering who he is, why didn't Hasbro opt to give him a more silly look? They probably figured that if they did that then Jar-Jar haters would buy it just to set it on fire.

Emperor's Wrath Vader really threw me off... sort of a weird choice. It'll be interesting to see what the card looks like. No ball-joint hips on this one, which is disappointing. I wonder why they sculpted his right hand a fist instead of sculpting a mechanical stump, which would be screen accurate. Maybe the hand is removeable.   
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 12:23 AM »
Emperor's Wrath Vader really threw me off... sort of a weird choice. It'll be interesting to see what the card looks like. No ball-joint hips on this one, which is disappointing. I wonder why they sculpted his right hand a fist instead of sculpting a mechanical stump, which would be screen accurate. Maybe the hand is removeable.
Looks like it to me. The wrist looks thicker than it should be.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 9, 2012, 05:39 PM »
They remake electrocuted Vader but aren't gonna use a photo from that scene?

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/2012/TVC_Darth_Vader_ROTJ.jpg

No special ed shot of the Sandtrooper with  flying droid, but they did find an orange pauldron photo.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_Vintage_Collection_Cardbacks_Surface_145448.asp

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 9, 2012, 05:41 PM »
They remake electrocuted Vader but aren't gonna use a photo from that scene?

If you look at the UGH (Lost Wave) variant covers that will be released (the same ones that will be at SDCC), it will be electo-Vader. There's a pic on the front page... or click on the link of the photo I took at Toy Fair: http://www.jedidefender.com/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Conventions/Toy_Fair_2012/Hasbro_Star_Wars&image=PICT0251.JPG&img=&tt=

Same thing with the Sandtrooper: http://www.jedidefender.com/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Conventions/Toy_Fair_2012/Hasbro_Star_Wars&image=PICT0252.JPG&img=&tt=
« Last Edit: May 9, 2012, 05:45 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 9, 2012, 08:32 PM »
That's just makes me think they plan on doing a vintage  Vader cardback change later, which wouldn't surprise...anyone.  Hey, buy the same figure 3 times MOC collectors!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: May 9, 2012, 09:01 PM »
The more I look at this wave, the more I don't give a ****.

Anyone wanting the rest of it wanna hook me up with a Sandtrooper?  It's the only figure I'd be dying to have.  I would like Leia too, but then again she does nothing in that outfit...  This wave is definitely nothing I'd go out of my way to buy, like via a case...

I could live with MH Jar Jar if I picked him up.  I could live with the last Bespin Leia or a custom I figure out at some point...

The Sandtrooper is about all I care about.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 08:25 AM »
what is it about the Sandtrooper that makes you want this version so much?  just curious.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 10:51 AM »
The new recon droid and the new E11 sculpt are enough to get me to pick up a couple more Sandtroopers...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 01:51 PM »
+1
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #25 on: June 6, 2012, 11:45 AM »
Just curious....are either of the clones, or the Sandtrooper new sculpts?  It's getting hard for me to keep track of these things.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: June 6, 2012, 03:19 PM »
To my eyes, they don't look new, but new decoes and all that.  A helmet might be changed on the Clone perhaps, but I don't see anything to indicate that one way or the other yet.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 7, 2012, 01:44 AM »
I would not say any of these figures are 'Must" buys for me, but I still like how they all turned out.  Vader looks much better than I thought he would.  I actually want the clonetroopers.  Leia looks like a nice update from previous versions.  Jar-Jar actually looks decent.  I'm a sucker for Sandtroopers especially orange pauldron versions.  Is Prune Face in this wave? 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: June 7, 2012, 02:26 AM »
No, he's in, I think, the next wave...

This is Jar Jar, Bespin Leia, AOTC Clone Lt., Sandtrooper, Lightning Vader, and...  someone I'm forgetting, but I think it's the Red ROTS Clone Shocktrooper.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 07:14 PM »
Site sponsor Nerd Rage Toys has these up for pre-order, and the prices are fantastic...

Clicky to check it out!

The prices are right if you're looking for extras I think, and the sets are cheap too.  Good deal here!