Author Topic: 2012 SDCC Shockwave HISS and Jinx  (Read 11937 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
2012 SDCC Shockwave HISS and Jinx
« on: February 11, 2012, 06:08 PM »
Brilliant!  Looks like it comes with Destro and a B.A.T. + some energon cubes + Destro's case full of cash....and a mini soundwave with tapes!  Neat!  I'm sure I will have bad luck on HTS yet again, but looks like a winner in my eyes.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: 2012 SDCC Shockwave HISS and Jinx
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 06:20 PM »
Neat. I'm sure it will sell out while I'm trying in vain to get Jinx, but it's nice to look at.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Brilliant!  Looks like it comes with Destro and a B.A.T. + some energon cubes + Destro's case full of cash....and a mini soundwave with tapes!  Neat!  I'm sure I will have bad luck on HTS yet again, but looks like a winner in my eyes.

It is pretty sweet. I loved the Soundwave and tapes. I have some pictures... Hope Jesse can get them up.

I loved the Jinx.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 04:45 AM »
I wasn't too hot on this when they first announced it, now I really want to pick it up.  I think it's pretty genius.  They're really packing a lot in to the set and I loved the storyline behind it.

I'm going to be working hard for a hook-up to get this and both Jinx figures.  I may even take the week after SDCC off so I'm home during the ordering frenzy.

I wish I'd had a longer chance to talk to Derryl DePriest at the show.  I'd love to have suggested in person that they try to get HTS.com to release one license each day online.  Star Wars one day, TF on one and Joe on another just to cut down on the number of hits they'll get.  It could definitely reduce the load rather than having 3 major fan bases slaughter their bandwidth at the same time.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 4, 2012, 12:32 PM »
I'm going to bump this because SDCC is just over a month away.  Is anyone attending that could help me out with the exclusives this year?  The Shockwave set and Jinx?  PM me if you can.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 6, 2012, 10:10 AM »
Ugh...forgot Comicon is coming up.  Was lucky enough to have a TFW local help me out with Starscream last year so hoping the same will happen with Shocky - or if by chance I'm lucky enough to place an order of my own this year...assuming there's stock left after the show of course.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #6 on: June 6, 2012, 11:19 PM »
I think speculation on these (and Jinx) is going to be the worst it's ever been, thanks to the perfect storm of **** surrounding GI Joe. That said, I will totally add to the madness when they hit HTS.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 7, 2012, 03:27 AM »
Like last year's Starscream, I'm expecting to come up empty-handed on this one. So, I've decided to buy a Retaliation HISS the next time I see one to customize my own Shockwave.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 08:59 PM »
does anybody know when Jinx will be available at hasbrotoyshop ? and what time available ?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 09:32 PM »
I don't think Hasbro knows.  I'm going with the "be at your computer for the next 72 hours or until they go on sale" method.  Starting Monday morning.  Or until we hear something from Hasbro.

I can tell you this, reports are that both Jinx figures, X-Force, Bruticus, the MLP and Jem figures are all sold out.  The Jinx figs are "sold out for show" while the other 4 are "sold out" according to the order sheet.  And word is only 5 Helicarriers left w/ 32 Carbonite Chambers in the booth w/ a handful in back.  Report courtesy of Galactic Hunter...

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 10:14 AM »
I stopped at several Targets yesterday - was on a mission not for the 3 packs though, but the Target I found them at was the only one of the 4 or 5 I stopped at that even had them on clearance.

I don't think Hasbro knows.  I'm going with the "be at your computer for the next 72 hours or until they go on sale" method.  Starting Monday morning.  Or until we hear something from Hasbro.

I can tell you this, reports are that both Jinx figures, X-Force, Bruticus, the MLP and Jem figures are all sold out.  The Jinx figs are "sold out for show" while the other 4 are "sold out" according to the order sheet.  And word is only 5 Helicarriers left w/ 32 Carbonite Chambers in the booth w/ a handful in back.  Report courtesy of Galactic Hunter...

E...

I haven't had luck on hts for the past 2 years so I guess knowing they're already pre-sold out or whatever is good.  Will have better things to do then when they hit the site...if they do.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 08:43 PM »
I just wish Hasbro would stop treating sales times like state secrets.  Just pick a day, Tuesday, Wednesday, whatever, and announce it along with the time.  Done.

But, instead, they play the "we don't know" game and push things off.  We deal with this with these companies all the time and there's not reason for it.  All it does is piss people off.

Every year I've been able to order what I wanted until last year.  Last year their site was so ****** it was ridiculous.  I managed to get 2 things off the site that I wanted, one because I was lucky and one because there wasn't the demand for it.  But the Joe figures?  Didn't even get a shot at them.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 08:58 PM »
I wish I could get my brother the Jinx figures but I'm on the road tomorrow with accounts and he's seeing patients all day, so I doubt either of us will be near a puter till late, if they go on sale tomorrow.

I agree, if SS can pick fairly specific days and times, these stores could do the same with their exclusives I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 04:16 PM »
TheTerrorDrome.com: Will the 2012 SDCC exclusives (Jinx, Shockwave H.I.S.S.) be available on hasbrotoyshop.com this week, and will there be enough available to satisfy the fans?

Derryl DePriest (Hasbro): I don't know and I actually don't know the state of the sell through here. If there is product left, it will go on to Hasbro Toy Shop. I do believe they have kept some reserve, I'm not a 100% sure on this, so I'm maybe not the best one to answer it. But if there is product available it will go on to Hasbro Toy Shop. If it sells out here and we don't have that reserve, I don't know. That's a good question actually. Justin? Do you know the answer to this? If not can you find it? Is there going to be a certain quantity of our exclusives available on hasbrotoyshop.com come Monday?

Justin Aclin (Hunter PR): I believe that is the, yes.

DD: I think that is the, I think we have to do that.

JA: Yes.

TTD: Come Monday?

JA: No. It's not gonna' be come Monday. I'm sorry. That's the part that, ah. No. It's going to be some time next week. but we never really know ahead of time.

DD: Oh. Okay, I mean, are we staging it out so the servers don't crash and all that stuff?

JA: gonna have to talk to toy shop.

DD: Okay We don't know. O.K. So any questions Justin will be your man on anything toy shop.

TTD: Okay

DD: He may, I think he just gave you all the accurate information

TTD: At least as much as you have at this point.

JA: Not Monday but some time in the next week.

DD: There will be a quantity and what ever doesn't sell here will be added to that quantity but most of it we bring here.

TTD: Okay, Um, Ah. What is the process that to determine the SDCC exclusive? I know this has been talked about before, but obviously the last three years you got fan favorite figures that are really getting into the hands of people who maybe aren't Joe fans and using it, you know, to supplement their trip.

DD: Well you know, that we can't really control who buys them here, right?

TTD: Right. Of Course but.

DD: But, Um. But the process of creating them is, We, we know we can't fit some figures in the main line that we really have a passion for making so we bring them here and target them target them try to get the basic figures. So that's really are thinking is like. We don't have a way of doing them otherwise so let's celebrate them here and hopefully they do find their way into the hands of the fans that want them even, you know, it may cost a little more but its.

TTD: Secondary market.

DD: The alternative is, we need to give exclusives to the shop. It's part of our overall strategy to support the shop here at the show.

TTD: Okay

DD: So you know every year we're going to keep feeding that.

TTD: So they're more of hasbrotoyshop exclusives then San Diego Comic-Con?

DD: Ahh. Well they are Comic Con exclusives but, they're only available either here or right after the show on hasbrotoyshop.

TTD: But it's something you do for Hasbro Toy Shop then the con itself. It's not something the con demands you have a G.I. Joe

DD: It's really one and the same. So, Hasbro Toy Shop will only go to one convention a year. So, last year we went to New York Comic Con. We're not going to that any more. We're just focused here and it's because of the kind of economies and scale. It's a big operation. A lot of folks. So we need to make sure the crowd is there. and it's really, this is the only show that does that so we 're just focussed on here. So when we decide to come here we need the product range to really support and make sure that financially, we're showing Hasbro importantly that it's a good investment to come here for the fans. So it's kinda one of those things were it started small but its become kinda big. and it's become our only focus for shows.

TTD: Then one last question. It looks like as the line is progressing into 2013 that there's more articulation being introduced back into the line. Any chance we are going to see the drivers get more Articulation?

DD: Yes. That's the other thing I've heard. I know fans are not happy by far to put it mildly with the articulation that we did on the drivers. I want to look at getting those drivers back out with more articulation and you have my commitment that we won't be doing these lesser articulated drivers anymore. Whether that means vehicles come with or without drivers, I don't know that answer yet. But we're going to try to correct that.

Are there any sites out there to view all of the QnA's ???

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 04:38 PM »
Not really.  I think I only found two GI Joe Q&As from SDCC, The Terrordrome one you posted and one over at YoJoe.com.  I'm not sure if some of the other Joe sites actually had dedicated personnel at SDCC to do their Q&As.

The most interesting part of that entire interview, however, is the fact that HTS will only do one show per year now, and that show will alwasy be SDCC.  Anyone else think that's why they killed the Celebration VI exclusive, not because of some timing issue or whatever, but because the accountants decided that the store wouldn't travel?

And from all accounts, it sounds like Hasbro will have no presence whatsoever at NYCC anymore, not even a display booth and panels.  They're just not going at all now by the sounds of it. 

So, basically, you get Hasbro at Toy Fair and SDCC and MAYBE Celebration and MAYBE Joe and Bot Cons...  But Celebrations aren't every year and who knows how much longer they'll decide to go to the two Fan Club events...I assume they'll want to be at those because it's their own licensed product but what about future Celebrations?  I guess LFL could demand they be there as the #1 license holder, but it sounds like the best we can hope for now is some display cases and a presentation out of them.

E...