Author Topic: 2012 SDCC Shockwave HISS and Jinx  (Read 11938 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2012 SDCC Shockwave HISS and Jinx
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 01:41 PM »
Gonna guess nobody lucked into a Jinx or two?

If anyone did nab an extra and can help me out (to help my brother out), I'd appreciate it.  I was in a meeting when these went up, and my brother's not able to get online generally during the day.  Didn't get either Jinx because of it.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 01:48 PM »
I had them all in my cart for about 30 seconds before they got wisked away.  The carbonite set hung around for a decent amount of time at least - well decent enough for those of us who were on the site when they went live.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 01:49 PM »
I lucked into one of each Jinx for myself. Unfortunately I don't think people will have extras, unless they want one variant or the other. HTS had a 1 per household limit on everything, which I guess allows the items to last one whole minute instead of fifteen seconds.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 04:19 PM »
Ebay has her for about $40.  I didn't get her so i might have to bite the bullet

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 06:05 PM »
I probably would have committed seppuku if I'd missed out on Sgt. Slaughter, Business Suit Cobra Commander, and especially Zarana, but as much as I'd love a classic Red Jinx, I can live without this exclusive.  The character will be getting a movie version eventually, and that will work for me.  No way I'd pay a secondary market premium for this one.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 11:34 PM »
I checked at the top of the hour, a couple minutes after and then looked away, saw a tweet saying the Carbonite site was up and when I hit f5 they were all out of stock already (except the Carbonite & Helicarrier).  Totally missed.

I already BINed a Hiss tank from eBay but no Jinx for me.  I'm kinda pissed because I was home and waiting just for this and still missed.  By reading the forums, looks like the tank was gone in 2 - 3 minutes and Jinx only a minute or two longer.  The Carbonite set lasted nearly a half hour and the Helicarrier a couple.

I'm still kind of pissed but nothing to do about it now.  From the interviews with Hasbro it's sound like it's only going to get worse from here on out.  They're focusing solely on SDCC now and the way they're talking, it sounds like they have even less interest in making these SDCC exclusives available after the show online.  My take away from this is that if you can't spend thousands of dollars to be in San Diego every summer you can go screw.  And, it took a Joe interview to get out the info, but they've already told the SW collectors to screw, no more Celebration exclusives by the sound of it. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 01:05 AM »
I paid $40something for Zarana last year. I really don't think I can cough that up again for a 3.75" figure, which is probably why I never buy con sets.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 01:48 AM »
If con exclusives are going to be insanely difficult to get new figures, I'm kind of fine with con exclusives going away entirely...

I'm ok with the SW format for the most part because they don't hose the fans like the GIJ ones...  There's nothing entitling people to getting the stuff, but at least for SW Hasbro's made what seems like some kind of effort to piss off the least ammount they can, while still giving the con something big and special in terms of an exclusive item.

Not to say SOME guys won't be mad about not getting a carbo Jar Jar, but at the end of the day, does anyone honestly feel their collection is lacking if they don't have it? 

Make it Jocasta Nu, and that hard to get, and you'd have just raw seething hatred...  even guys who hate Jocasta Nu would be mad an all-new figure, especially one from the films, was impossible to get ahold of.

Then again everyone's bitching that she costs $25 and will ultimately be accessible so I guess there is no "win" there.

But yeah, the GIJ guys are the ones with a legitimate beef...  Zarana, Jinx, Slaughter...  That's like saying Ceremony Leia's exclusive to SDCC and most of you won't get her.  Or the Tonnika Sisters.

I'm really bummed today about Jinx (the one without the mask) because my brother's too busy at work to sit at a computer all day hoping and watching when he's seeing patients, and I'm rarely at a computer for long periods.  *shrugs*  Who really ought to be pissed is everyone who's employed at a job that doesn't afford you internet access, or access for long periods of time, which are quite a few I'd think.  I guess they assume most collectors work in a cubicle but I know I'm not one of them, haha.  Oh well...  such is life.  It's just toys.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012, 02:34 AM »
I wouldn't miss con exclusives at all. I was OK with Slaughter, since there was no other way that was going to happen, but I only had to pay somebody on ebay $30 for him. Zarana was OK to complete a set, and was a figure I would have bought at retail, but Jinx isn't a character I have that much affinity for.

I could do without Club exclusives too. I enjoyed getting Dial-Tone, but Footloose was kind of 'meh', probably because of price. Or I'm still butthurt about the movie delay and down on the property because of it. I don't know.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 08:37 AM »
From the sound of things, even if you do plan on attending SDCC, you've also got to plan on doing just about nothing else but trying to get the exclusives.  My little brother goes every year, and he couldn't even get tickets to get in line for Hasbro stuff for a couple of days.  Thankfully he was able to finally get through and get me the Marvel Universe Masters of Evil set, but by then, both versions of Jinx were sold out.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 11:26 AM »
GO NOW!!

*EDIT - GONE
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 11:53 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 11:53 AM »
Already out of stock...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 10:38 AM »
My order shipped.   :)  First year in the last 3 that I had any luck with hts so I'm pretty stoked.  I'm not sure I really care for the white Jinx though, but will be nice to have something new to barter with.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 03:46 AM »
$40 shipped for a red Jinx. Ah, what the hell. At least it's on it's way, and there's no new Joes until February. And, I don't have to stalk HTS like a jilted lover.

I can't wait until it becomes unprofitable for Hasbro to sell Joe exclusives at SDCC. $40 for a Joe figure is becoming unreasonable.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 07:09 AM »
I hear ya man.  Sucks that we have to pay through the nose to get updated vintage type Joes that otherwise wouldn't be in the main line....though Slaughter would have sold like hotcakes had he been released to retail at the right time.  I still need that dude.

Got my SDCC Shockwave yesterday along with my Jinxs (I did my time stalking HTS)  Shockwave box is just as huge as last year's Starscream.  Had no clue.  Jinxs is/are nice, but really don't care much for the white version.  First time ever getting a variant off hts.  yay