Author Topic: Star Wars Fighter Pods / Micro Force  (Read 13538 times)

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Fighter Pods
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 07:24 PM »
I'm either totally nuts or just bored with the lack of new product, but I've started collecting this little guys this week

Bad idea.  But I'll guess bored and nuts.  ;)

To be honest, I briefly contemplated it myself, for the same reasons I think.  But collecting a line with blind and/or chase figures can make one's life miserable (as you know).  As if the 4" line wasn't accomplishing that well enough these days.  You realize Hasbro now owns you twice over, and considering the way they've been pimping the schizz out of this line in the past year, I think you're gonna have your work cut out for you for a few years to come in keeping up with these little buggers.  This is the kind of line I'd normally wait to run it's course, and then keep an eye out for complete sets on eBay for a few hundred bucks later on, or at least an OT only set.  That was a better method to the madness with the SWM lines at least.

I was actually coming in here to mention that I saw a huge set of these (with 4 ships) at Costco last week amongst the X-mas toy swag.  Can't recall the price right now, but it was obviously very reasonable (maybe $30ish).  Wondered if this might entice others to delve into the madness while loading up on way more coffee and fabric softener than they could ever need.

Yep, $30.  Here's a pic from RS:
Softgoods suck.  Almost as much as the Prequels.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 11:48 PM »
I like the Fighter Pods figures (I've always been into dorky figures like that), but the ridiculous prices has kept me from collecting them.  However, if I found that many figures for $30 it just might be enough to suck me in.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 12:52 PM »
Just saw the Fighter Pods at 5 Below this AM!

They have the 4 packs for $3.  Not too bad a deal.  Grabbed 2 packs for the kids.  FYI, the sets I saw seemed to have the same handful of characters..lots of doubles between the packs they had. For example, they had about 10 packs on the shelf, 4 or 5 of those had Jar Jar, another 4 or 5 had silver C-3PO.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 12:21 AM »
FYI, the sets I saw seemed to have the same handful of characters..lots of doubles between the packs they had.

That's the other big reason I've never jumped into collecting these, you're guaranteed so many duplicates.  :-\

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 10:21 AM »
FYI, the sets I saw seemed to have the same handful of characters..lots of doubles between the packs they had.

That's the other big reason I've never jumped into collecting these, you're guaranteed so many duplicates.  :-\

Plus the fact that there are 'duplicates' in series 2 and 3 in the form of holograms.  I guess I don't see how a hologram would do much damage in battle.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 11:08 AM »
The Fighter Pods sold out within days at my 5 Below.  FYI, the same 4 packs were goin for $9.99 at TRU as a few other places.  I'm split on these.   don't collect them, but we'e bough some for hte kids and they seem to love them.

I actually like the, and the fact that thy tae up so litte space is appealing.  I just can't see startig a new "blind packed" collection.  Always seems (in any "bind pack" collectable) to end up  beng hundreds of commons that aren't worth crap, and just one or two really expensive peices everyone istrin to scramble to get and really HTF.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #21 on: February 3, 2013, 03:50 PM »
Adam at GH reports finding a new Fighter Pods tin at Target. Doesn't look like it includes any (advertised) exclusives so it might be a pass unless collectors want the tin.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 12:37 AM »
I'm either totally nuts or just bored with the lack of new product

Dammit, I'd avoided getting into these until I came across an X-Wing vs TIE multipack on clearance at TRU last week and couldn't resist.  Now I just spent the last few hours on eBay tracking down a bunch more!  I'm sticking with OT and CW ones.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2017, 12:28 PM »
Looks like Hasbro is resurrecting another idea from the past - Star Wars Micro Force (aka Fighter Pods without the Pods!).  The line will start with $3 blind bags with two mini-figures in them.  There will no doubt be multi-figure "collector" or "gift" boxes with exclusive figures eventually, I'm sure.

Wave 1:

Wave 2:

Hasbro hinted at SW Celebration that they were planning on doing something new for the "blind bag" impulse buy portion of the toy aisles/checkout lanes, but I can't say I was expecting Fighter Pods 2.0.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Fighter Pods / Micro Force
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2017, 01:22 PM »
I really don't get this move by Hasbro.  Didn't these things collect a lot of dust and not sell too well last time around? 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Fighter Pods / Micro Force
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2017, 05:53 PM »
Thinking the little plastic army men will be next...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy