Author Topic: LOTR LEGO  (Read 50264 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: LOTR Legos
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2012, 03:23 PM »
Got a LEGO magazine the other day and it had three pages of LOTR sets... I'll link to the pics since they're pretty big

Characters/Bios

Sets
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2012, 02:11 AM »
Sets are now available at shop.lego.com... they're supposed to hit brick and mortar stores around June 1!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2012, 02:24 PM »
Sets are now available at shop.lego.com... they're supposed to hit brick and mortar stores around June 1!

I was tempted to order some sets, although I guess I could wait for June 1 (or whenever).  We've been having fun putting together the few SW sets we've been able to get (Landspeeder, X-Wing, Falcon), and have been eyeing the Avengers sets as well.  I could see this LEGO stuff getting out of hand as well, but it would be a lot of fun if it was all you collected too.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2012, 09:42 PM »
Saw these today at TRU.  I really wanted to buy a set but was kinda pissed at the markup.  I'll wait for Walmart to get them.  I'll definitely get the Shelob and Gandalf sets.  I really like the looks of the rest and even though I said earlier that I was probably in on this line, I don't know if I'll actually buy that many.  SW and GI Joe are way too expensive this year, with several huge purchases for both coming up, and they take priority over the LOTR sets.

Still, I'm psyched to see what they do with the LOTR sets, especially, and then the Hobbit.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2012, 01:05 AM »
The mark-up?  I hate to even ask.  ::)

I'm going to probably be cautious myself but I'm going to try getting the smaller sets for sure.  Helm's Deep is probably off the table for me, and no Orthanc most likely.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2012, 02:25 PM »
I stopped by TRU today, and they had the LOTR sets out here as well.  As badly as I wanted some of those larger sets (all of them really), I just picked up the "Gandalf's Arrival" set for now.  Man, these are tough to resist though.  Much like the Avengers sets, I'd like to get the larger ones, but we'll just have to wait and see.  If LEGO was the only thing I collected, it would be another thing, but finding the budget (and space) for everything is another story.  They all look great though, and hopefully I'll be able to pick up more throughout the year.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2012, 10:39 PM »
Greatest aspect of Lego is sales.  Lego's always going on sale for some reason, and if I were a collector I'd probably never buy anything full price save for the rare exclusive or whatever.  It's a much more predictable hobby, than say action figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2012, 11:58 PM »
You're exactly right on that, Jesse.  Lego's model is working pretty well.  Measured releases two times a year with a few special releases in between and then the occasional release for a licensed product.  They have frequent sales, you can almost always find something marked down on a rotating basis, and product ships to retail usually for at least a year.

Plus you have all the promos to take advantage of on Shop.Lego.com or in the Lego stores; free minifigures, posters, free shipping, bonus VIP points, etc.  They've built an extremely loyal customer base worldwide and nearly all system sets from the various themes not only maintain value, but quite often increase over time. 

I can't think of any other toy line that really has going for it what Lego does.  The only downside is the buy-in price on some sets.  No matter how cool it is, it's hard to drop $400 on a set like the Death Star or Super Star Destroyer.  When it comes specifically to SW, I'm at least satisfied that over the last couple of years they've made sure to have some offerings in the $10 - $25 range.  There were a couple of years where their entry level was something like $29.99...not their best two years.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012, 01:50 PM »
I'm in love with the Gollum mini fig
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2012, 02:42 PM »
My Wal Mart had a few of the sets today...cheaper than TRU to boot

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2012, 06:54 PM »
My Walmart sold through the whole lot of sets with the exception of Helms Deep.  I think it was a clean sweep of all the rest.

And I don't think Target has gotten them in yet.

E...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 12:00 PM »
Haven't seen them anywhere locally aside from TRU, but the other stores seem to be doing some resets, so hopefully soon.  It is going to be tough to not want to get all of these.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #42 on: June 1, 2012, 10:22 AM »
The Helm's Deep set is sweet with that cave troll. I also like the simple Arrival of Gandalf set.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 1, 2012, 10:37 AM »
I saw all of the sets at the local Lego Store, and they all look rather nice.  Must resist .....

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 1, 2012, 10:39 AM »
As predicted....LEGO LOTR video game (date unannounced), here's the trailer...woo!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/01/lego-lord-of-the-rings-teaser-trailer