Author Topic: LOTR LEGO  (Read 50170 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: LOTR LEGO
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2013, 03:24 AM »
Saw some new sets this weekend at a TRU...  I'm giddy to buy something at a more reasonable price.

Their BOGO deal they had going almost got me to buy Elrond & Mirkwood sets though.  I think that'd actually be an ok price when all the smoke cleared.  And Elf overload.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2013, 02:34 PM »
Saw the new sets at Target yesterday...cool looking sets!  I really like the Mouth of Sauron.  I would think a Tower of Sauron isn't too far behind the Orthanc tower.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2013, 08:10 PM »
Saw some 2013 sets at target today.  Nice to see a less than absurd price on new ME Legos. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 2, 2013, 11:08 AM »
Picked up 9473 Mines of Moria at Target last night for 50% off. 

Thursday is the normal markdown day for clearance items at my store so I actually stopped in yesterday morning on the way to work and scanned that set, it was still about 30% off.  Got out of work and it was 50%.  I also missed out on one of the larger Galaxy Squad sets I'd been waiting on for 50% off.  They had 3 or 4 yesterday morning, gone when I got there in the PM. 

Lego does not sit around on clearance prices.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: August 5, 2013, 03:02 PM »
My Target finally put out all the new sets, and I got the Wizard battle set.  Wow it may be the finest single set they've ever done for the Middle Earth lines.  It's simplistic but awesome.  The Eye is too cool inside the palantir and spins around.  Just love that set now.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 6, 2013, 10:59 AM »
Spotted more clearances, at Walmart this time.  Helm's Deep for $89, Uruk-hai sets for $21 and Gandalf Arrives for $9 I think.

The Hobbit sets included Mirkwood Spiders, Wargs, Unexpected Gathering ($49) and Goblin King Battle for $69.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: August 6, 2013, 08:38 PM »
Eric I hope those hit here like that.  I want Goblin King and Spiders. :(  Still need both.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2013, 02:31 AM »
Of all my WM visits this weekend only one had Gandalf sets.  I nabbed one of the two they had.  $9, I figured I'd cave.

They had Moria on clearance and I'm thinking if I see that for insanely cheap I'll buy just for the extra Wraiths and toss the bricks into my old bin of grey bits/castle Legos...  I should just sell that stuff off and raise LOTR Lego money at this point.

I didn't see anything LOTR on clearance but those two though...  Helm's Deep was full price, as were the Uruk Hai sets they had. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2013, 08:44 AM »
My Target had the Gates of Mordor on 30 % Clearance...no room for it or the Ship on the shelves.  They do have Elrond's Council on the shelf though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2013, 03:52 PM »
Damn that's a nice early find Scott.  I'd have picked that up for that price right away.

I'm still dragging my feet on the spiders Hobbit set wishing I could get some kinda discount on it.  :-\  The only new set I've bought is the wizard battle which is a great intro/one-buy type set for someone wanting a LOTR lego set but not a space hog or to pay too much.  It's perfect.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2013, 04:28 PM »
Yeah I bought it while skipping to the register like a little school girl.  I'd check smaller Targets JJ

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2013, 08:30 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Scott, noticed that both the pirate ship and Gates of Mordor sets were both moved to a clearance endcap at our local store as well.  Mighty tempting...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2013, 08:54 PM »
And now today I ended up picking up the Gates of Mordor set.  The bottom shelf was full of Mordor/Corsair Ship yesterday on 30% clearance, today there was only one of each left so I couldn't pass it up.  I'm tempted to grab the other if it hangs around long enough, although I really don't know where I'm going to put all of these LEGO sets :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2013, 01:34 PM »
Had a nice find today at our local Target.  There was a single Pirate Ship Ambush set on the shelf, so I took it to the scanner to check it out....and it rang up at $29.98.  I wasn't decided if I was going to get this set or not, but at that price I couldn't pass it up.  After discounts and everything it ended up at around $27, so not too bad.  Sort of makes me want to hunt down the few others I'm still missing from the LOTR lineup, but we'll see.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2013, 02:38 PM »
That is a heckuva deal...congrats!  I still need one of those and the Council of Elrond and I will be all caught up