Author Topic: The Future of the Clone Wars Toy Line?  (Read 51198 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of the Clone Wars Toy Line?
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2013, 01:15 PM »
To me, Clone Wars figures done in the realistic style but with only 5 POA is a completely different animal than Clone Wars figures done in the realistic style but with 12-14 POA.

I'd much rather see them out out a new CW character in the Black Series and do it right the first time, instead of delivering a sub-par version of a character that will never offered as a figure ever again.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2013, 03:44 PM »
I'd much rather see them out out a new CW character in the Black Series and do it right the first time, instead of delivering a sub-par version of a character that will never offered as a figure ever again.

Ditto on this. Imagine the legion of collectors pissed when Hasbro makes a realistic TCW 2-pack of Cyborg Maul and Pre Vizsla - but with only 5 POA. >:( And then it'd be even worse if we got: "Hasbro feels confident that the versions of Maul and Pre Vizsla are up-to-date. Going forward, there will be no more TCW versions of either character."

I could totally see that happening.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2013, 04:43 PM »
It does stink that there won't be any more CW stuff.  I was hoping we'd at least see it continue in the Black Series with the realistic style, I've loved all of those so far.  Still, I guess it is nice to know one way or the other on the animated line instead of continuing to wonder.  It is amazing how quickly this fell off of Hasbro's radar.  When it launched it seemed it was all that mattered, and has turned into an afterthought the past couple years and now just fizzled away.  So much nice stuff left on the table too.  Even some exclusive "Bounty Hunters" or "Death Watch" multipacks would be cool.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2013, 05:13 PM »
Had "the talk" with my son today. (and did not even have to talk about birds OR bees :))  He was a little upset that the line was ending, but is majorly getting into OT Lego sets. By the time the new movies hit, he will be too old to want to collect action figures any more. Without his support it will be hard to continue to front the cash for collecting with the wife's approval.
So in short, Hasbro's lack of an exit strategy for the Clone wars has likely cost them 2 or 3 more years of sales from my son, that will almost certainly head to Lego.

Sorry Hasbro, you blew it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2013, 09:09 PM »
The future is realistic style figures in The Black Series.  They already did 3 x realistic Clone Wars characters in The Vintage Collection.  And there were realistic CW Mace Windu & Captain Rex figures planned for the Legacy Collection before it was revamped as The Black Series.  Seeing how Hasbro already revealed those characters this past summer, they're likely to be offered in some way, shape or form in The Black Series.  Not Saga Legends.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2013, 10:23 AM »
File this one under "WTF?" or "Things that rub salt in the wound":

Entertainment Earth just posted FIVE new 2012 Clone Wars assortments.  Yes, new case assortments of the 2012 Clone Wars figures, set to arrive this spring.  WTF?  ???

Clone Wars 2012 Wave 4 Revision 1 - April 2013
3x Anakin Skywalker, 2x Clone Trooper (Phase II), 1x Captain Rex, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi, 1x Plo Koon, 1x Yoda, 1x Mace Windu, 1x Chewbacca, 1x Commander Fox

Clone Wars 2012 Wave 4 Revision 2 - April 2013
3x Anakin Skywalker, 1x Clone Trooper (Phase II), 1x Captain Rex, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi, 1x Commander Cody, 1x Plo Koon, 1x Aqua Battle Droid, 1x Savage Opress, 1x Cad Bane, 1x Yoda

Clone Wars 2012 Wave 4 Revision 3 - April 2013
3x Anakin Skywalker, 3x Clone Trooper (Phase II), 1x Commander Cody, 1x Plo Koon, 1x Aqua Battle Droid, 1x Savage Opress, 1x Cad Bane, 1x Yoda

Clone Wars 2012 Wave 4 Revision 4 - April 2013
4x Anakin Skywalker, 4x Clone Trooper (Phase II), 2x Yoda, 2x Commander Fox

Clone Wars 2012 Wave 4 Revision 5 - May 2013
1x Republic Commando Boss, 5x Anakin Skywalker, 5x Clone Trooper (Phase II), 1x Aayla Secura

So...  we can't get the 2013 Clone Wars figures in the USA, but we can get five new assortments of 2012 figures?   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2013, 10:37 AM »
um...what?!?!

5 revision cases? FIVE? All of which have more or less the same figures? WTF, indeed.

I guess this would explain why the TCW figures currently on the pegs aren't getting clearanced, ala Target and TVC. Must be the same DPCI.

At least this will give fans another shot at those hard to find Obi and Anakin figures. I mean, why WOULD you re-issue Scuba Ahsoka? She was only the most interesting figure released all year.  ::)

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:54 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2013, 11:07 AM »
Ahh... more opportunities for Phase II clones  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2013, 11:17 AM »
Holy crap... 18 Anakins and 15 Clones spread among the 5 cases. The burning question is WTF wasn't TVC packed in a similar manner. Royal Guards, Malgii, and Republic Troopers probably would have sold thru at 3x per case, maybe even 5x.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2013, 01:13 PM »
Clearly no one is minding the store. I'm not one to pile on Hasbro, but this is really bad business.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2013, 03:37 PM »
EE is gonna choke on all those Anis

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 3, 2013, 06:15 AM »
My God is that stuff ever stale.

Blech.

If Hasbro claims this stuff isn't selling, they can hold a mirror up to themselves and blame their own case packs and distribution.  It is the root of all evil.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2013, 09:41 PM »
Ok, after re-reading Jeff's original post, I am convinced I saw the Wave 4 Revision 2 case at three separate Targets today. Rex and Obi were the giveaways. All the figures from that case were at all 3 stores, and these were stores that had been pretty well picked over for the past few weeks.

Figures they would skimp on the Foxes!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2013, 06:56 PM »
Well, it's been fun guys (and gals....well, mostly guys). It seems that the Clone Wars toy line is dead, and the cartoon along with it. My days of trolling the boards will most likely come to a close. My son will likely be too old to think toys are cool when Ep.7 comes out, and with only a handful of episodes left we will just have to find other ways to enjoy our time together before he becomes a young man that no longer needs his dad. This is a sad moment for me. The Clone Wars gave me a second chance to power-walk to the toy section and cross my fingers that a new and exciting Star Wars figure would be dangling from the pegs. But more importantly, it gave me an excuse to lock myself away on one side of the house with my boy and just have a great time creating battles and adventures. He still asks me to play "Clone Wars" every Saturday morning. Will that last another year, or two? Now that new episodes are gone, I don't know. But I am going to get the most out of it that I can.

It has been great interacting with so many Clone Wars fans, and I will miss the fun. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and stories over the years. New adventures of the Clone Wars will be seen on a live performance basis only for the immediate future at our household, and I guess that is all I could ever ask for.

Thank you Jedidefender. It has been great.

-TheSon

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2013, 03:40 PM »
Well, it's been fun guys (and gals....well, mostly guys). It seems that the Clone Wars toy line is dead, and the cartoon along with it. My days of trolling the boards will most likely come to a close. My son will likely be too old to think toys are cool when Ep.7 comes out, and with only a handful of episodes left we will just have to find other ways to enjoy our time together before he becomes a young man that no longer needs his dad. This is a sad moment for me. The Clone Wars gave me a second chance to power-walk to the toy section and cross my fingers that a new and exciting Star Wars figure would be dangling from the pegs. But more importantly, it gave me an excuse to lock myself away on one side of the house with my boy and just have a great time creating battles and adventures. He still asks me to play "Clone Wars" every Saturday morning. Will that last another year, or two? Now that new episodes are gone, I don't know. But I am going to get the most out of it that I can.

It has been great interacting with so many Clone Wars fans, and I will miss the fun. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and stories over the years. New adventures of the Clone Wars will be seen on a live performance basis only for the immediate future at our household, and I guess that is all I could ever ask for.

Thank you Jedidefender. It has been great.

-TheSon
Damn.  I don't even want to think about the day where my son moves on.  Enjoy every minute with that boy, and I think someday he'll realize just how lucky he is to have such a great dad.