Collectibles > Discover the Force / Movie Heroes

2012 Movie Heroes Battle Packs

(1/18) > >>

Jeff:
Looking over the Toy Fair stuff again today...  what's the deal with Hasbro apparently announcing two new movie Battle Packs for the Fall?  Something about a new Naboo 3-pack and new Bespin 3-pack?  I haven't read too much on those, but I guess there must have been some mention of them at the collector event?

Scott:
IIRC, the Naboo one is Maul/Kenobi/Jinn while the Bespin one is Vader/Fett/Luke...all with new figs

Jeff:
So... after releasing the hell out of Maul, EVO Qui-Gon, and 2009 Kenobi in the Vintage, Walmart DTF, and Movie Hero lines this Spring, they're going to put out all-new versions of those three in a new Battle Pack this Fall?  Seriously?

And the Bespin pack?  Instead of a NEW Lando, Bespin Escape Leia, and Bespin Escape Chewie/3PO that everyone would happily grab, we get the tooling dollars wasted on another new Bespin Luke, Vader and Fett?  No wonder no one is talking about these battle packs...  :P

Jesse James:

--- Quote from: Jeff on February 13, 2012, 04:31 PM ---Looking over the Toy Fair stuff again today...  what's the deal with Hasbro apparently announcing two new movie Battle Packs for the Fall?  Something about a new Naboo 3-pack and new Bespin 3-pack?  I haven't read too much on those, but I guess there must have been some mention of them at the collector event?

--- End quote ---

I pretty much missed all this too...

I'm almost interested in how Boba could be improved, but somehow I doubt this'll be an improvement.  I also want to see what they're defining as "new" too.   :-\  I'm imagining Luke's going to be the Vinty figure with maybe a new, battle damaged upper torso.  That figure was made with what seems like a really pre-planned customizability to it.  I honestly thought we'd have seen those legs re-used for Dagobah Luke this year.

Jeff:
Spinning this off from the main Toy Fair thread...

I see that Walmart apparently has listings already for the two OT Movie Heroes Battle Packs mentioned at Toy Fair:

"Bespin Battle" (Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett and Darth Vader)
and
"Duel on Naboo" (Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Darth Maul)

Again, I just don't get it.  More Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Maul, and Vader?  Really?  All the carded versions of those four planned for this year aren't enough?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version