Author Topic: 4” Epic Hero Series Figure Line  (Read 1978 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 4” Epic Hero Series Figure Line
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2024, 08:48 PM »
Looks like there is an N-1 with Mando and Grogu.   I’m desperately hoping those figures are repacks. 🤦‍♂️

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2024, 10:42 PM »
The N-1 Mando pack in comes with his jetpack... >:D

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2024, 11:00 PM »
Kill me.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2024, 09:23 AM »
Looks like there is an N-1 with Mando and Grogu.

At $35, it costs ~1/4 what the TVC version did.  That will assuredly bring complaints from some people who spent $130 on the TVC version. Here is the Yakface pic for those who have not seen it. Yakface story

Kill me.

At least it's only $35 - and maybe you'll catch a nice sale. :-\
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 09:30 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2024, 09:35 AM »
lol.

It’s less than 1/4 the cost of the TVC one but it’s also less than 1/20th of the quality. 

At $35 it’s only $20 more than Paz Vizla was.  I have nothing but complaints with this line but here I go. 

I’ll just sell the ship and try to get $15 or $20 back. 

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2024, 12:05 PM »
For those buying these (Rob), do you think one could make a squad of Stormtroopers that would look OK if they were not with regular 3.75 figs?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2024, 01:46 PM »
They are pretty bulky and missing some black paint, especially the visible white neck. And they have hexagonal weapon ports on their arms. These all detract from really displaying with other more "realistic" modern figures.

That said, I bought 2 to pose ironically squaring off with some POTF2 Rebel Fleet Troopers. They are much better in that setup than other modern Stormtroopers or POTF2 ones, which have aged very poorly.
I

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2024, 01:58 PM »
I’ll be interested to see how well the new N-1 vehicle works with TVC figures.  I’m not opposed to buying some of these more basic vehicles if they look okay and can fit the TVC figures without them swimming in the cockpit.

I have no interest in collecting these figures, although I may struggle to resist if they come out with never made before figures.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2024, 03:34 PM »
Yeah that would entirely be a question of what your standards are.  If they’re low, you could certainly do it.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2024, 08:58 AM »
Yeah that would entirely be a question of what your standards are.  If they’re low, you could certainly do it.

I wouldn't say my standards are low, but I think these things should be toys and not statues.  Ideally you find some balance of both, but things like light up moving chin guns on an AT-AT, and shooting NERF bullets are not screen accurate but pretty cool from a toy perspective.  This version of the N1 definitely seems a bit chunky, but I'll be interested to see how it works from a toy perspective with TVC figures to see if scratches the toy itch.

I certainly don't want the TVC figures slopping around in a giant opening where they can't really sit properly or where a droid/Grogu can't fit right.  Looking at it I'm mostly worried about how the droid/Grogu socket is going to work with TVC figures.  The TVC version handled this fairly well with the different inserts, although I wish you could have fit a whole R5 droid in there and not just a dome.