Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

The Future of Star Wars Collecting?

<< < (43/172) > >>

Jayson:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on January  9, 2013, 08:22 PM ---That doesn't shock me at all, but yeah that's dickish.  They're acting like a potato chip company.  ::)

--- End quote ---

It reminds me of the TVC Tauntaun: a relatively huge box for a small beast

Greg:
The Class II's definitely suck, especially since there isn't a "normal" alternative available. When they were first revealed I understood what Hasbro was aiming for with the reduced size, but that shouldn't have come with a step down in quality. Hopefully vehicles go back to normal sizes for Episode 7. I would be extremely bummed if new stuff ends up being undersized with cheap construction.

As for what to do in 2013... I was balancing pretty well between Star Wars and GI Joe over the past couple of years, so I'll continue collecting GI Joe as I have been and try to save what I would have spent on Star Wars for the Fall. I do plan on picking up the Class 1 Vehicle sets and an Endor AT-AT, but those are minor purchases when spread over the course of the next six or so months. As always I'll be keeping an eye out for any good clearance or discount store deals. *cough*Five Below*cough* I don't think I want to focus on filling holes in my collection, as that ends up getting expensive very quickly for me as I think of more holes that require filling.

Rob:
I'm working overtime to get caught up on SW Lego.

After that, I might pick up a vintage brown haired Luke and a few other minor variations that I am missing...

Mostly, I'm going to enjoy not having any new product on the horizon that I feel compelled to collect for the first time in about 17 years.

If I get really bored though, I might save up and pick up a vinyl caped jawa.

Mister Skeezler:
You guys should start working on some dioramas.

Jesse James:
I'm gonna make Bossk's Bungalow to rival Lobot's Duplex.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version