Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

The Future of Star Wars Collecting?

<< < (111/172) > >>

Darth_Anton:
After Celebration, the future of Star Wars collecting is... good.  :)

Jeff:
Interesting rumor/note over at Yakface this past weekend -

"What is even more interesting is that we’re hearing of a potential scale change too (comparable scale and price to the 5” Marvel Infinity War line). That would essentially mean that there wouldn’t be two competing 3.75” lines vying for collectors dollars with just the Vintage Collection remaining."

So -
5" Kids line (Galaxy of Adventure)
3.75" Collector line (The Vintage Collection)
6" Collector line (Black Series)

If we've truly hit the point where Hasbro is abandoning the "3.75inch line is for kids" idea, it's a big moment for the line, the license, and the future.  Is this a last chance grab to re-ignite kid interest in SW figures? One last scale change money grab before they lose the license in 2020 (to someone like Mattel, who just lost their DC license, or even to Disney itself)?  Interesting times ahead for sure if the rumor is true (and let's face it - Jayson wouldn't just be tossing this out there).

Imagine an Episode 9 line where there are 4-6 new 3.75" Ep9 figures mixed in with 4-6 OT/TLJ/SOLO repacks across 2-3 waves.   Someone go ahead and queue up some R.E.M. for me.  :(

Matt_Fury:

--- Quote from: Jeff on January  7, 2019, 10:59 AM ---Imagine an Episode 9 line where there are 4-6 new 3.75" Ep9 figures mixed in with 4-6 OT/TLJ/SOLO repacks across 2-3 waves. 

--- End quote ---

Stop it...my penis can only get so erect! [/Krieger]

Rob:

--- Quote from: Jeff on January  7, 2019, 10:59 AM ---Interesting rumor/note over at Yakface this past weekend -

"What is even more interesting is that we’re hearing of a potential scale change too (comparable scale and price to the 5” Marvel Infinity War line). That would essentially mean that there wouldn’t be two competing 3.75” lines vying for collectors dollars with just the Vintage Collection remaining."

So -
5" Kids line (Galaxy of Adventure)
3.75" Collector line (The Vintage Collection)
6" Collector line (Black Series)

If we've truly hit the point where Hasbro is abandoning the "3.75inch line is for kids" idea, it's a big moment for the line, the license, and the future.  Is this a last chance grab to re-ignite kid interest in SW figures? One last scale change money grab before they lose the license in 2020 (to someone like Mattel, who just lost their DC license, or even to Disney itself)?  Interesting times ahead for sure if the rumor is true (and let's face it - Jayson wouldn't just be tossing this out there).

Imagine an Episode 9 line where there are 4-6 new 3.75" Ep9 figures mixed in with 4-6 OT/TLJ/SOLO repacks across 2-3 waves.   Someone go ahead and queue up some R.E.M. for me.  :(

--- End quote ---

I'm in for as much 3.75" as they want to make, but I passed on 6" because it seemed absurd to start over, and I'm not going to start buying a 5" scale either.

The idea of having like 5 or 10 or even fewer figures to represent an entire film in the collection seems completely wrong.

I suppose at this age and after 23 years of this, I'm okay either way.  I enjoy this hobby, but if they want to walk it back and make it far less expensive to keep up with, so be it.

Nicklab:
This sounds like it might have some truth to it.  Hasbro has the Marvel license and they went in this direction with the Marvel characters.  It seems like 3.75" figures have been fairly well phased out in that line.  There's the 6" Marvel Legends line and the somewhat smaller Avengers and Black Panther lines that are somewhat lower quality.  I think those *MIGHT* be 5" figures.

I could see the potential for Hasbro to try taking Star Wars in this direction.  But if they do, I want to see is Hasbro take the Vintage Collection seriously and not like some sort of special offering that only comes out a few times a year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version