Community > JD Sports Forum!

NFL Offseason 2012

<< < (2/17) > >>

Qui-Gon Jim:
Manning is a huge risk-reward case, probably the biggest one ever.  It pains me as a Pats fan to say it, but the guy is elite, and an instant game-changer.  If he is healthy. 

I think Indy made the right move, though I am not sure why the league never investigated their obvious tanking to get the top pick.

I think Manning ends up in Miami.

McMetal:

--- Quote from: EdSolo on March  9, 2012, 08:07 AM ---You have to wonder if he is really worth it at this point.  Isn't he 36?  I think his price tag would cause salary cap issues for a lot of teams.  I'm sure the Redskin's fantasy football team captain owner will make a play at him, but I doubt Peyton wants to play in a colder climate or face his little brother twice a year.  I'm still hoping that the Skins trade up in the draft and pick a young QB.  Synder still hasn't learned his lesson about buying big name players though.

--- End quote ---

Apparently he has already told the 'Skins he is not interested in joining the team, so we can both breathe easier tonight. I guess he was not keen on facing Eli twice a year plus he seems to want to stay in the AFC. Crisis averted.

McMetal:
Nice news to wake up to...Skins trade the house for rights to snag RGIII next month.  :o

It only cost:
2012 First Round pick
2012 Second Round pick
2013 First Round pick
2014 First Round pick

Yikes. I definitely think they overpaid, but I also think it's the right move and one they had to make. Cleveland was essentially offering the same deal, only they came late and apparently balked at trading both their first round picks this year, and Skins had a higher second to offer. It was really close though.

It just makes sense. The Shan Clan was obviously not overly wowed by the second-tier talent at the senior bowl/combine. RGIII fits their mold perfectly, great arm, mobile, athlectic, etc. And he's as dangerous above the neck as below. You can't argue the choice. Seems like a solid character guy as well.

They weren't going to make any strides with the current group of QB's they had, and with Peyton out and Flynn apparently not in the running, they only had the draft as their best option. This is probably the one year they could afford fewer picks as well, being so far under the cap will allow them to fill more holes with free agency.

And let's face it, the team was not going to make a real run this year anyway, but the fanbase will be a helluva lot more patient with RGIII in the fold than they would have been with anyone else in there short of Manning. This buys Shanny and company more time if nothing else.

It's a QB league, and if you don't have one of the few elite guys, you're just treading water. When you have a chance to get a guy of that caliber, you have to take it. I just hope they can build up enough of a team around him quickly enough to facilitate his success.

Go Skins~

Scott:
That makes the win the Vikings had in Week 15 against the Skins all the more painful...ugh, losing AP and 3 first round picks, brilliant!

GrandMoffNick:

--- Quote from: Scott on March 10, 2012, 05:03 PM ---That makes the win the Vikings had in Week 15 against the Skins all the more painful...ugh, losing AP and 3 first round picks, brilliant!

--- End quote ---

I'd have appreciated it if you hadn't pointed this out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version