Author Topic: NFL Offseason 2012  (Read 23607 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Offseason 2012
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 11:19 AM »
I saw the bodybuilding photos... that guy is an injury waiting to happen.  Last I read the Patriots were bringing him in for a visit.

Not a hint of steroids or other banned performance enhancing drugs.  Why would you even think such a thing?  Clean as a whistle.  Definitely.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 11:27 AM »
Yep, LL is freaky swoll up, but he's a Jet now, so he's their problem.

I always liked him on the Skins, even when he was no-showing autograph signings or getting trucked by Brandon Jacobs, but you can't be throwing big money at a guy that cannot stay on the field.

RE: Tebow, sounds like it's down to the Jags or Jets. I don't think either of those are a great fit, but I'm sure one of them will take a chance. (Though I seriously doubt they can wrangle a 3rd Round pick for him as has been discussed)

I guess Rex and new OC Sparano love the wildcat, so he works for that. That locker room is a mess though, and NY is a mighty bright spotlight.

Jax is home turf but it sounds like it's the owner who really wants him, not the football guys, so that doesn't bode well. Plus they JUST drafted Gabbert last year, way too early to start closing the book on him.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 02:48 PM »
I just read that Sean Payton is suspended a year, Saints GM suspended 8 games, Rams DC Greg Williams suspended INDEFINITELY.

Saints lose 2 2nd round draft picks and are fined $500k

Holy ****.

Assistant Coach Joe Vitt suspended 6 games.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7718136/sean-payton-new-orleans-saints-banned-one-year-bounties

27 players are involved too - their punishment is still under review.

The Saints are ******.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:55 PM by Rob »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 03:02 PM »
Wow.  I thought they were just going to get their hand slapped for this, but nice to see the league taking it seriously.  Supensions for the coach and GM, losing Williams (forever?), and losing a draft pick each of the next two years?  OUCH.

Looks like Tebow is headed to the Jets per CNN:

"The New York Jets announced Wednesday that they have agreed on a trade with the Denver Broncos for quarterback Tim Tebow, who was displaced in Denver by superstar Peyton Manning.  The Jets have agreed in principle to the trade, the team said on its Facebook page. "
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 03:10 PM »
They deserve every ounce of it IMO.  Bonuses for injuring opponents is as despicable as it gets.

It's a shame that the Rams are sort of getting ****** too though since Williams was their DC now, but I don't see a way around that.

As for Tebow... that's going to be a circus.  NY already hates Sanchez, and Tebow is the guy that every fan wants replacing a ****** starter (see:  Kyle Orton).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 03:50 PM »
3rded.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 04:41 PM »
They should take away their ******* Super Bowl victory and give it to the Vikings...******* dirty bastards

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 06:15 PM »
They should take away their ******* Super Bowl victory and give it to the Vikings...******* dirty bastards

I think the Colts would have something to say about that.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 06:43 PM »
I guarantee the Vikes would have won that :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 06:56 PM »
I think it's pretty likely that the Saints were not the only team offering bounties.  Greg Williams had a history of doing this sort of thing when he was coaching other teams, too.  It definitely bears further examination by the NFL.  And considering how hard they just came down on the Saints, you've got to think that the NFL is going to launch a league-wide investigation.

As for Tim Tebow going to the Jets?  Talk about the potential for personality conflicts between the brash, in your face style of Rex Ryan and choirboy Tim Tebow.  I think Jets fans would have much rather gotten Peyton Manning given the choice.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 08:07 PM »
As for Tim Tebow going to the Jets?  Talk about the potential for personality conflicts between the brash, in your face style of Rex Ryan and choirboy Tim Tebow.  I think Jets fans would have much rather gotten Peyton Manning given the choice.

Well, the whole thing is on hold now anyway... Jags and Rams reportedly involved now too.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 08:36 PM »
Schefter just wrote:

Tim Tebow is being allowed to pick the team he wants to go to. He picks the trade. Jets or Jacksonville.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 09:52 PM »
That bounty stuff does not bother me at all...that stuff has been going on for years, football is a violent, brutal game, and I don't have a problem with a guy trying to knock someone out of the game. You should be doing that on every play anyway without any financial incentives IMO.

I understand why they had to come down hard from a legal and liability standpoint, but it smacks of hypocrisy to me.

How exactly do you ban a coach for a year though? He can't have any contact with the team? That seems impossible to enforce. 
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 10:06 PM »
So does James Harrison get a bounty, or does he just do it for free?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:16 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2012, 11:10 PM »
James Harrison just likes the taste of blood.