Author Topic: 2012 TRU Ewok and Rebel Pilot Multipacks  (Read 82463 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Ewok and Rebel Pilot Multipacks
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2012, 09:06 PM »
At the time that POTJ Teebo WAS an amazing figure.  It was a major step forward in how Hasbro was approaching Ewoks.  IIRC it was the first Ewok that gave us articulated wrists.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2012, 09:58 PM »
This new Teebo actually looks like the on screen character, which is nice. POTJ Teebo is a really nice figure as has been said, but he's a bit too pudgey and has a full hood instead of just the head peice, so I'll be looking forward to this one, and see no need to replace POTJ Teebo on my shelf either since they appear to be distinct enough from each other that he can pass as a different Ewok. I don't mind him being a bit bigger than the others either, Just as there are some above average humans, I'm sure there's a couple above average Ewoks.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2012, 08:58 AM »

These Ewoks look great - so pumped for this set.  Kneesa looks cute like she was in the cartoon which translated into realistic very well.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 08:55 AM »
LOL, Hasbro and their Cease and Desist nonsense.

You can't unring that bell now, dinguses. Once it's on the Internets, it's there forever!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 09:14 AM »
I saved the images to my desktop   ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2012, 09:19 AM »
That is the first time in recent memory that Hasbro has sent out C&Ds for SW though...I've heard there has been a regime change on the SW brand and this is probably a good sign of things to come :-\

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2012, 09:59 AM »
Yeah, I do not remeber the last time this happened either. What's funny is that the images been around since TF so it's not like the cat did not leave the bag already. While it was no the package art it's not like most fans who scour the boards did not see these. I am thinking these are TRU exclusives.

I did not hear of the shake up but I will try and get some intel from a friendly source of mine.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2012, 10:14 AM »
If Hasbro can give us 5 Ewoks in a BP, then they should of given us 5 droids in the Royal Starship pack, and thrown R2-M5 in there as well.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2012, 12:08 PM »
These won't be battle packs (which are now 3 figures), they'll be "milk the collectors" packs like Battle of Endor pilots, Republic Commandos and Force Unleashed. I wouldn't be surprised by a $35 to $40 price tag on these sets.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2012, 12:12 PM »
Yeah, sort of strange that Hasbro is all that upset about these leaking.  In the past it hasn't seemed like much of a problem, aside from when it was something big (like the BMF Falcon) or an upcoming movie line or something.  I wonder if we'll have to wait all the way until SDCC for confirmation/better pics of these sets.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2012, 12:51 PM »
That is the first time in recent memory that Hasbro has sent out C&Ds for SW though...I've heard there has been a regime change on the SW brand and this is probably a good sign of things to come :-\

Really?  I know there was the news about the layoffs in Pawtucket.  And I also know that the brand manager had been promoted to the VP level within the past year or two.  But this is news to me.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2012, 01:08 PM »
These won't be battle packs (which are now 3 figures), they'll be "milk the collectors" packs like Battle of Endor pilots, Republic Commandos and Force Unleashed. I wouldn't be surprised by a $35 to $40 price tag on these sets.

And I'll gladly pay $40 for some awesome figures.  I would prefer to see the price go up than to see Hasbro start chintzing out on articulation, like what they are doing in their "childrens' lines" (i.e., The Clone Wars and Movie Heroes).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:09 PM by MasterFisto »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2012, 02:18 PM »
And I'll gladly pay $40 for some awesome figures.  I would prefer to see the price go up than to see Hasbro start chintzing out on articulation, like what they are doing in their "childrens' lines" (i.e., The Clone Wars and Movie Heroes).

I actually agree with this sentiment.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2012, 02:36 PM »
I'll pay too for all new characters and a good mix of resculpts like both of these are...I agree that the inclusion of Jek's droid is a little dissapointing as it is more or less R5-D4.  Hopefully they will paint the back panels red :P

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:29 PM by Scott »

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2012, 03:01 PM »

I actually agree with this sentiment.

Me three.  I'll shell out for a Kneesa.  As long as I can buy a set of figures and instantly be able to tell these aren't very similar to what I've already bought, like a TIE Pilot, I'm all smiles.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News