Author Topic: G.I. Joe Convention 2012  (Read 14094 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Convention 2012
« Reply #45 on: July 2, 2012, 08:36 PM »
No, but at this point I think that Hasbro has to try anything they can to get people, especiaklly kids, outside the collector community involed in the brand.  If their version of Squinkies is the way to do it, good for them.

I'd like to know if Hasbro mentioned anything about the 12" line coming back?  The $20 line seemed to sell really well here and I'd love to know if Hasbro considered it a good enough of a seller that they'll see about bringing it back inbetween movies (if there's a 3rd).  They don't have to have movie liknesses to do the firefighter and cop type figures.  And, of course, I'd love to see some smallish AT themed sets.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 2, 2012, 09:00 PM »
I've been looking at some of the pics from the convention, and there is some pretty neat stuff there.  I wasn't entirely clear, but is there basically nothing new coming out from now until next March(ish)?  Unless this delay really ends up making this movie awesome, and the toy line benefits, I'm curious what the future for Joes holds at this point.  I guess we can (and do) say this about almost any action figure line lately, but I don't know how much kids care about Joes really these days and if they aren't going to release "classic" characters and stick to zombie/movie/etc. stuff, collectors/adults may lose interest too.  Too early to say of course, but this whole movie delay really gums up the works for this line.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 7, 2012, 10:28 PM »
I have the bagged October Guard and 4 iron Grenadiers  available for sale. 

It is the iron grenadiers with the long coats  (red and black coats 3 of each) and the original Oktober Guard  ( no Iron Bear).

If anybody has an interest let me know. I'll trade, but I prefer selling.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2012, 11:54 AM »
Did anyone get any of the IDW GI Joe: A Real American Hero #180 variant covers (there were two)?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2012, 11:38 PM »
The Club just announced a second run of the Operation: Bear Trap set. Thinking about getting it, but $360 plus shipping... :P
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2012, 01:18 AM »
I think that's an interesting turn of events.  I don't believe they've ever done that before. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"