Author Topic: JediJman's Month o' Vintage  (Read 52645 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: JediJman's Month o' Vintage
« Reply #30 on: May 4, 2012, 01:11 AM »
Well, I'm outta goons.  Time to hire some bounty hunters.  Thursday's post is dedicated to Boushh and Greedo.  I always thought Boushh was a pretty ballsy character in the movies, which is a little ironic given that hottie Leia was actually underneath that armor.  This rendition of Leia as Boushh is on a very nice card with the punch tab still partially attached.  Is this considered punched or unpunched? Partialpunched?  The card is nice and clean, though it has a little bit of a bend to it.  Bubble has started to yellow a little, but has no dings in it.  Greedo was one of my favorite figures as a kid, so I'm really excited to add this one to the collection.  Nice, flat card and clear bubble, though Greedo the figure seems to be eyeing up Greedo the picture for some reason.  I did not realize that Greedo came packed holding his blaster either.  Interesting note - this was not part of the original purchase.  As the seller was packing up the figures, he came across this extra one and included it for free.   8)

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ZevZev

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 4, 2012, 02:15 AM »
Still enjoying these. The GG was my favorite when I was a kid. Hope to find some modern ones soon.

On a lark, I went to the u.s. Bureau of labor statistics inflation calculator (http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm) and input the values of 2.79 and 3.79 from 1983. $2.79 = $6.43 and $3.79 = $8.73.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 4, 2012, 08:23 AM »
Hmmnn.  So, we're paying exactly what we should these days, eh?   :-\
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 4, 2012, 08:44 AM »
Those are 2 of my faves, Justin.  Glad to see them.  I would definitely love a vintage style Greedo in the modern Vintage card!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 7, 2012, 11:34 AM »
Hey All.  Had to take a break from the posts this weekend to celebrate my 10th Wedding Anniversary.  Back at it today and in honor of the event, I'm dedicating Monday to Han Solo Bespin Outfit and Princess Leia Organa Bespin Gown.  Han is about as charasmatic as they get on this mostly error free unpunched card.  There is a small bend on the bottom right of the card and a crease up near the peg hole, but otherwise no visible errors.  Bubble is nice and clear - just a hint of yellowing starting to form.  Gun is still taped to the side -pretty happy with this one.  Leia is also in good form, with a similar Target price tag, taped gun, and bend on the bottom right to show she's a perfect match for Han.  There's a little shelf wear and it is unpunched, but the bubble is minty clear to make up for it. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 7, 2012, 12:53 PM »
Awesome! Are you going to send this to Sara for 'awww' factor bonus points?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 7, 2012, 04:52 PM »
I don't think she would have the same appreciation for them.  We did have Han and Leia cake toppers at our wedding though.  I used the figures from the POTF2 Princess Leia collection.

Offline SWJACK

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 8, 2012, 02:39 AM »
You really did well with this haul. 
"I thought about leaving it in the hot sun to see if it burns away"  it is mould so a bit of sun should clear up Lando's frosty legs.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 8, 2012, 07:44 AM »
You really did well with this haul. 
"I thought about leaving it in the hot sun to see if it burns away"  it is mould so a bit of sun should clear up Lando's frosty legs.

Thanks for the tip!  If we ever get some sunshine I'm going to try that.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 8, 2012, 08:24 AM »
I don't think she would have the same appreciation for them.  We did have Han and Leia cake toppers at our wedding though.  I used the figures from the POTF2 Princess Leia collection.

We used the same Leia and a Vintage Han. One of my wife's bridesmaids was horrified. B$t*h.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 8, 2012, 10:45 AM »
You guys are lucky... and Ryan had the Imperial March played at his reception. Jay had Vader show up.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 8, 2012, 06:09 PM »
Anniversary Week continues with another Han & Leia set: The Rough Years.  Tuesday's feature includes Han Solo Hoth Battle Gear and Princess Leia Organa Hoth Outfit .  Somehow his hooded coat with ascott is considered battle gear, but Leia's winter duds are just fashionable. Han comes on a nice unpunched Target card, similar to several others in the collection.  The bubble is starting to yellow a bit and has been crushed at the top.  My guess is that he used the old "I'm out saving Luke's butt" excuse one too many times with Leia.  Just wait until you have kids, Han!  The bubble damage is a shame given how nice the rest of the card is.  Leia's in a surprisingly similar condition, with a partial punched card and a little corner bend on the bottom right.  Her bubble crunch is more likely driven by that crazy braid/perm defying the laws of physics, causing the bubble to partially implode upon itself.  Nice clear bubble with the gun still attached - makes you wish for some kind of bubble-un-crunching device.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2012, 12:17 AM »
Wednesday's feature is yet another Han & Leia combo.  Behold Han Solo in Trench Coat and Princess Leia Organa in Combat Poncho .  Han is on a slick Kay-Bee card with the mail away Anakin offer.  Nice to see a few of these as a fond reminder of the old POP mail-aways.  The bubble is a little yellow, but otherwise solid with Han's blaster still attached.  Leia is once again a nice fit with similar card condition and the Kay Bee price tag.  The figure and helmet bubble are in really nice, clear condition without any blemishes.  Drastically different set of figures versus yesterday.  Leia does have a little more shelf wear and a crease near the peg hole, but otherwise fantastic shape.  I love the look of these old soft goods figures.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2012, 08:00 AM »
Sweet posts, Justin.  Those are probably worth the money right there with the KB price tags.  Now that KB is no more, those are collector's items.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2012, 11:01 AM »
I've forgotten how Leia's helmet is in a completely separate bubble. I wonder why Kenner did that. Very pretty cards.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours