Author Topic: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory  (Read 181919 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory
« Reply #270 on: January 31, 2015, 12:13 PM »
Prices when up on the black series stuff at Disneyland. 3" are $15.95 while 6" are $26.95. They have a lot of Yoda and that droid. 6" is mostly Han, Greedo and slave Leia.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 31, 2015, 02:01 PM »
It's only in park at the Star Trader. Also Disney just raised the price this week to one for $12.95. 3 for $19.95.

One for $13, but two additions are $3.50 each?  Weird.  Do they have a 3-pack package for that option?  I can't remember what the clam shells look like.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 31, 2015, 03:02 PM »
How much for measles?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 1, 2015, 11:41 AM »
They have a two pack clam case and one pack case. Measles are sold out but you can get an extreme case of gas from the Churros.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #274 on: February 2, 2015, 01:15 AM »
The 3 for $20 deal is a steal...  Build 2 more for the sake of the discount.  I'm guessing too many were just doing one and they're trying to move volumes of parts? 

Maybe they are indeed going to phase this out?  I hope not (not that it should matter to me, as I don't go to either park really).  I dig them and think it's a neat, unique experience for people who do go.

I really wish I had a 2nd Starspeeder "playset" (of which the one I do have, is among my fav pieces!).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 2, 2015, 09:36 AM »
The table is always full of people building them but how many people actually buy one is probably pretty low. I do see a lot of kids running around with the build your own lightsabers instead. They are usually hitting people as they have sword fights in the walkways.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 10, 2015, 09:08 AM »
Prices on the build a droid at Disneyland have gone back up again. A single figure is $12.95 while a double pack is $21.95. There is no buy two get one free anymore.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #277 on: April 10, 2015, 09:45 AM »
Somehow, Disney ending the sale right before thousands of Star Wars fans show up at Disneyland for Celebration Anaheim does not really surprise me...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 10, 2015, 10:02 AM »
I'm thinking about driving out there this Christmas when I'm back in Tampa for the holidays.  Is it reasonable to expect the build a droid to still be a thing at that point?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 10, 2015, 10:54 AM »
I'm thinking about driving out there this Christmas when I'm back in Tampa for the holidays.  Is it reasonable to expect the build a droid to still be a thing at that point?

I would think so. The space at Tatooine Traders is pretty much smack-dab in the middle of the store, so they'd seriously have to renovate to get rid of it.

Your best/better bet is to head to Once Upon a Toy at Downtown Disney, they have a four-person build station that's pretty much right in the middle of all the Star Wars merchandise. Also, they have attendants who are more than willing to go into the stockroom and locate any parts that might not be out on the floor for you. That was my experience last year, I will be back there in June for the final Star Wars weekend, I'll update this thread if my experience is any different.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 10, 2015, 11:21 AM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #281 on: April 10, 2015, 02:10 PM »
Price bump?

None of the parts look new to me...  Or am I not seeing something there Phruby?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 10, 2015, 03:11 PM »
I would think so. The space at Tatooine Traders is pretty much smack-dab in the middle of the store, so they'd seriously have to renovate to get rid of it.

Your best/better bet is to head to Once Upon a Toy at Downtown Disney, they have a four-person build station that's pretty much right in the middle of all the Star Wars merchandise. Also, they have attendants who are more than willing to go into the stockroom and locate any parts that might not be out on the floor for you. That was my experience last year, I will be back there in June for the final Star Wars weekend, I'll update this thread if my experience is any different.

Okay, thanks.  I think I need to start saving my pennies... I'm hoping to put together one droid of each distinct color scheme / pattern - if that's even an easy thing to sort through and figure out.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 10, 2015, 07:50 PM »
Okay, thanks.  I think I need to start saving my pennies... I'm hoping to put together one droid of each distinct color scheme / pattern - if that's even an easy thing to sort through and figure out.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by pattern, if by making sure you want to have at least one of each unique dome, then you'll need 25 total.

On this same thread, almost 2 years ago, I posted pics of the droids I had at that time -the pics in that post should give you an idea of the different colors available - http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=22364.msg547182#msg547182

And then in January of 2014, I went to Disney for a week and bought 7 more designs - http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=22364.msg568228#msg568228

Here would be my recommendations if you're looking to do at least one of each droid type & color: (everything listed below is in the pictures of both posts except for the all-black & silver R6, and the R3 with Purple Highlights on the dome)

R2s:
Silver Dome w/Blue Highlights, White w/Blue Highlights R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg
Silver Dome w/Yellow Highlights, White w/Yellow Highlights R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg
Silver Dome w/Red Highlights, White w/Red Highlights R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg
Silver Dome w/Green Highlights, White w/Green Highlights R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg
Red Dome w/Silver Highlights, Blue R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, Blue Middle Leg

R3s:
Clear Dome w/Purple Highlights, White w/Black Highlights R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg
Clear Dome w/Red Highlights, Red R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, Red Middle Leg

R4s:
Green Dome w/White Highlights, Green R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, Green Middle Leg
White Dome w/Blue Highlights, White w/Blue Highlights R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg
White Dome w/Purple Highlights, White w/Purple Highlights R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg

R5s:
White Dome w/Green Highlights, White w/Green Highlights R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg
White Dome w/Red Highlights, White w/Red Highlights R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg
Black Dome w/Silver Highlights, Black R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, Black Middle Leg

R6s:
White Dome w/Purple Highlights, White w/Purple Highlights R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg
White Dome w/Yellow Highlights, White w/Yellow Highlights R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg
Black Dome w/Silver Highlights, Black R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, Black Middle Leg

R7s:
Black Dome w/Silver Highlights, White w/Black Highlights R7/8 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg
Silver Dome w/Blue Highlights, White w/Blue Highlights R7/8 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg
Yellow Dome w/Silver Highlights, White w/Yellow Highlights R7/8 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg

R8s:
White Dome w/Black Highlights, White w/Black Highlights R7/8 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg
Blue Dome w/Silver Highlights, White w/Blue Highlights R7/8 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg
White Dome w/Yellow Highlights, White w/Yellow Highlights R7/8 Body & Legs, White Middle Leg

R9s:
Blue Dome w/Silver Highlights, Blue R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, Blue Middle Leg
Red Dome w/Silver Highlights, Red R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, Red Middle Leg
Green Dome w/Silver Highlights, Green R2/3/4/5/6/9 Body & Legs, Green Middle Leg

If you get those 25, that will net you a complete set of domes with at least ONE of each part.

The sole reason why I recommended putting the R3 w/Purple Highlights dome on a white w/Black Highlights R2/3/4/5/6/9 body was so that you would have at least ONE of that body/trunk part in your set that is white w/black highlights.

If you want to see what those two would look like OR if you want me to cobble together any color combinations I haven't photographed, just so you could see how it would look, let me know, I would be happy to do so.

Lastly, as I mentioned in my post from back in January 2014, these parts where MIA at the Once Upon a Toy store:
Silver w/Blue R2 Dome
Silver w/Red R2 Dome
Purple R3 Dome
White w/Blue R4 Dome
Silver w/Blue R7 Dome
Blue w/Silver R8 Dome
Blue/White R7/R8 Trunk

Since I will be going during the final Star Wars weekend this year, my expectations for a wide array of parts is minimal, but like I said in my earlier post, I will take a quick inventory of parts while I'm there and post what I found.

If you have any questions, let me know.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 10, 2015, 08:35 PM »
Yeah, I hadn't gotten into it yet to figure it out, but I'd assumed I'd go with one of each torso - but one of each dome makes more sense.

This thing is a great idea for kids, but a total cluster **** for collectors. 

Thanks for all that info, I'll dig through it in a little bit.  But at a glance, if it's $21.95 for two figures, and I'd need to do that at least 12.5 times to get one with each dome, I'm looking at about $300 with tax... I'm going to have a really hard time justifying that.  I briefly saw Scott post in the thread you linked to that he's going with only new domes... how many of those are there?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 08:46 PM by Rob »