Author Topic: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory  (Read 182800 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory
« Reply #330 on: May 11, 2015, 01:35 PM »
Not at all what I wanted to hear.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 11, 2015, 08:26 PM »
Not at all what I wanted to hear.   :-\

Me either.

So basically this Wave 2 set is just a temporary selection until Wave 3 droids come out? After sitting on Wave 1 for three years, Wave 2 is going to be here and gone in a matter of months?!?

If that's the case, I may have to reconsider even trying to be a completist on these things.

Hopefully she was/is mistaken...  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #332 on: May 11, 2015, 09:05 PM »
Have a friend at SWW, so we'll see...  Not so sure I'm biting on all that, but we'll see I guess.  I got the main 3 I was interested in, which is awesome, but a 3rd wave that fast would be mind-numbing.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 12, 2015, 11:08 AM »
It's official.  This Disney build a droid line is going to be the thing that after 20 years of collecting, turns my collection into something that's not complete.  I could barely fathom the idea of getting out there and spending hundreds of dollars trying to assemble them all, now they are going to have a ton more, some of which will have brief availability before yet another series of them comes out - presumably this will continue for years to come.

I'm going to stop concerning myself with these things.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:09 AM by Rob »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #334 on: May 12, 2015, 01:15 PM »
If it makes you feel better Rob, Wave 2 is technically NOT a Hasbro product.  Sure, Disney took inspiration from the old Hasbro parts, but these new Wave 2 toolings (bodies, legs, hats) are all Disney at this point - there is now Hasbro copyright on them. 

I gave up on these long ago.  I'd buy a "one of each part" set if they ever made it, but I'm not going to let not having them bug me too much.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 12, 2015, 04:04 PM »
I only want them if they are an actual character. Like Goldie and Mace's droid from the latest series (I already had the red droid from the yavin pack)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #336 on: May 12, 2015, 09:14 PM »
I was fortunate to have a friend who goes to WDW like I go to the store, so he became my droid drug mule kinda.  :-\

Hoping to do similar with wave 2, though I'm kinda hoping this rumor about a 3rd wave is false, or at least the details are, haha.  It'd be tough to track down those.  My friends who went to CA did pick up 3 of the Wave 2 droids for me though and they're the ones I wanted the most at least.

I'm hoping to get the rest though, or most of the rest at least...  A few of those are kind of redundant decos.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 13, 2015, 01:53 PM »
I'm willing to be your droid drug mule for anything on the west coast Disneyland.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 13, 2015, 05:05 PM »
If it makes you feel better Rob, Wave 2 is technically NOT a Hasbro product.  Sure, Disney took inspiration from the old Hasbro parts, but these new Wave 2 toolings (bodies, legs, hats) are all Disney at this point - there is now Hasbro copyright on them. 

I gave up on these long ago.  I'd buy a "one of each part" set if they ever made it, but I'm not going to let not having them bug me too much.

I suppose a little bit... i'm going back to florida for Christmas and might head over to the Lego thing in Orlando with the nieces and nephews.  If I do, I'll probably swing by and see what's what and maybe pick up some of these - depends how rich I'm feeling when I get there.  But I'm done worrying about whether I eventually get them or not.  Too much hassle, too expensive.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #339 on: May 14, 2015, 01:32 AM »
That's appreciated Phruby, as I know I want that Disneyland droid that may be a bear to get any other way.  R2-D60.  I'm addicted to their droids though.  Just got R2-MK (Mr. Mackey's droid, clearly) from China the other day, and am pleased to have that snazzy deco mixed in on my shelf.

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 14, 2015, 05:44 PM »
Has anyone seen the new disney build a droids? Ahsoka's droid finally! Phurby, I may be a pain again and ask if you'd be kind enough to pick me that one up when it hits.

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 14, 2015, 05:46 PM »
I couldn't post the pic but here is the rebelscum poster who showed the pic http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1079148-123/

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 14, 2015, 06:38 PM »
I just saw pictures that the new droids are out at Disneyland! Looks like a baseball hat, top hat and sorcerer's hat.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #343 on: May 14, 2015, 06:43 PM »
Ugh.  Good lord.

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 14, 2015, 06:45 PM »
And with that wallets just became lighter