Author Topic: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory  (Read 182547 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Exclusive Build-A-Droid Factory
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2012, 02:32 PM »
personal connection (you can create a unique figure that you can name).

but really I am sure he meant to say:

We knew we could milk Star Wars fans of all their money by going this route.

Exactly! Stupid Hasbro.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 03:08 PM by Jeff »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2012, 03:01 PM »
Pete, I don't know if there's a limit to how many of these you can buy, but if it were unlimited and you did all the driving/purchasing, etc., I'm sure people wouldn't mind paying extra to off-set your costs in order to get these.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2012, 03:11 PM »
Pete, I don't know if there's a limit to how many of these you can buy, but if it were unlimited and you did all the driving/purchasing, etc., I'm sure people wouldn't mind paying extra to off-set your costs in order to get these.

Maybe, that is an idea...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2012, 03:14 PM »
don't forget to include the cost of a therapist into your numbers...  I imagine it would be crazy plus sooooo time consuming attempting to build them all with so many people around

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2012, 03:16 PM »
Didn't Smash repost that these will only be available in CA (initially) ?  That'd be a long drive.  I loves me droids but no way i'd want all of em.  Maybe just a few if the opportunity ever presents itself.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2012, 04:04 PM »
Plus, I think you'd have to get a membership to the gym in order to carry all those sets on your back.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2012, 04:19 PM »
I typo a lot
and tend to use coarse language
so gimme a sec to get this post just right, tellin ya how I feel about these disney exclusive ( well anything really but) build a droids in particular, especially coming from a now former astromech completests....

( clears throat.....breathes deep)

EFF THIS ESS RIGHT IN ITS AYE

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2012, 04:21 PM »
don't forget to include the cost of a therapist into your numbers...  I imagine it would be crazy plus sooooo time consuming attempting to build them all with so many people around

If you got a list with each part identified of what you want to build, and just check it all off, I'm sure it would be manageable. Remember, if you go, and time it during the week, and before May ends, I'm not sure it would be all THAT bad, even if it took all day, the only thing I'd want to do before I leave is check out the new Star Tours, other than that, there's nothing there that would be of any interest to me...

I've really forgotten to mention the biggest obstacle - the wife.  :-X

Hehe
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2012, 05:05 PM »
the wife really is the biggest obstacle  :'(, but cheaper way might be to find people on the boards, in the area, that might be willing to pick them up for you and ship it out.  Not sure what the etiquette is for helping a fellow collector out on something like this is, especially considering the price for all those parts.  I personally hope these come out to CA and won't soley be a FL Diseney thing, Star Trader has been good luck for me at times.  Able to score the only TVC Maul I've seen on pegs there, and with AP discount wound up being regular price. 
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2012, 06:19 PM »
It's just too bad that they can't sell these at Disney stores.  It would fit in with the Marvel stuff (I know Disney owns that).

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2012, 07:45 PM »
This is shaping up to be a big steaming dump ontop of the heads of astro-mech fans and completists.

I'm glad I'm neither.

But I feel bad for you guys. My GI JOE collecting never recovered from the existence of Convention exclusives with an attendee bonuses. And that stuff seems easy compared to a theme park store exclusives with possible variations.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2012, 08:43 PM »
Yeah, this would be way to much of a pain for what it is.  I like astromech droids but not that much. 

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Okay, if anyone is going to be heading down for these, I'm in for probably at least half of them + a reasonable markup & shipping.  I'm in the southwest, and while I hit Disneyland in California probably once a year, Florida just isn't happening.  They've really gotta consider bagging up a selection for bulk phone orders! 

Also, the picture shown is not really adding up with the 71 parts/25 domes numbers that have been going around.  There's 23 domes there, but only about 50 total parts.  Kind of an odd breakdown. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2012, 10:56 PM »
Well - I am still shocked - but the wife was okay with this AND she let me cash in AMEX rewards points to make it so I'm flying down there Saturday morning this weekend, staying at the Disney Swan w/access to the park 1hr early on Sunday morning and flying back late Sunday night - the hotel and airfare is costing me a little over $310 after my points are spent...

So I'm going to do my best to score two complete sets for myself, a set for Captain Piet and extra R6s, R8s and R9s.

Here's hoping that 1. there aren't any limits and 2. there aren't any shortages of parts by mid-day Saturday....

>:D
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2012, 01:22 AM »
Also, the picture shown is not really adding up with the 71 parts/25 domes numbers that have been going around.  There's 23 domes there, but only about 50 total parts.  Kind of an odd breakdown.

Actually between the group photo and the two packaged samples, I have been able to account for all 71 pieces...

25 Domes
10 - R2 Trunks
3 - R7 Trunks
10 - Right Legs
10 - Left Legs
5 - Middle Legs
8 - Funny Hats - Mouse Ears (red, green, blue & black), Yoda Ears Hat, Pirate Hat, Fedora, Goofy Hat

Peter