Author Topic: Gentle Giant Jumbo Blue Snaggletooth  (Read 19936 times)

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Jumbo Blue Snaggletooth
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 12:38 AM »
I know you typed "NM", but for the record, they charged me shipping on my order, so I'm pretty sure they're mailing these orders out, and there's no need to go to the CON. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:38 AM by Sir Real »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 09:27 AM »
I know you typed "NM", but for the record, they charged me shipping on my order, so I'm pretty sure they're mailing these orders out, and there's no need to go to the CON.

Yeah, that was my clue too.  When I originally went there I only saw one  Blue Snags listing and it didn't have a purchase option, so I figured you had to reserve and get it at the show or something.  But once I logged in there was a second Blue Snags listed that you can just buy.  It says it will be shipped after the con.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2012, 03:01 PM »

I signed up a month or so ago.  Your membership is manually processed, so should happen sometime on Monday and you should be all set.

As I understand, you would need to be present at SDCC to order one of these, right?  I have the membership, but not going to the Con - can I still get one?   :-\

*EDIT* NM - just placed my order.   8)

Thanks for the info guys.  I sure hope they intialize my membership before the blue Snaggletooth pre-order sells out.  Hard to believe it has to be setup manually.

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2012, 04:34 PM »
If I were you, to be sure, I'd send an email to "customerservice@gentlegiantstudios.com" right now, and let them know you just bought a Premier Guild membership, and want to preorder the SDCC Jumbo Blue Snaggletooth.  And ask them to email you as soon as you are eligible to make that purchase as well.

Might not make any difference, but then again, it couldn't hurt either.

Also, I know I mentioned this before, but make sure you get that free one time promotional code (in email) to get your free gift for signing up.  And one of those is the Jumbo Gamm. Guard. 

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2012, 04:36 PM »
If I were you, to be sure, I'd send an email to "customerservice@gentlegiantstudios.com" right now, and let them know you just bought a Premier Guild membership, and want to preorder the SDCC Jumbo Blue Snaggletooth.  And ask them to email you as soon as you are eligible to make that purchase as well.

Might not make any difference, but then again, it couldn't hurt either.

Also, I know I mentioned this before, but make sure you get that free one time promotional code (in email) to get your free gift for signing up.  And one of those is the Jumbo Gamm. Guard. 

I emailed them yesterday.  They'll probably be manually emailing a lot of people tomorrow.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2012, 05:06 PM »
I don't know about anyone else, but I actually prefer the narrow cards to the full size replica cardbacks.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2012, 09:56 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2012, 05:57 PM »
I'm just glad that he comes on any card, since the original figure was a mailaway, I don't think that one was carded at all.  So, now Jumbo Blue can hang on my wall like everyone else.  :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2012, 08:58 AM »
I know know about anyone else, but I actually prefer the narrow cards to the full size replica cardbacks.

I'm with you Jay.  The usual cards are so big that I can't even display them, so I end up taking them out of the package.  Blue Snags is tight enough that I might leave him sealed.  I hope they still use the resealable packaging.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2012, 04:33 PM »
...  I hope they still use the resealable packaging.
It's the same as the others, just not as wide.  You can see in that video when they open the figure.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2012, 02:16 PM »
I managed to get my order in for the blue Snaggletooth.  I'm glad I preordered it early because it looks like they sold out of the preorders.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2012, 09:13 PM »
Preview night 6:03 I get a phone call from a Friend and he said he has my Blue snag in his hand, Must be nice to have a Exhibitor badge. I'm glad I gave him the cash before he headed down there.Got to meet him later to pick it up.
He's no good to me open

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2012, 10:57 AM »
Here is a cool Jumbo Kenner figure display at SDCC

Where in the hell is Greedo?!  I thought he was originally due in Feb of this year, now he's not even in their display with upcoming figures?  What gives?

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2012, 07:26 AM »
He's there, right behind Walrusman.

Here's another shot of the display from AFI:

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2012, 02:20 PM »
Whew!  Okay, thanks man.