Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread  (Read 101378 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 08:57 AM »
I guess Alderaan is one the planet they hadn't fought on yet.

Apparently it's Onderon, which is almost as close to sounding like Alderaan as it gets.  Another comic book EU planet makes its CW debut.

This season's almost obligatory warrior chick who will never see toy form.

Not much Nothing seen featuring other non-lead Jedi.

Major plot points that probably happen next spring.

So business as usual.  :P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:26 AM by scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 04:15 PM »
Ah ok, so that is where they were getting Onderon from...  Well, makes sense I suppose since I couldn't even place where teh buildings and things were from.  They certainly didn't look like Alderaan as it was established in ROTS.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 07:43 PM »
I re-watched the trailer today on the Star Wars site and I noticed something odd - in the one shot where Savage and Embo are fighting it out, Savage's left arm is mechanical. It's easier to see in the shot where he punches Embo with that arm. Is he losing his arm this season?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 08:55 PM »
He's lost a horn already. :)  maybe he has a severe ass whipping headed his way?  It'd be nice to see a baddie take some lumps like that.  he's a clean slate they basically can do with as they please, so I'd be ok with it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 08:31 PM »
Nice new video up fresh from the Clone Wars Panel that just ended at SDCC.

Clicky to see the new Season 5 Videon on IGN.

It opens really, really, cool. :)

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 09:48 AM »
Please tell me that the only Obi for next year will be this one, (laughs) that way if he peg warms we can slap the helmet on him and army build red Mandos.
I am guessing that the new red coloring on the Mando armor represents some alliegence to Maul. If only all the episodes can be this action packed, I can't wait for the season to start.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 12:21 PM »
Mandos and Maul....getting kinda fanfic...

Karen Traviss's eyes are probably rolling in her head like a slot machine.  ;)

EW.COM has another clip.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/14/star-wars-the-clone-wars-darth-maul-video/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:43 PM by scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 01:48 PM »
Some interesting stuff out of C6...

-Season 5 could be played as a movie with 4 separate story arcs, but ones that I assume intertwine to a degree since it could play as a movie according to Filloni.

-Moving to Sat Mornings on CN.  Blah, but this is clearly, to me, a ratings push with kids since I think Friday Nights are probably not working well.

-New planets and stuff...  Lots of good oooo's and aaaahhhh's from the show. :)

I'm really curious to see Season 5 now.

I was NOT happy with the randomness of jumping around from arc to arc at any point in a season.  You'd go from the Clones fighting a battle on the dark planet, to a single funny episode, to something about Anakin getting mad...  It was a cluster-F IMO, and I think this is a good new direction/focus.

It's a 3 year war...  adding in everything in comics and whatnot, they really need to streamline this show.  They needed to 2 seasons ago.

The jumping about worked better for the Tartakovksy series, but not something on-going and a half hour each night.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 09:07 PM »
Just reading through JTA's Q and A, and there is a note mentioning that SWAN is reporting that Season 5 is being written story arcs so that the closed without any cliffhangers due to the fear there may be a mid season cancellation.  Five seasons is a good run for any cartoon these days, but it is funny how far we've come.  I remember when CW was starting out, it seemed there was practically a bidding war over who would get to show it and how much it is promoted.  Now, it is being shifted around time slots/days, not nearly as advertised, and now possibly cancelled.  Hopefully, if this does happen, it goes out with a bang.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 12:12 AM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 05:08 AM »
Wow...  I mean, wow.  They really look like they've maybe, finally, gotten their **** together with this show.  Looks like the war is back in Star Wars.  Though I feel like I say that every year.

Loved seeing the fighters in action, warring... 

Anyone catch the Star Wars: 1313 tie-in, in the trailer?  Or the masked person's eerie similarity to a certain Force Unleashed look?  :-X

The IGN bonus clip is nice too...  If you're a fan of the RC video game, you've GOT to be noticing how they clearly took that game, and its movements, and put it into the show.  Good on them.  But all 3 things I just brought up really make you think someone on that show likes playing SW video games.

This was the coolest thing I saw out of C6, honestly...  Makes me sort of sad that they honestly are expecting a possible cancellation.  This is the way the show SHOULD be done, every season, IMO.  Cohesive storylines, lots of action, lots of focus on THE WAR, and let it be the catalyst for the ultimate outcome of Anakin's life.

Feel like they spun their wheels for the last season or two, not really looking at it from the angle they should've...  It's a short war, so make the most of this show and use that more.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2012, 10:48 AM »
Agreed with Jesse, it all looks pretty awesome.  So much cool stuff in the trailer, and I'm really psyched for Season 5 now.  Hopefully it isn't the end, but if it is, hopefully this means it is going out with a bang.  Plus, the glimpse of (apparently) Maul in Mando armor makes me think "here's two guys from SW that everyone loves, let's put them together" :).  Cool though.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2012, 11:54 AM »

-Moving to Sat Mornings on CN.  Blah, but this is clearly, to me, a ratings push with kids since I think Friday Nights are probably not working well.

I don't get this. It was reairing on saturday mornings already.

Cartoon Network has a history of sabotaging shows with an adult fanbase by changing air times and limiting rebroadcasts, like Justice League and Masters of the Universe.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 04:44 PM »
I wonder what cartoon networks contract for the show looks like. Could they have an exit clause in the 5th season? I know there was a lot of talk on Lucasfilm's end that this would go at LEAST 5 seasons. I wonder if cartoon network saves money if the ratings fall to a certain level. If not I wonder if they could remain profitable just releasing webisodes on the main site and selling the DVDs each year?