Multimedia > TV-9D9

The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread

<< < (65/69) > >>

Darby:
I initially questioned Ahsoka's statement too ('How can I trust myself?') but it does make sense that she would question her own judgement - the order she devoted her life to abandoned her, her best friend framed her for murder, the republic she serves wanted to execute her - so has she made the right decisions? Does she know enough about her own values and those she defends? She's been questioning these things all along.

The frame itself is paltry, and the weakest aspect of this entire arc. The first episode especially virutally sabotaged it with a staggeringly weak script and chain of events. It got better, and as the story veered away from the fact no one apparently can write a mystery and they focused on the characters.

The Barriss comment about the lightsabers suiting her - harder to defend. She's clearly not a Sith or dark side wannabe, so her keeping the sabers only happens because the story needs it to happen. Did Bariss want to get caught? Then there's justification, and it makes sense as the bombing itself does not achieve her aims. I still don't know why she targeted Ahsoka though - there's no hint of personal animus.

Jesse James:

--- Quote from: Jayson on March  4, 2013, 12:39 PM ---I think at this point Tarkin has been brought into Palpatine's inner circle and is now purposefully out to discredit and fracture the Jedi Council and aide Palpatine in Anakin's disillusionment with the Order. I'm almost positive they (Palpatine & Tarkin) knew that there was no hard evidence to prosecute Ahsoka - and since this was a military trial, I suspect they didn't have to conform to the same rules if she was tried in the Senate.

--- End quote ---

Seconded totally...  I loved how Tarkin was played.  It kept pretty true to his devotion to the "new order" which EU's established for him...  It's something I always liked.  That Tarkin was one of the ardent originals in the new regime, not anti-Jedi relgion exactly because he's clearly close to Vader, but Tarkin almost totally believes in the idea that the Jedi are fractured and a failed concept.  Vader eventually is sucked into it too... 

And I agree with Scott's original assessment about how this showed how f'd up the Jedi truly are...  It makes it even more tragic then that they DON'T show Anakin trust, and take him to arrest Palpatine.  Had Ani been there from the get-go, it would've gone totally different, but again they are so blind they don't make good decisions....  It's funny how things like this fixed things Lucas did int he films that made little sense.

Great episode...  Good way to end the season, and if you ask me I'd be fine if the series ended at this point too, but I'd like a dark "everything goes to hell" final season.

EpicGon:
I watched this chapter and liked it

good fight between Anakin and Barriss,
the later is close to a dark jedi, rather than sith.

She wants to change the methods of the order,
but she does not want peace, she pledges to violence
as she stated is the only way Jedi understand reality.

About the bouts Anakin vs Ventress and later vs Offee,

Skywalker proved he has a strong chin.

He took a side kick in the chin from Assajj (or a hook kick?)
and then a jumping twisting roundhouse in the jaws, by Barriss.

Hope in season 6, if he has to fight Maul, he could be more aware of
high kicks or at least return his foe one on the face.

Jabba the Slug:
It's really interesting that in the featurette for this episode, Filoni says he's in the "Ahsoka lives" camp but George is in the "Ahsoka dies" camp. I wonder who wins that one at the end of the day.

Also, I thought it was funny how he says that in the original draft for this episode, Ahsoka would just go back to the Order - I'm so glad they didn't do this. It would make the entire arc meaningless and make no move as to handling what happens to Ahsoka.

I think if they just left out Ahsoka from the rest of the show, it'd be okay canon-speaking (although we'd probably like to find out what happens to her). Killing her off at this point in the show's timeline wouldn't make sense because then Anakin would most likely have to be be depressed, which he's obviously not at the start of ROTS. So far, I think Filoni's done a very good job approaching as to handle her fate.

McMetal:
My friend brought up an interesting point...he swears Barriss is shown on the beach at Kashyyyk in ROTS alongside Luminara. I haven't had a chance to go back and check in HD slo-mo, but I tend to believe him.

If so, yeah, kind of a glaring continuity error there...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version