Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread  (Read 101198 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2012, 02:00 PM »
I was kind of 50/50 on liking this episode...  There was some stuff I dug, but I thought it, again, was no Landing at Point Rain which is the benchmark IMO.

I liked that they quite simply used the episode to lay out that Maul/Oppress are an issue separate of the war, and are up to something that clearly will be important in future episodes (seems kinda obvious about the Mandalorian tie-in now).

I liked that they killed a Jedi...  Too often people have bitched about the baddies NOT doing anything cool, and now that one does finally show he's pretty tough it's difficult to complain about it I think.  That's just me though.

I like Blue Snaggletooth but I'd have liked them to use a new head instead of reusing one they already had done up.  Still, it was just cool to see him there regardless and it makes me all the more geeked to do a modern blue snags that looks better than Hasbro's effort.

I was just a little bored with it...  It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't jaw dropping either...  not for an opener.  I guess that's maybe all that let me down a little bit.  I'm really curious about next week's episode.  Looks good!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2012, 06:59 PM »
I caught this episode at CVI and it was nice to watch it Sat and today to look for those nice little easter eggs and things I missed before.

Hondo is by far one of the best developed characters in CW let alone the entire SW continuity. He is just played/voiced so well.

One thing I really liked was the duel between Obi-Wan, Maul and Savage post Adi Gallia death, which was brutal in its own right with the horn impaling and the lightsaber killing blow. There was nice homage to AOTC during the 3-way duel where Obi-Wan was about to take out Maul when Savage blocked his blow similar to how Anakin blocked Dooku's blow against Obi-Wan. It was a nice "brothers" parallel.

Despite knowing it was coming, I still cheered out when Obi-Wan took Savage's arm.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2012, 10:43 PM »
Revival had good argument

They have finally ended the cliché of siths defeating Jedi

I am not sure the killed girl is Adi Gallia (she deads in ROTS)

In the ending of cw season 4, was tiring how the two brothers Maul and Savage surprised Kenobi
it could be justified only for seeing Maul in his cyborg likeness, which more power updated by his bionic parts.

And now Kenobi has brought relief to the light side.... Yes those sith guys deserved that beating!!  ;)

Obi Wan is more powerful than Maul, however he calls Savage his apprentice

I think he only poses difficulty to Kenobi because as enemies they both know the other´s tactics well.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 1, 2012, 08:34 AM »
Revival had good argument

They have finally ended the cliché of siths defeating Jedi

I am not sure the killed girl is Adi Gallia (she deads in ROTS)

That's the similar looking character Stass Allie in ROTS. Originally they were supposed to be the same character, but they had changed actresses in Attack of the Clones and decided to rename minor background Jedi from The Phantom Menace. So we have Adi Gallia and Stass Allie.  Stass Allie is said to be Adi Gallia's cousin. Adi Gallia already had a death in the Expanded Universe.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 1, 2012, 09:42 AM »
ufo ships seemed kinda out of place in the SW universe, but that's just me i guess.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 1, 2012, 08:25 PM »
Some novelties:

Savage Opress can kill with his horns, like a bull from Corrida (bullfighting)

The animated debut of Blue snaggletooh, path the way for the CW action figure.

The horned sith don´t have a defense or block against low side kick  :D  (kansetsu-geri),

so Obi Wan could target their knee caps. Wish Kenobi shares his strategy with Anakin before they
will face duo versus duo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: October 4, 2012, 02:02 AM »
A new preview for this week's episode was posted to SW.com's Youtube site...  It's up on our front page, so check it out.

I'm glad to see this series going BACK to the war, finally.  I like the Maul arc, but Star Wars works best when it's sticking to what it's titled about.  Especially the toon.  I'd like to see more combat/military, and fewer sidetracks.  I appreciate jumping into the underworld and stuff more after I've seen a stream of good battles. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 4, 2012, 07:12 PM »
Some novelties:

Savage Opress can kill with his horns, like a bull from Corrida (bullfighting)

The animated debut of Blue snaggletooh, path the way for the CW action figure.

The horned sith don´t have a defense or block against low side kick  :D  (kansetsu-geri),

so Obi Wan could target their knee caps. Wish Kenobi shares his strategy with Anakin before they
will face duo versus duo.

I actually liked the bit with Obi-Wan targetting Savage Opress's knees.  It showed him to be a more experienced and smarter combatant,  and that sort of plot point is also something that is reminiscent of video gaming:  finding that one weakness in an opponent and exploiting it.

I was interested to see the conference between the Jedi and Palpatine at the end of the episode.  That was clearly foreshadowing of what's likely to be a confrontation between Darth Sidious and Darth Maul.  And on that front I'm really interested to see what happens.  How will the Sith Master regard his former Apprentice?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 6, 2012, 10:52 AM »
A War on Two Fronts was to slow, hopefully the action picks up with next weeks episode with the droid gunships, and commando droids. (If they're in it yet.)
« Last Edit: October 6, 2012, 10:54 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 6, 2012, 01:29 PM »
I see why they went with last week's episode to open the season.

This was Ahsoka/Lux 'shipper stuff...maybe they should've called it "Looking For Love in Onderon Places"

The Fear is a Malleable Weapon opening moral...was barely touched upon. And if the Jedi Council almost seems ready to accept Onderon's government siding with the CIS, then why are they even fighting this war? If the CIS wasn't the aggressor, there'd be no war?

Adi Gallia visible during the council scene. Ha.

Onderon seems to be another backwater planet with an old timey capital city. Gives me the impression that a lot of habitable worlds have the population of the average U.S. state at most. (Mon Calamari, Zygerria, Ryloth...none of them seemed developed or abuntandly populous.)
« Last Edit: October 6, 2012, 04:54 PM by scockery »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 6, 2012, 08:01 PM »
meh....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 6, 2012, 10:21 PM »
I liked the Jedi Robes. That's about all I can say.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: October 6, 2012, 11:48 PM »
I liked that the "Rebels" are like a dozen guys in the woods.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 7, 2012, 12:54 PM »
Well, it seems there's only a few thousand people on the whole planet.  ;)

Do they make the AAT's too big. Or maybe I try to make my peace with under scaled toys only to have that challenged by other media. I wish they'd updated the toy more, hatch and rear ramp...never happen. more likely they'll make a new tinyer one.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: October 7, 2012, 03:38 PM »
They'll update it, show it off, but it'll never ship.

The CW models are pretty accurate...  Hasbro's toy is one of their classic "80%-ish scale just so it annoys you" type ships, like the X-Wing, etc.  Close enough that they could've done it right but didn't.  It's a decent sculpt though, but with all the repaints I'm kinda glad I've not bought one since 1999 due to its undersize nature.