Author Topic: Star Wars 1313  (Read 34488 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Star Wars 1313
« on: May 9, 2012, 12:33 PM »
Star Wars 1313 - what is it?  ???

'Star Wars 1313' URL buy-up spurs hopes about Boba Fett movie, but Lucasfilm won't say 'at this time.' What could it be?

link to LFL's Star Wars 1313 trademark application

Anyone want to join the rampant internet speculation that's out there trying to guess what this is...?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars 1313
« Reply #1 on: May 9, 2012, 03:27 PM »
1313 refers to the street number where Disneyland is located. Their address is 1313 S. Harbor Blvd. Therefore, Star Wars 1313 referres to LFL and WDI's plans to turn Tomorrowland into Star Wars Land!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 9, 2012, 04:12 PM »
An interesting theory...  seems as likely as anything.  It was a pretty broad range of stuff it covered though, or so it seemed.

I'm thinking/hoping it's something bigger than SW/WD partnering further...

The article mentions some interesting stuff...  some people already had fly into their heads, other stuff a little more obscure but it fit.

I'm hoping it's a good thing for SW's future is all.  At this point I sometimes look at it and think it's in jeopardy.  Not that it'd ever go away or anything, but that it's sort of hit the wall a bit.  It went from lame, to cool, to lame again...  Can it get cool again?  I'm not so sure SW is like the stock market, in that it can sustain fluctuation.

I think TPM3D screamed a lot about where SW is...  adding in the declining interest in Clone Wars 3D.  Star Wars needs something of Battlestar Galactica/Star Trek: The Next Generation proportions to revive it.  Something big, and with maybe some solid outside influence rather than Lucas being the only voice in the room.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 9, 2012, 04:48 PM »
1313 Mockngbird lane was where the Munsters lived.  In a bid to join the Vampire/werewolf hype and add the "tween" market it is a Star Wars/Munsters mash up.

But I can't tell you where I heard that.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: May 9, 2012, 05:16 PM »
I'm with Phruby...it has to be something Disney related...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 9, 2012, 06:18 PM »
My second though was what Paul said. lol

Actually there is suppose to be a Munsters reboot called Mockingbird Lane with Eddie Izzard as Grandpa.

« Last Edit: May 9, 2012, 06:19 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 05:00 PM »
I'm hoping it's a good thing for SW's future is all.  At this point I sometimes look at it and think it's in jeopardy.  Not that it'd ever go away or anything, but that it's sort of hit the wall a bit.  It went from lame, to cool, to lame again...  Can it get cool again?  I'm not so sure SW is like the stock market, in that it can sustain fluctuation.

I think TPM3D screamed a lot about where SW is...  adding in the declining interest in Clone Wars 3D.  Star Wars needs something of Battlestar Galactica/Star Trek: The Next Generation proportions to revive it.  Something big, and with maybe some solid outside influence rather than Lucas being the only voice in the room.

That's an interesting point.  We've sort of discussed this as far as the collectibles go, but I sort of feel the same way about SW right now.  Sure, the CW is still going and there are always little "events" here and there, but it does seem like there has been the lame/cool/lame swing with SW again a bit.  A combination of things most likely, and honestly I don't know if SW will be "big" news again until there is a new movie or the live action series actually comes to fruition.  A discussion for another topic I suppose.

As far as "SW 1313", I suppose the Disney explanation is as good as any.  I actually wasn't aware of the address, but that seems to make sense when putting things together.  That would be neat too, but SW really could use some big news.  It sometimes feels like - aside from the fanbase - people have "moved on" a bit, which I suppose is somewhat natural (and has happened before when the movies were through).

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 04:09 PM »
I proposed the same answer over at laughingplace. They got mad over the suggestion of anything star wars going in. There are some a-holes there that believe if its not Disney (not even Pixar), then it shouldn't be at Disneyland. A lot of them want Adventure Thru Inner Space back instead of Star Tours. Disney dweebs are such ludites.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 09:13 PM »
I thought most Disney fanatics were the chicks in poo sweatshirts?  They're common at Wal-Mart and seem to often be commenting on the most recent crime in their neighborhood on the nightly news.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 08:07 PM »
So a mystery game being revealed this Thursday?

As noted in our front page story, early speculation has this maybe being what the Star Wars 1313 registrations were for, and that it could pertain to LA signing on to use the Unreal Engine 3, a year ago.

New SW FPS would be nice...  but they're up against stiff competition in that market.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2012, 02:10 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 12:05 AM »
With the Unreal 3 engine the grapic should be pretty tight.

I'd love for them to re-vsist the Dark Forces storyline again....but it's probably something else.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 11:53 AM »
The logical ideas of SW gaming going to its roots are long gone I think...  They want to just try riding coattails of whatever the current hot games are.

I think this has promise...  It's a step in the right direction if it pans out to be what all the speculation is, but I'm skeptical if they'll come up with an awesome storyline to go with it.  RC was good though, and so I guess there is hope they can still put out an exciting FPS game.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 06:54 PM »
I wouldn't mind another Battlefront type game.

This game is already better than Force Commander.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 02:14 AM »
I disagree 100% on wanting a new Battlefront...  In today's gaming world, where MP is an arena already heavily dominated, and filled with failed attempts to dethrone, I think any SW game needs solid SP gameplay in it to succeed.  The rich Star Wars universe, with diverse characters, worlds, and a detailed history, is what would make this hypothetical game what it is, IMO.  Story has almost always been where SW gaming has seen great success.

Battlefront was a clusterFUBAR as far as story went though...  It was pure MP.  Unless this game revolutionized FPS MP gaming, I think it would be a dismal failure for them to even attempt to jump into that already crowded ring where there's so many failures, and the winners are long-established.  Could a SW FPS game ever compete with a COD, or Battlefield?  Or maybe more similar, a HALO type game?

BioShock had story.  GoW has story.  HALO and COD even have involved backstory and solid SP campaigns.  Battlefront, to me, would be destroyed if it came out today with updated graphics/gameplay as its only changes.  I'd say what they need more of is Dark Forces/Jedi Knight/Mysteries of the Sith, or Republic Commando (with MP).  They're up against competition now they've never really seen in the past with their FPS games though.  Battlefront is like Battlefield, and I just don't see Star Wars winning with that model anymore.

And Force Commander is still the most underrated SW game in history.  My computer can even run it well now.  :-X

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 02:46 AM »
I see your point, but one of my favorite all time games has been Unreal Tournament, so Battlefront was a fun game for me to play.

Of course, I'm a huge Mass Effect/KOTOR fan so something with a good story (like the Dark Forces games) would also be a draw for me.

And Force Commander was killed by the limited amount of troops you could bring to the battle.
This is the way.

I have spoken.