Author Topic: 2012 Medicom Parco Toy Show  (Read 8796 times)

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
2012 Medicom Parco Toy Show
« on: May 23, 2012, 04:56 PM »
Looks like we'll be getting carded versions of the Vinyl Vader and Tie Fighter pilot from DX4 for the Medicom Toy Exhibition. The Kubrick line is still dead in my eyes so I can't be bothered to make a new thread about them.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Medicom Parco Toy Show
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 05:27 PM »
ho, meet hum. I suppose it is better than a super desirable character that would become prohibitively expensive. It seems we should be getting an update by the end of June if a December release is planned.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 05:49 PM »
Does anyone have any background info on how Medicom is performing?  Given that their cases of product seem to sell out in no time, I would have thought the company was doing well, or at least the SW Kubrick part of things.  I get the cost savings behind re-using existing molds to create new variations of characters (Veers/Imp Commander, Sandtrooper, Astromechs, etc.), but there's only so much collectors are going to take of this...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 07:49 AM »
I'm more interested in the give-away carded figure that they are handing out this year.  Last year was the vinyl Obi-Wan.  Anyone taking bets?  Vinyl Tusken, vinyl Leia, vinyl Jawa?!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 10:15 AM »
Vinyl Jar Jar with 3D glasses  ::)  ;D
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 02:37 PM »
I'm more interested in the give-away carded figure that they are handing out this year.  Last year was the vinyl Obi-Wan.  Anyone taking bets?  Vinyl Tusken, vinyl Leia, vinyl Jawa?!

Isn't it these?

Looks like we'll be getting carded versions of the Vinyl Vader and Tie Fighter pilot from DX4 for the Medicom Toy Exhibition. The Kubrick line is still dead in my eyes so I can't be bothered to make a new thread about them.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 09:44 PM »
Isn't it these?

No, what I'm talking about is the following.  They announced last year that they were releasing the Stormtrooper and a re-carded Boba Fett at the show and would then have some available on the Project 1/6 site.  So we thought those were the only two figures we were getting.  Then, Medicom had a private event where they gave away carded vinyl Obi-Wan figures to the attendees.  What I'm saying is that I hope that they do the same thing this year and release another vintage nod carded figure.  I'm personally hoping for the Leia since we don't have a non-holo carded figure of her yet.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 10:45 PM »
No, what I'm talking about is the following.  They announced last year that they were releasing the Stormtrooper and a re-carded Boba Fett at the show and would then have some available on the Project 1/6 site.  So we thought those were the only two figures we were getting.  Then, Medicom had a private event where they gave away carded vinyl Obi-Wan figures to the attendees.  What I'm saying is that I hope that they do the same thing this year and release another vintage nod carded figure.  I'm personally hoping for the Leia since we don't have a non-holo carded figure of her yet.

Sorry - I misread what you wrote.  Who all gets the free figure?  Leia is probably a good bet.  An Imperial Dignitary might be cool too...

Offline scaryandy

• Youngling
  • Real Scary!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 06:02 AM »
Hologram Darth Maul!

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 08:29 AM »
Hologram Darth Maul!

now on sale on auctions sites yahoo.co.jp

« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 08:36 AM by kaysui0248 »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 09:52 AM »
I like that one!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 09:28 AM »
Cool!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 10:01 PM »
Stole this from space monkey's post over on Kubrick Nation.  Couldn't wait for him to post it any longer...

This will look nice next to the 400% vac-metal C-3PO and TC-14 Kubricks.

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 02:13 AM »
Stole this from space monkey's post over on Kubrick Nation.  Couldn't wait for him to post it any longer...

Post away...