Collectibles > The Clone Wars '08-'13

Clone Wars Wave 29 (2012 Wave 4)

<< < (3/4) > >>

Jayson:
Picked up another Fox today from my local Kmart.

McMetal:
Starting to get irritated over the utter lack of the Fox wave here, especially because he is only showing up at stores that are impervious to inventory manipulation. (TRU, Kmart, Walmart) Why couldn't he be showing up at Target, who is actually on top of that stuff?

If any of those other stores would actually order more toys when # of clone wars figures = 0, I would have had this guy already. I cleaned out my local Walmart of any TCW figures weeks ago and they haven't added a damn thing.

Also frustrating because when the Scuba Ahsoka wave started to hit more in force, the eBay prices for that figure plummeted almost instantly, but you STILL cannot find a decently priced Fox on there anyplace.

Still out of stock on HTS too.

Jesse James:
I wouldn't say those stores are impervious to manipulating their stock...  KM reorders when things get down pretty low, they've always been that way and don't usually get a massive stock at any one store of cases.  WM and TRU there's a good bit to buy, but they all have re-order points when stock hits a certain level.  WM's are set pretty low on vintage, not sure on other lines.  TRU I have no clue but it'd be a lot to buy to trigger a re-order.

I've not seen these newer figures yet but I've seen Wolfe's wave a bit more of late at K-Mart, Target, and Wal-Mart.  That Commando looks good, I must say.

McMetal:
So...after reading comments online about some tweaks apparent on Wave 4 Rex versus Wave 3 Rex, I decided to buy a couple and compare them firsthand.

About the only difference I can really see is that the "horns" on Rex's helmet have been repainted in a darker, more vivid shade of blue with the latest wave. The weathering seems more or less the same to me, but that one deco has definitely been modified.

That, to me, just barely meets the minimum requirements for a true "variant", (as opposed to something obvious like the Clone Tank Gunner) but it's just different enough to motivate me to keep both versions.

McMetal:
It occurred to me tonight that outside of the two I bought way before X-Mas, I never saw Fox on the pegs again after that. I hope this is not typical "last wave in the old line look" syndrome and short-packed to hell. I was hoping to see him in heavier numbers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version