Author Topic: Star Wars: 1313 - The Figures  (Read 5123 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Star Wars: 1313 - The Figures
« on: June 1, 2012, 01:25 PM »
This seems like it's going to have a bit of a push to it that goes beyond just the game.  Maybe a book or something, maybe a bit more.  There's already speculation on figures.

Since so little is known about the game right now, I thought I'd just start a thread for any speculation.

The "Imperial Gunship" type thing looks cool but quite sizable...  Not counting on that happening.  One never knows though, I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: 1313 - The Figures
« Reply #1 on: June 1, 2012, 02:15 PM »
Isn't the supposed TV show also supposed to be about the same SW theme?  Coruscant underground type scene with bounty hunters?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: June 1, 2012, 02:20 PM »
That's the word. ;)  I made sure and mention that last night about this when it was revealed.  There seems a likely tie-in there.  Part of me would be surprised if they made the TV show about a completely unknown character as the main focus, but stranger things have happened with SW I guess.

I'm skeptical on the game's success, but I'm geeked for new figures from it.  Especially since it is apparantly Empire-era stuff, not PT and whatnot.  Gives me a little hope that the figures will fill out any diorama quite nicely.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 1, 2012, 02:26 PM »
I'd probably end up buying any cool looking villains or bounty hunters... But with this being an OT era game, I'm sure Hasbro will find a way to sneak a few Vaders and Palpatines into the line. ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 1, 2012, 02:30 PM »
I'd probably end up buying any cool looking villains or bounty hunters... But with this being an OT era game, I'm sure Hasbro will find a way to sneak a few Vaders and Palpatines into the line. ::)

While it was annoying that Vader and Sidious re-releases got squeezed into the Force Unleashed toy offerings a few years ago, considering that the Vader/Wookie set was based on the 1st level and in the final level, after beating Vader, you fight Sidious, those figures weren't so bad.

Now if they had put a repack of Maul in the line simply because Proxy assumes Maul's visage, then yeah, I would have said that totally was a cash grab.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 1, 2012, 03:47 PM »
It'd be cool if they had someone like Embo, Cad Bane, or someone that already has a following from Clone Wars, or even the ESB hunters instead of a completely new character with no history.  I thought I'd heard that Boba would be involved.  But, I'm sure it would be someone that's human in appearance because if there's a TV show tied in I'm sure they don't want to be spending big bucks on make-up making an alien every episode.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 2, 2012, 02:29 PM »
While this does, indeed, seem like a really cool concept for a game/tv show/whatever, I've pretty much lost any and all hope that Hasbro can and will pull off a quality toy line to support it.  We'll either get figures two years after the game is released or (more likely) game inaccurate figures with decreased articulation and action features.  Sorry to be so negative, but Hasbro hasn't really given me much reason to be positive toward any of their lines lately, not the least of which is Star Wars.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #7 on: June 2, 2012, 04:12 PM »
While I agree that Hasbro has had a hard time making game related stuff, I think that if they really wanted to do it well, they could.  Perhaps we'll see some of this stuff at SDCC.

Also, I do think that there will be some characters we already know, but I assume that the "main" character will be new.  On the other hand, Boba Fett has gone helmet less for many CW episodes, so maybe it could be Fett.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 11:56 AM »
That's what I think too. They're being very tight-lipped about just who the main character is. And I don't think we've heard him speak in the videos I've seen.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 04:02 PM »
He spoke in the gameplay trailers for it Lando, but IIRC in the videos discussing it they basically said outright it's a new character and all.  A "normal average guy" was a big push on him.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 04:02 PM »
Ah, ok. Well, so far I like the look of it...but I've been excited for Star Wars games in the past, only to be disappointed. Though I did have a blast with some of the games where you weren't a jedi. I played the hell out of Bounty Hunter, even though it wasn't amazing. And I enjoyed Republic Commando too.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 01:56 PM »
So not sounding good on this front because of the type of game it is...

I actually thought at the time of its announcement that this might get a mature rating, and thus Hasbro and LFL may shy away from toy tie-ins.  I mean, they took away a snarling face on Teebo...  They're anal about this stuff.

So yeah, I'm kind of NOT shocked, but kind of am too...  new properties, and with them claiming TFU was popular and them continuiing to dip into that pool even this year, I'm kind a little surprised I guess that they're not planning SOMETHING.  At least it sounds like a Battlepack might happen, probably depending on the popularity of the game.

Come to think of it I wonder if they're not waiting just to see how the game does...  Looks pretty but LA's track record in the last good while is shaky.

Oh well, I would still buy figs from this game.