Author Topic: 1516  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« on: June 23, 2012, 10:00 AM »

That's a good estimate of how many modern non-animated figures have been released from POTF2 through the Legacy collection.

As I'm apt to do every couple of years, I go through and re-organize my collection. This time, I took a check list and counted how many unique figures have been made since the line relaunched in 1995, ending with Legacy. I'm sure there will be a lot of debate over what counts and I wouldn't be surprised if I missed a few, but I don't think that number his very far off. I counted every figure with modified parts, an example being the POTF2 deluxe Stormtrooper, as well as kit bashes like the "I am your father" Luke that is the Saga Bespin luke with OTC Jedi Luke head. Re-paints were a judgement call, such as the OTC POTF2 repaints which I counted, and minor Jango repaints which I did not. Figures that added cloaks and capes such as the Jedi in the Jedi vs Palpatine set I did not count. The Vaders were just maddening.

Anyway, there's at least some attempt to make a tally. It's interesting that the entire run of the POTF2 line had just over 200 figures while both the 30th AV and Legacy line had nearly 300 figures each.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: 1516
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 10:49 AM »
Are you sure that's not just the number of stormtroopers you have?   ;D

Amazing on how many figures have been issued in 17 years!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 11:46 AM »
Wow.  We've really surpassed 1500 figures?  It doesn't seem like that long ago that we were hunting for 300th edition Boba Fetts and 500th edition Darth Vaders.

It would also be cool to know which figure clocked in at #1138.  ;D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 11:58 AM »
That's a better number than Adam Pawlus's estimate of "Go to hell!"
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 06:33 PM »
Interesting... I counted a few years ago and have kept a tally of how many total figures I have on the shelves (including army builders).  I only counted once, and have just updated it whenever I've added something.  That number for me is 2,460 right now.  I could go count my army builders and see if I come close to 1,516.  I suspect the number would be higher here... I don't think I have anywhere near 850 duplicates.  I'd guess more like 400 to 500.

My count includes a lot of repaints too though... anything with a significant change or color variation.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 06:34 PM by Rob »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 09:18 PM »
That's a better number than Adam Pawlus's estimate of "Go to hell!"

Yeah, his Q&A responses have been rather terse lately.  :D