Author Topic: Will your collecting habits change?  (Read 16600 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Will your collecting habits change?
« Reply #45 on: November 1, 2012, 01:13 PM »
I'm always up for buying OT and some PT and EU but I refuse to buy the sequel stuff. That ST just isn't Star Wars to me.  ;)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 1, 2012, 01:31 PM »
Will probably carry the same stance I carry now...Only Ewoks, Droids, and vehicles (if they're nifty)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #47 on: November 1, 2012, 05:47 PM »
I haven't been reading the announcements with being stuck in the hurricane situation, but was 7-9 really confirmed?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 1, 2012, 07:05 PM »
really really!

join the discussion   8)  http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=22712.105

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2012, 10:55 AM »
I've been thinking about this again lately as I've been going through things, and I really do have to consider everything when we're looking at another trilogy (and 10+ years) of stuff coming our way eventually.  I'm really excited about new Star Wars on the big screen, and - as expensive as it can get - the "movie years" for Star Wars are usually pretty exciting collecting-wise as well.  It sometimes (in the past) makes the prices lower since they move so much product, it allows them to take risks on different or larger things like vehicles/playsets, and other things.

Also, I look at our office (where my collection resides now), and things are pretty much full now.  Thinking of another trilogy of stuff makes me realize that either things have to get packed up, sold off, or just an overall collecting refocus.  The figures themselves aren't too bad, but if you add in vehicles or anything else, it gets out of hand space-wise.

I know overall that I'll buy at least some of it, and if I really like the movies, maybe a lot of it.  I had a lot of excitement for the prequels as well at the time of their release, and although I still like those movies well enough, I have ended up selling off or packing up a lot of that stuff - aside from the figures.  This time it may be different if it has more OT characters/feel, I may be more invested.  As we look at the prospect of 3, 4, 5 or 10 more Star Wars movies, I think I'll look forward to them all but have a feeling when it is all said and done everyone will have "their" trilogy or favorite.  The OT will always remain my primary focus, but I am looking forward to having new movies to anticipate.  I'm also glad I have a couple years to figure out what I'm going to do collecting-wise.  I went from thinking things were almost done to opening up a whole new door for stuff.