Author Topic: The Hobbit -LEGO  (Read 34414 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Hobbit -LEGO
« Reply #30 on: January 4, 2013, 09:07 PM »
I'd say LOTR sets are Oin the way out (see what I did there?) for The Hobbit, till new LOTR sets ship (huzzah!) later this year.

That's what I thought would maybe be happening, thanks for the heads up Jesse.  We'll likely be hitting some other Wal-Marts this weekend hoping to find some of the remaining LOTR sets.  We'd really like to get the Shelob set (which I think is still at TRU.com/LEGO), and - if on clearance/sale - the Mines of Moria.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2013, 08:53 PM »
I'm sure most have seen this already, but Target has an exclusive version of the Blu Ray of the Hobbit for sale tomorrow that includes a LEGO Bilbo minifig.  I believe this is an "exclusive" fig, as it is Bilbo with a blue jacket - I don't think we've gotten that version yet, right?  Anyways, just a heads up for anyone interested, I think it is the same price as the regular release.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013, 09:51 PM »
Nabbed the TRU set escaping from the Mirkwood elves thing.  I love the set, and the drunken elf.  Now, debating picking up the last couple Hobbit sets and Helms Deep...  Helms Deep seems like a waste almost but I dunno.  I don't like it particularly because it's comically small, to me, but I want the figures...  I'm tempted to just get the figures somehow.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2013, 10:53 PM »
If you get both Helm's Deep sets it actually isn't too bad all put together,plus like you said the Minifigures are pretty good!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2013, 11:06 PM »
Nabbed the TRU set escaping from the Mirkwood elves thing.  I love the set, and the drunken elf.  Now, debating picking up the last couple Hobbit sets and Helms Deep...  Helms Deep seems like a waste almost but I dunno.  I don't like it particularly because it's comically small, to me, but I want the figures...  I'm tempted to just get the figures somehow.

You could be like some of the winners around here and just open the box, take out the figures and leave the remains on the shelf.  ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 09:18 PM »
Yikes yeah, not my style, but I'd have to determine how into the figures I am...  I want the Berserker and Haldir the most...  The rest, meh. 

That video of Orthanc floored me...  so did the price.

I think I may nab the Orc Forge full price just because.  Target doesn't seem to do good Lego sales much.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: May 1, 2013, 01:32 PM »
LEGO Buy One, Get One 20% Off Sale @ Entertainment Earth.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2013, 02:27 AM »
Found myself a Goblin King for $69, so I nabbed that...  I'm him hawing on it now but I'm keeping it I'm pretty sure.  $69 still hurts to spend, but to complete the dwarves, yay.

Spider sets were all full price still. :(  At least at the WM's that had them in stock still.

They had Moria for $59 I believe, and $9 on the Gandalf set which largely disappeared so I counted myself lucky to get one of those for $9 even though it didn't have anything new to me...  I got it just for completism's sake at this point.

Now, I'd like to find Uruk Hai sets for clearance to expand my Helm's Deep wall, and then the Spiders I just need to wrap this up and move onto the new LOTR sets completely and anticipation of the next Hobbit sets.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2013, 04:24 PM »
I've seen the Uruk-hai sets marked down to $21 at Walmart but mine still has them regular price at $29.  I passed on both prices, but now that I have the Helm's Deep set I may pick up at least 1 at regular price and wait for a sale or when I get back to that other WM for a couple more.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2013, 11:45 PM »
K-Mart's are marked to $28, and I keep hoping they run an extra 50% off because I'd probably buy 3 at that, and expand my Helm's Deep wall to a nice respectable length and have some goofy Uruk Hai goobers running around outside like jackwagons.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: September 2, 2013, 08:29 AM »
Picked up the Goblin King set for $65 @ Target yesterday...slowly but surely I will get them all

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2013, 02:19 PM »
I've seen all the new Hobbit sets in store at TRU and at a the Kmart this week.  I believe you can get 15% off at TRU....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2013, 02:52 PM »
K-Mart has a couple good toy coupons available for reward members right now too... I've not spotted these sets, but I'm anxious for new affordable Hobbit goodness. :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: December 4, 2013, 10:30 AM »
So, still no Smaug...you'd think they would release a Smaug set with this movie but have failed to do so.  I just do not understand the Movie biz and their reluctance to show off any of the villains before the movie hits.  Is it really that big of a secret?  He is a dragon.