Author Topic: Brian's Toy Exclusive - Jocasta Nu  (Read 50144 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Brian's Toy Exclusive - Jocasta Nu
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2013, 03:47 PM »
I got three Jocastas in the mail today (one for me, two to sell). The packages are huge! I guess that explains the high shipping cost. I'm looking forward to tearing mine open later... the bust accessory looks great and the figure appears surprisingly detailed.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2013, 04:23 PM »
I got three Jocastas in the mail today (one for me, two to sell). The packages are huge! I guess that explains the high shipping cost. I'm looking forward to tearing mine open later... the bust accessory looks great and the figure appears surprisingly detailed.

Two to sell?  Are you going to get more for them than BT's already high pricing?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2013, 06:44 PM »

Two to sell?  Are you going to get more for them than BT's already high pricing?

I'm hoping to find a couple of folks who want loose ones for $30ish shipped. I didn't clarify earlier but I was able to take advantage of a free shipping promo by ordering three. My comment about the high shipping was referring to the $12+ cost for a single Jocasta figure.

Anyway... I opened up my figure and I am VERY impressed. I was surprised by how well sculpted and articulated the figure is. It's probably my favorite "boring" figure. The Dooku bust is a cool accessory and might be the best part of the whole package. The holocron hidden under the sculpture is awesome. Really the only con I can think of is the price.

Oh, a quick note for MOC/MIP guys: all three proof cards I received are in rough shape. They are punched, have dings and scratches on the edges, and appear to be covered with dust. If having everything in pristine condition matters, you might want to contact BT to see if they could pick a decent looking proof card and pack it carefully with the figure.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2013, 07:54 PM »
Not many PC's are left, so I don't think you'll manage getting good ones...  Another reason I was wanting to get my order sooner since I ordered sooner was the fear of "damaged" stuff being at the tail-end.  Not that I had proof of these possibilities, but I didn't want to take a chance.  My PC's were ok, unpunched...  It was my understanding the Proofs weren't even to go with EVERY order, but were more of a "Hey, here's something free" even.

I could be wrong though.  :-\ 

I was really glad I got one though because the card in the package gets damaged like the SDCC set bends the cards in it slightly.  If you're trying to hang onto mint cards of figures though, the proof is almost your only way to get a decent Jocasta Nu.  I don't know that any MOC Jocasta will actually technically exist.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2013, 04:46 AM »
My Jocasta's proof card was nestled pretty snug in-between the plastic window and the cardboard, with no apparent damage, so I think there might still be some decent ones out there.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks