Author Topic: Brian's Toy Exclusive - Jocasta Nu  (Read 50280 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Brian's Toy Exclusive - Jocasta Nu
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2013, 07:32 PM »
I just received my two today.  But a lead time of 6 months from order to delivery?  For a Hasbro exclusive?  I really hope that this sort of thing doesn't become the norm.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: January 14, 2013, 09:03 PM »
Count me among those who have yet to receive their Jocasta, although to be quite honest, I hadn't really been paying attention lately and had pretty much forgotten about her.  I don't know if that's more due to just a general apathy toward Hasbro stuff recently, or because there hadn't been any movement from BT, but I did order one, so hopefully they'll actually send it to me, sooner or later.   ???

I think it's because, well, basically, Jocasta Nu is a crap character and makes for ultimately a boring, forgetful action figure.

That's the honest truth about this toy.  She's a good figure, as any/all figures should be, but she's nothing particularly special.

I said it before and I'll say it again.  Her accessory of a Dooku Bust on a column with a holocron hidden inside, is about a billion times more interesting than she is as an action figure.  That bust is something I wish came with every Jedi figure till they gave us every busy of every Jedi in the library.

Outside of that, this figure is easily forgotten in every way, shape, and form.

Now had they done modern sculpts of vintage costumed aliens?  I'd probably never forget those.  They'd get attention from me often as I looked at my displays, or shifted things around.

People wanted Jocasta, they got her, and she's everything the majority figured she'd be.  She's boring but Hasbro did a nice enough job on her, and gave you a cool accessory to make you feel less cheated.  For Hasbro lately, that's a win of epic proportions.  For collectors...  it's a moment of saying, "Oh hey, that's alright", and forgetting you bought it in a year.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 14, 2013, 09:03 PM »
I still haven't ordered one, but I might break soon. Of course now I'm thinking about ordering two.  :-[
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2013, 11:11 AM »
they have a coupon that expires today - "newyear10" I believe it was - good for 10% off your entire order

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2013, 10:03 PM »
Ugh, just went through with the discount code. Shipping prices are even more outrageous than the figure price. $33 when it was all over, for one figure. ::) I feel dirty.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2013, 09:13 AM »
Argh! Could have used that code if I had been here yesterday.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2013, 11:24 AM »
Why do I get the feeling these will eventually be half price?
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2013, 11:49 AM »
Why do I get the feeling these will eventually be half price?

I would say that is a gamble for sure, 50/50.  Who knows how many were made?  Even hardcore collectors might not be too excited about adding this old granny to their collection.  It certainly took quite a while for me to just say screw it and order one.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2013, 02:26 PM »
I'd say it's a bit of a gamble too.  Brian's would have to order a certain number to carry the exclusive, but given their store's size it's tough to say if they could order a boatload or not.  Ordering when I did, I am completely satisfied with it.  At $33 with no coupon codes I think I maybe would've passed.  Really would've regretted not getting the accessories though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2013, 09:12 AM »
I already received notice that mine will be shipped within the next business day

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #175 on: January 17, 2013, 11:22 AM »
I'd say it's a bit of a gamble too.  Brian's would have to order a certain number to carry the exclusive, but given their store's size it's tough to say if they could order a boatload or not.  Ordering when I did, I am completely satisfied with it.  At $33 with no coupon codes I think I maybe would've passed.  Really would've regretted not getting the accessories though.

Looks likea nice figure.   I'm just looking over the last 15 years whenever there's any exclusve offered well above a "normal" asking price..in this example let's say a single figure ("normal" being about $7-$10)  MANY of these "exclusives" seem to eventually end up on ebay at about half thier original asking price. 

Celebration exclusives, the talkin Vader, the silver anniv. fgs that were being offered at various convetions for a few years, any exclusives, TRU exclusives, Target exclusives, etc.etc..  you name it.  $33 seems to be at the top of the list for any single carded figure that I've seen.  Just always seems to be lately a similar mentality around SW that when something comes out it's originally offered a rediculously high prce (i.e. take advantage of everone who needs one first or feels they have to hurry an buy before it's "sold out"), then it eventually goes on a few rounds of sales or Special offer prices, then eventually hits it's it final absolute low clearance price... which at that point the price is so low they get wiped out/sold out.  If you can get the timing down, and get an item on the last clearance price (or as cloe to it as you can), you could probably have about 3X the items in your collection vs. buying everything at it's original offered price.  This particular item just seems to scream clearance deal eventually.

Also, not saying this practice is wrong in any way (Heck, if I was a company, I'd do the same)  However, bing a collector, and NOT a company, I'm just looking at it through the eyes of a collector...be smart about your purchases, and hoping to save folks (maybe newer folks to the hobby) a lot of $ and frustration in the end.  Hopefully have more fun with it. 

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2013, 09:08 PM »
I already received notice that mine will be shipped within the next business day

Same here, got the email this afternoon

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 18, 2013, 09:25 AM »
I wish we had a reputation system here so I can give bobafett14 a +1.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 18, 2013, 04:01 PM »
whoa, mine arrived today - that was fast

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2013, 04:55 PM »
Got mine yesterday too. The packaging is pretty cool, despite it being ridiculously excessive. Kinda like the Indiana Jones Lost Figures set, I would have preferred they scaled it back and lowered the price a bit. Oh well. Like someone else said earlier, I like how they threw in the extra cardback since I've been saving those. I haven't opened it yet but the figure itself looks great.

I might pick up a second if they go on clearance at any point.