Author Topic: Lego 2013  (Read 49654 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Lego 2013
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2013, 04:49 PM »
Man, I would kill to see them release something like this in the 3 & 3/4" line.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2013, 08:18 PM »
Read on Twitter from a follower that the Starhopper has started hitting Walmart. Anyone else seen it?

I actually saw it at a Walmart here in Austin late last week.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2013, 03:01 AM »
I had no idea it was new or I'd have mentioned it at the time but I saw it last week...  that, the Mando ship with the Maul mini, and some other stuff began just popping up all of a sudden.

I knew it wasn't stuff I'd seen before but I figured it wasn't news since we're usually the ass end of distribution.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2013, 05:39 AM »
I can't wait to get that speeder with Maul and the Maul Mandalorians. I'm planning on picking it up next month when LEGO has the Blue Clone giveaway

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2013, 07:02 PM »
I can't wait to get that speeder with Maul and the Maul Mandalorians. I'm planning on picking it up next month when LEGO has the Blue Clone giveaway

It's a great set!

I'm holding off on getting the AT-TE or Gunship when they start the Clone Lieutenant promo. That way, I'll also get the VW Bus which will make for a great present to give that co-worker who helped me get the Holocron Droid...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 5, 2013, 10:50 PM »
Planets Series 4 Canceled in US

This sucks, I was looking forward to finishing the sets off. Looks like they're bring released in Europe only. Better save some cash.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 6, 2013, 10:01 PM »
I don't understand, why can't shop.lego.com just carry them?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2013, 07:53 AM »
Ewok Village Review

I saw the Ewok village on display last night at a local LEGO store. All I can say is WOW!  It really is one of the more impressive LEGO sets that I've ever seen.  Time and again LEGO just shows what impressive work they can do, and that their product line is so adaptable that they can do just about anything they want to.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 07:51 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2013, 10:51 AM »
Amazon has some sets at 32% off right now.  Picked up Jabba's Palace and the AT-TE each for 32% off this morning.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2013, 02:58 PM »
TRU has an unadvertised sale on a bunch of bigger LEGO sets until November 23, with most of the sets being 50% off. Not much Star Wars related, but the Jedi Defender ship is $70 and the Battle of Hoth set is $30. I went ahead and snagged Hoth, which is actually a good price for what the set ultimately is. Make sure to price scan a set to make sure it's on sale.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2013, 08:53 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on the TRU sale.  I've sort of been eyeing that Hoth set for awhile now, and for $30 I was able to pull the trigger.  Between this and some clearanced LOTR sets, I'm getting a nice stockpile of stuff to build with our daughter in the winter months ahead :).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2013, 06:39 PM »
Ya that Hoth set - not feeling it even at 1/2 price...blah.  Still tons left at my TRU that didn't get sold. 

I picked up my $35 Y-Wing though this evening.  Very nice!  Store was wiped out of them but I believe you can still fetch them online for a few more hours.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2013, 11:34 AM »
I grabbed the Hoth set and put it together with my six year old.  I would agree with Mike, even at $30 it doesn't feel like I got much of a deal.  I think $30-35 should have been the retail price to begin with.

I passed on the Y-Wing, even though it was a great price.  I just don't think its all that different from the previous releases that I already have.

Picked up the Republic Gunship and Jabba's Sail Barge on Amazon this week at 35% off.  Amazon has been having some really good sales lately, although their pricing seems to ping pong all over the place.  One minute its 20% off and the next its 35% off.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2013, 11:55 AM »
Anybody get the LEGO Star Wars 9500 Sith Fury-class Interceptor?  Thoughts?

They've got a 30% off sale right now and I'm just not sure how interesting the set looks to me.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2013, 01:19 PM »
I got the Fury earlier in the year for about the same price off Amazon but still in a box.  Brick Show on Youtube - has some honest fan reviews...been following those 2 brothers for awhile.

Gunship was $77.99 yesterday for a few hours on Amazon but I hesitated too long so I got the $79 version at TRU this morning with the giftcard.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN