Author Topic: Smaller Vehicle/Beast/Other Items  (Read 12839 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Smaller Vehicle/Beast/Other Items
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 11:12 AM »
My Wish List:

- Picador w/ cart and Geonosian Warrior
- Dwarf Spider Droid (NEW) w/ Battle Droid
- Nexu (NEW) w/ Arena Padme and chain

- Chancellor's Podium w/ Emperor Palpatine (NEW, red robes)
- Boga (repack) w/ Obi Wan Kenobi
- Medicial Capsule w/ Crispy Anakin (NEW)

- Death Star Command Console w/ Death Star Trooper (gray)
- Cantina Bar Dispenser w/ Wuher (NEW)
- Yavin IV Command Table w/ Jan Dodonna (NEW)

- Hoth Transport w/ Rebel Driver
- Wampa (NEW) w/ Luke Skywalker
- Bespin Gantry Control Console w/ Darth Vader

- Emperor Throne w/ Emperor Palpatine
- Ewok Catapult w/ Ewok
- Droid Torture Rack w/ droid & Gamorrean Guard

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 11:44 AM »
I've been saying this for years, but there are three small speeders form Mos Eisley...I can't think of proper names now...one is the round bubble with circular windows, the spidery looking one, and the blue one at the speeder shop...that would make great small vehicles.  Pack them in with new cantina aliens and I would be very happy.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 11:54 AM »
Oh yeah, those are awesome too.  I'd buy those... I'm sure you've seen THIS before, but if not, be sure to check out all the awesome pics.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 12:54 PM »
This is a topic I've always loved.  And that's because the vintage mini-rigs were some of my favorite items!

THE PHANTOM MENACE

-Senate Pod

-Coruscant Taxi

ATTACK OF THE CLONES

-Geonosian Sonic Cannon

REVENGE OF THE SITH

Jedi Temple Situation Room tactical plot

-Bail Organa's speeder

A NEW HOPE

-Escape Pod!!!!

-Death Star Detention Block control station

-Yavin IV Alliance base tactical plot

-Vehicle Maintenance Energizer

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

Echo Base hangar speeder

RETURN OF THE JEDI

Desert Sail Skiff (Probably one of the best vintage mini-rigs ever!)

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 01:53 PM »
Nice reference pics, Nicklab.  I'd buy all of those in a heartbeat... multiples of most!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 01:54 PM »
Desert Sail Skiff (Probably one of the best vintage mini-rigs ever!)

I've always loved that shot. Wooof looks like he showed up after the sarlaac battle and he's saying "Sorry I'm late, there was literally Bantha traffic downtown...did I miss anything?"
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 04:22 PM »
I'd put the Tatooine Skiff up there as my most wanted LIKELY OT vehicle update, done to-scale of course, but if I had my choice (barring absurdly big, ala the Sail Barge) I'd probably vote for an X-Wing done to-scale or a Y-Wing.  They're both ships that deserve it...  The Y-WIng because they basically accomplished it with the CW one, actually, and the X-Wing because it's one ship you really could call iconic, and even the 80%-ish one there is now looks comically sad next to the new TIE Fighters.

Give me a scale X-Wing and Hasbro would pretty much have me...  I've longed for that ever since I began collecting 1:18 airplanes...  Hasbro's would inevitably be cheaper in design and deco, but I'm cool with that.  Just so long as it's to-scale.  I can pretty it up on my own.  Hell, it could have the most basic paint aps, and single-molded cockpit pieces and whatnot...  I'd be down for several.  Quite a few, actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 04:37 PM »
I agree 110% on the X-Wing and Y-Wing. I would actually throw my support more in favor of the Y-Wing, since the newer X-Wing sculpt is pretty nice (definitely compared with the POTF2 or Vintage Kenner sculpt).

In fact, ESB Slave-1 and the Y-Wing are my biggest vehicle wants.

I would love it Hasbro gave us some support gear for the vehicles we do have, and those would fall into the "other" category. Things like ladders and refueling stations would be great, as well as some sort of cranes for placing astromechs...along with the technicians to go with them. I'm sure these would pretty much only sell to collectors, but I'd buy a bunch of them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 05:00 PM »
I have vehicles basically in 3 categories, at least by my personal standards, at this point...

-Definitely doable...  Tatooine Skiff, the Speederbike, AT-ST, Snowspeeder...  This stuff is largely done.  The skiff's about the only thing left I can think they would do from the OT that they'd upsize and improve upon.  The only problem is the originals aren't even all that hot sellers, so how is the new one gonna do?  There's some little stuff that could sneak in like the Hoth Sled, or the deleted scene Hoth Repulsor Tank, but not much else it seems is left...  EU stuff doesn't count IMO.

I would throw a vote to the ANH:SE Swoop though...  And the Tatooine speeders, but the Lars Speeder etc., are pretty obscure.  I'm not counting on these ever happening.

But the Swoop...  yeah, I'm all for that.  New rider with a pointy hat too.  It's technically never been done, as the SOTE one isn't in the ballpark of what the one in the movie ultimately looked like.

I'd also dig a "variant" AT-ST...  Take the current mold, make a couple changes like to the legs and things.  I'd take the Hoth version if they resold it and made it a bit more accurate to the model.  Not counting on it again, but yeah.

-Doable, But Costly...  This is X-Wing, Vader's TIE, Y-Wing...  I'm ok with Vader's TIE as-is, it's fixable, but I'd take a new one for sure, if offered, and a vast improvement.  The Y-Wing and X-Wing are both doable though, but I want these to-scale...  I favor the X-Wing though because it's trully iconic.  I like the Y-Wing though, and would love to have one I'm proud to display, as it's currently the weaker of the two...  That said, it's also less iconic.  I'd put a B-Wing in here as well.  A tad larger, but mostly due to the longer body which is thin.  I'd take a new one though, but it's lower on the rungs for me.  XW and YW are tops and would really need to be special.

The CW Y-Wing is really pretty much what I'd want, in a new OT Y-Wing.  It's almost perfectly sized (short by like an inch or two), features the stuff I want like the droids socket, and the 3 landing struts, and a sizable cockpit...  It's funny the cartoon y-Wing was drawn basically too big, to have been the OT Y-Wing stripped down, despite that being the intent.  Regardless though, YW would be high on my list right behind the XW, and I feel Hasbro can and should do both.

Can't think of anything off-hand they haven't done already, in one shape or form.

-Doable, but not to-scale...  These are things more like playsets, and less like a vehicle you could feasibly pick up and run with if you were a kid.  Queen's ship, Slave-I, etc.  It'll never happen to-scale, not from this company, and even if it did a lot of people would be scratching their heads where to put it.  I put the Sailbarge in this category.

Via twitter I've read Frank D'Iorio (Niub Niub) is doing (currently) a scale Sailbarge for his diorama workshop at C6...  I'd imagine he'll be posting plans on his site for it.  I think I may make one as that'll be a fairly simple way to do it.  I really want one for some reason, and even if Hasbro does this, it'll obviously be smaller than it should be.  I think I wanna replace my Jabba Palace shelf with a Sailbarge though.  Just seemsl ike a cooler display.

Lots of things could fit this bill...  Scale Falcon, Scale whatever...  Hasbro wouldn't ever do most of them.  They'd maybe only consider others, and they'd be smaller thingsl ike Slave-I.  I'll work on these on my own, someday, and just be happy for the folks who want them if they ever get things like a repaint of the new Slave-I mold and whatnot.  I think the demand is there and warranted to make it.  I think they've had every intent to do so since they made that new mold though, considering the features they built in.  Just a matter of finding a home for it, as they say.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 5, 2012, 04:28 PM »
Since Hasbro has confirmed that there won't be any new "huge" vehicles, and smaller vehicles seem to be where they're leaning for a while, are there any small vehicles you'd like to see?

Hell, if they could give us the same attention to detail as with the speeder bike, I'd love to see some smaller items come out. Could be the perfect time to give us the Ewok catapult, Vader's Meditation chamber and a few Mos Eisley Speeders and swoops!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #25 on: October 5, 2012, 04:59 PM »
I've always been surprised that they never did the Lars family speeder.  It's aggressive looking, small, and would be easy to hide some sort of missile feature in.  That's my vote.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 5, 2012, 05:36 PM »
I've always been surprised that they never did the Lars family speeder.  It's aggressive looking, small, and would be easy to hide some sort of missile feature in.  That's my vote.

I can just see them trying to pitch that.  "NOW WITH C-3PO HIDING BEHIND IT ACTION FEATURE!"
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 6, 2012, 12:14 PM »
They'd probably need to label it as "Tatooine Speeder" or "Mos Eisley Speeder" or something like that, but it does look cool.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 6, 2012, 02:37 PM »
I like a lot of the suggestions here.  I'll be in for:

Owen Lar's speederbike.  They could throw in Anakin and a white sack (aka Shmi) and it'd be good to go.
Crispy Anakin and Med-capsule
Vader's TIE Fighter: do it to scale and without the cute action features.
Y-Wing: to scale and throw in  Gold 3 or 6... they haven't been done yet.
Death Star modular playsets
Yavin & Echo base command centers.
Endor bunker
New Skiff
Pretty much everything Chewie, Jesse & Nicklab posted, especially the OT stuff

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 6, 2012, 11:28 PM »
Skiff is the only one I'd go out of my way to buy. One of the biggest let downs ever was Kenner not making it sooner, so it was super rare and I never had one (without it, the skiff guards hung out on mini rigs...just didn't cut it). And then over a decade later to get POTF2 version (oddly made an exclusive, despite apparent fan  demand at the time)...only to learn how underwhelming the vehicle was.

They said they'd never do modular Death Star sets. All or nothing. I believe them on that.

The escape pod could be neat. Never got the last one, seemed too small and I wasn't collecting then.

Didn't they mold the geonosian cannon 10 years ago and never released it?