Author Topic: NFL 2012-2013  (Read 28394 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
NFL 2012-2013
« on: July 29, 2012, 08:43 AM »
All the hope for the fall starts this week! (and will be dashed after the first few weeks of the season)
Sadly the Cowboys did nothing to improve during the off-season.. Tony Romo is still the QB and the team is asking the king of "doesn't car" to be the leader, they drafted a cornerback with a to 10 pick claiming he was the best in his conference (the SEC.. a running conference...be the best run stopping LB in the SEC and I will be impressed), Jason Garrett is still the coach (like the guy as a Quarterback's coach, but he is over his head as a Head Coach) and Jerry is still the GM, (Like him as an owner, GM not so much).

New York and Philly got better or stayed the same so Dallas is not in a better position.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2012-2013
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 12:48 PM »
New York and Philly got better or stayed the same so Dallas is not in a better position.

Isn't there another team in that division? Drafted a guy from Texas or something to play QB? Think I heard something about that this offseason. ;)

Should be an interesting year in the NFCE.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:49 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 04:49 PM »

Isn't there another team in that division? Drafted a guy from Texas or something to play QB? Think I heard something about that this offseason. ;)

Should be an interesting year in the NFCE.

If they would have drafted him to play WR or weren't going to throw him into starting, I would have mentioned it, he is Vince Young (part II or III if you will).

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 06:39 PM »
No worries, Cousins is Plan B. Shanny has 'em covered from all angles.  ;D

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 07:46 PM »
Better than Garrett, he has no plan, I'd prefer the Ghost of Tom Landry at the this point... and we got Ryan brother that is less fit for NFL coaching...but they Kiss the ring so they stay.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 11:20 PM »
If they would have drafted him to play WR or weren't going to throw him into starting, I would have mentioned it, he is Vince Young (part II or III if you will).

I watched both of those guys on the field last night, and one looked a whole lot better than the other. (Hint: the one with the 145+ QB rating)  ;)

All kidding aside though, I can understand skepticism of any highly touted rookie, but all of the early indicators seem to be that Robert is every bit as advertised. (Talking about the whole draft process through OTA's, rookie camp, training camp, etc, not just the 14 preseason plays from last night) Everyone from the writers, coaches, veterans, etc have been pretty impressed from what I gather.

We'll see how things play out when it really counts, but this doesn't feel like a bust pick to me somehow. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 02:25 PM »
I've watched RGIII the last 4 years in Big 12 games. Pit him against a decent DT and he crumbles. See Miller, Von. And in the NFCE alone he has to face Demarcus Ware and Justin Tuck.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 01:27 PM »
I've watched RGIII the last 4 years in Big 12 games. Pit him against a decent DT and he crumbles. See Miller, Von. And in the NFCE alone he has to face Demarcus Ware and Justin Tuck.

Luckily, he doesn't have to block those guys...they have 5 other dudes to take care of that.

Now, if they get through those 5 guys, I agree he is going to be in trouble. Like every other quarterback in the NFL would be...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 02:59 PM »
Props to Russel Wilson for winning the starting QB job for Seattle. He went to the same tiny prep school in Richmond my girls attend. Always liked the guy...think he will do well, height be damned.

Redskins released Chris Cooley today...sad, but not unexpected. 6 Mil is a steep price-tag for a backup TE. I just hope he lands on his feet someplace else, preferably in the AFC. Always a fan favorite around here...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 12:17 AM »
Props to Russel Wilson for winning the starting QB job for Seattle. He went to the same tiny prep school in Richmond my girls attend. Always liked the guy...think he will do well, height be damned.

Wilson was fun to watch at Wisconsin.  Hope he can continue to shine in the big leagues.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 6, 2012, 07:58 AM »
Ok, after last nights game, I have to deliver this proclamation......

National Anthem Singers.... I don't care how respected, talented, lauded, awarded, hipster approved, 'Merican, Street, CMT Approved, Gospel, alternative, or Kardashian approved that you are.... please sing the song as it was written and arranged.

Oh and the Cowboys won... still a better chance they go 1-15 than win the Division or even get to 8-8.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 6, 2012, 08:51 AM »
It was an odd game...I didn't think Romo would make it out alive after that first quarter. Their offensive line is BAD. Probably a good portent for the Skins this year though, mobile QB + shaky line can still = success.

I have to admit, Romo did what he does best...extends plays and makes things happen. The quick passes helped a lot. The Giants seemed sort of checked out of the game for most of the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

Giants better hope that secondary gets healthy in a hurry. I didn't think Tryon was even in the league anymore after the Skins traded him two years ago. Anytime that dude is on the field it is a mismatch for the other team.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 9, 2012, 03:57 PM »
First of all, here's hoping for a safe year with no major injuries to any players. That said, I'll be pulling for my local favorite team the Cam-olina Panthers as they challenge for the NFC South. Other teams I like and follow are the Raiders, Ravens, Texans, Vikings, Bengals, Lions.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 9, 2012, 08:27 PM »
First of all, here's hoping for a safe year with no major injuries to any players. That said, I'll be pulling for my local favorite team the Cam-olina Panthers as they challenge for the NFC South. Other teams I like and follow are the Raiders, Ravens, Texans, Vikings, Bengals, Lions.

I haven't seen the Bucs defense play a game like that since Gruden was coach and Kiffin was DC.  Mark Barron's hit on Smith brought back memories of John Lynch... McCoy was all over Newton (shades of Sapp).  I can't remember the last time the Bucs harassed a QB that much.  And I also can't remember the last time the Bucs held an opponent to that few yards on the ground - 10 total yards rushing for Cam Newton / DeAngello Wiliams / Mike Tolbert.  And another thing I can't remember... the last time the Bucs played an entire half without any penalties.  Schiano has this team headed in the right direction... After three years of Raheem Morris, it's fun thinking the Bucs have a chance to win games again. 

And it was really sweet having them win considering that all I heard all week long was Cam Newton this, Cam Newton that... He had a great season last year no doubt, but I want to see him do it twice before we start carving his bust for Canton.

I'm beyond happy at this point, but with NYG and Dallas up next, I think the Bucs are looking at 1-2.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2012, 08:29 PM by Rob »

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 9, 2012, 09:06 PM »
The refs were happily invisible for the most part in the NFL debut with the Giants and Cowboys, not so much today. I hope they get this settled soon. It was clear that on top of some bad and missed calls, refs were being convinced/intimidated into throwing flags late. The last I had heard, the two sides were like 6 grand apart per game. Raise the price of beer a nickel, cover the difference, and get this done before it has a lasting impact on the season.