Author Topic: NFL 2012-2013  (Read 28414 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2012-2013
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 09:22 AM »
19-26
320 yds
2 TD's
0 INT
139.9 passer rating

40-32

Take that, national pundits!

;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 10:32 AM »
19-26
320 yds
2 TD's
0 INT
139.9 passer rating

40-32

;D

JUST LOSE THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON LAST YEAR YOU STUPID VIKINGS!!!!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 10:39 AM »
Agreed...rest AP for the rest of the year instead of playing him in meaningless games where he blows up his knee.

I have not been a huge fan of the Spielman/Frazier regime, I am not high on Ponder, I am happy they won yesterday but man, a lot of the same >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 12:02 PM »
19-26
320 yds
2 TD's
0 INT
139.9 passer rating

40-32

;D

JUST LOSE THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON LAST YEAR YOU STUPID VIKINGS!!!!!

Yup.  Although I think they blew it at least a year or two earlier than that.  Should have drafted one either of the years they were relying on Favre.  Not high on Ponder either.  Hope he proves me wrong over the long run.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 07:39 PM »
First of all, here's hoping for a safe year with no major injuries to any players. That said, I'll be pulling for my local favorite team the Cam-olina Panthers as they challenge for the NFC South. Other teams I like and follow are the Raiders, Ravens, Texans, Vikings, Bengals, Lions.

I haven't seen the Bucs defense play a game like that since Gruden was coach and Kiffin was DC.  Mark Barron's hit on Smith brought back memories of John Lynch... McCoy was all over Newton (shades of Sapp).  I can't remember the last time the Bucs harassed a QB that much.  And I also can't remember the last time the Bucs held an opponent to that few yards on the ground - 10 total yards rushing for Cam Newton / DeAngello Wiliams / Mike Tolbert.  And another thing I can't remember... the last time the Bucs played an entire half without any penalties.  Schiano has this team headed in the right direction... After three years of Raheem Morris, it's fun thinking the Bucs have a chance to win games again. 

And it was really sweet having them win considering that all I heard all week long was Cam Newton this, Cam Newton that... He had a great season last year no doubt, but I want to see him do it twice before we start carving his bust for Canton.

I'm beyond happy at this point, but with NYG and Dallas up next, I think the Bucs are looking at 1-2.
For real, the Bucs totally embarrassed the Panthers, ,much to my dismay. And we host the pissed off Saints this week then the Giants, with a trip to Atlanta after that for our first quarter of the season; why oh why do I now see 0-4 or at best 1-3 by then? Frackety frack frack!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 08:18 PM »
It sure is nice to see a real QB in Denver again. :)
"This is the way."

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 08:29 PM »
It sure is nice to see a real QB in Denver again. :)

You guys had one pretty recently.  He's a Bear now, and in the interim, Tebow got you guys to the second round of the playoffs..

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 02:31 AM »
You guys had one pretty recently.  He's a Bear now

Seriously?  I'd take Tebow over Cutler any day of the week, and 10x on Sunday.  Cutler might have more conventional QB skills physically, but from the neck up, he shouldn't even be in the NFL.  I can't think of anyone over the past decade whose professionalism has offended me more than him.

As unconventional and downright crappy as Tebow can be, it's been sad to see him get buried on the Jets bench, after creating some of the most exciting moments in the NFL last year.  At least Sanchez earned his starting job this week though, so that should keep the Jets fans off his back for at least another week or two.

Surprising upsets in Green Bay and New Orleans this weekend too.  RG3 looked pretty damned promising, and really kept his composure in his debut.  And the 49'ers D' proved it's not a flash in the pan either.  I thought last year may have been a fluke for them, but perhaps not.  Bad start for the Pack.

Good to see AP back (early) as well.  They need some decent running backs in this pass-happy league now.  Speaking of which, despite the solid pre-season, I wasn't overly impressed with Luck's inaugural outting.  They better find a way to hand the ball off a bit more, or that poor kid's arm is going to fall off at this rate.  I still think he'd have been better off with a year's tutelage under Manning, despite his maturity and intellect.  I guess it's hard to go that route with the rookie contracts nowadays though.  Manning sure showed that he's rounded back into form.  Hope the old man can keep it up, and avoid any further neck (or bodily) issues.

Weak start by the defending champs too, I might add.
Softgoods suck.  Almost as much as the Prequels.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 12:50 PM »
Seriously?  I'd take Tebow over Cutler any day of the week, and 10x on Sunday.  Cutler might have more conventional QB skills physically, but from the neck up, he shouldn't even be in the NFL.  I can't think of anyone over the past decade whose professionalism has offended me more than him.

The numbers don't back you up.  In his two full seasons in Denver before being trade, Cutler completed 63% of his passes, throwing for 8023 yards and 45 td's.  He may not be Tom Brady level elite, but those are stellar numbers.

By the way, this past weekend he threw for 333 yards with 2 TD's and 1 INT in a 41-21 win. 

Tebow on the other hand (who I'm a fan of, I went to Florida after all) is a career completion percentage of 47% and in 2011 (the only fair year to look at) averaged 123.5 yards passing per game.

I'll give you that he gets you something extra with his legs, but if you're comparing QB's, I can pretty much guarantee you that there isn't an NFL coach or GM not named Josh McDaniels who would take Tebow over Cutler.  Good luck trying to make the argument though.

As unconventional and downright crappy as Tebow can be, it's been sad to see him get buried on the Jets bench, after creating some of the most exciting moments in the NFL last year.  At least Sanchez earned his starting job this week though, so that should keep the Jets fans off his back for at least another week or two.

Sure, but that's because most people know that Tebow is no NFL QB.  If you're team is in a hurry to go with MARK SANCHEZ (who has a long history of also being terrible) of all people over you, you're not really good.  Fact of the mater is, that Tebow's success is mostly because of Denver's defense.  They were outstanding last year.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:52 PM by Rob »

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 05:57 PM »
The numbers don't back you up.

No kidding.  Any football fan could tell you that.  That was indirectly my point.  Hell, no one has worse stats than Tebow, other than possibly Rex Grossman and a handful of no-namers.  Yet the guy could somehow, inexplicably, get it done when it counted, even in the playoffs for one game.  On the flip side, Cutler puts up strong numbers every year, but continuously fails when it matters, and does so with extraordinarily "unusual" flare.  Skills, obviously.  Mental fortitude and QB IQ, not so much - hence my "from the neck up" comment.  If I was a GM or head coach, I would never want a guy like Cutler leading my team, or even just it's offense.

I've been a big box score and league leader reading junkie for over 30 years, but occasionally the numbers don't tell the full story.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:38 PM by Spirit Of Mace »

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 06:52 PM »
Trent Dilfer consistently got it done when it counted too - because he was bailed out by his defense.  That's what Tebow got last year. 

The Ravens cut Dilfer loose after he "led" them to a Superbowl.

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 07:29 PM »
No doubt Denver's D kept them in most of those games long enough for Tebow to pull yet another miracle out of his ass.  I certainly wasn't suggesting he get all the credit for what they accomplished last season.  Considering I'm not even a Broncos fan, I just didn't want to type out a full expose on their season, though statistically their D wasn't even ranked in the top half of the league.

As for the Ravens, anyone who QBs under Ray Lewis's watch is going to look good/succeed.  As for Dilfer, I enjoyed watching him as a commentator.  Amusing guy.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 07:34 PM by Spirit Of Mace »

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 08:03 PM »
Great.  Now I'm not even sure what we're arguing about.   :)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 10:07 PM »
IMO, Dilfer never got a fair shake his whole career, guy was a solid QB. I always though he got a raw deal from Baltimore. How many Super Bowl winning QB's get dumped the next season? For $%^* Elvis Grbac?!? Now THAT guy was a fraud...out of football within like 2 years after that. And then the whole Boller fiasco. Their inability to groom a stable offense was Billick's undoing up there.

I don't know what to make of Tebow. He's a unique talent, but hard to carve out a place for a guy like that on your team with all the other traditional roles.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 12:21 AM »