Author Topic: NFL 2012-2013  (Read 28398 times)

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2012-2013
« Reply #60 on: January 6, 2013, 09:34 AM »
I knew it'd be a long shot for the Vikes to repeat what they did last Sunday (didn't know Ponder wasn't playing or I'd have changed my pick), but being a home team, I went with my heart and not my head on that pick.

As for the AFC pick, I think it'll just come down to Denver and NE for the championship game.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 6, 2013, 01:14 PM »
Dear Christian Ponder its called playing through pain...uneffinbelievable

If you can't throw the ball, you can't throw the ball.

Of course, Webb couldn't throw the ball either...

Regardless, not having a QB back there who could at least complete a pass here and there meant the Packers could actually get away with giving Peterson so much of their attention.

Yeah Packers!  I had my concerns going into the game, so it was nice to see the Pack shut it down early on.  Clear Webb is horribly inaccurate, but I think he was used poorly.  There should have been more designed runs and option plays for him.  He practiced with the first team all week - they should have game planned that one much better knowing all the attention would be on Peterson.

As for Ponder, I would be hugely disappointed in this guy leading my team into the future.  Yeah, he has some kind of injury and I'm sure it was painful, but to go out as inactive for the game?  To not even be available on an emergency basis?  He took a few throws during warm-ups, so it isn't an issue of not being able to throw - it's an issue of fighting through the pain.  Defend him if you like, but would Rodgers have been out there with the same injury?  Would Favre have put on the hoodie and watched the game?  Clearly Joe Webb isn't the key to Vikings success in the future, but neither is Ponder. 

Looking forward to San Fran.  GO PACK GO!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 7, 2013, 10:04 AM »
Two sides of the playing through pain coin: Ponder vs RGIII

That game last night was just brutal to watch. Dude is gimping around on one good wheel and still trying to make plays. I just hope he didn't wreck that knee permanently. Ugly end to a brilliant season.

Props to the Skins and Colts for wildly exceeding expectations this year...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2013, 07:52 PM »
Bal v Den
Hou v NE
Sea v Atl
GB x SF

Den v NE
GB v Atl

Den v GB

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2013, 02:38 PM »
Bal v Den
Hou v NE
Atl v Sea
GB x SF

Den v NE
GB v Sea

Den v GB

I like your picks Steve, but will go greedy and have the Pack knock off Seattle in a grudge match.  You know the NFL wants those ratings.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2013, 09:32 PM »
Eh, I don't know, Justin.  Maybe people should pay me to root for their opponents as bad as my picks have been.  The AFC choice was going to the Bowl.   :P

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2013, 11:44 PM »
I had to turn off the GB game, SF has probably scored like 5 more touchdowns in the last 5 minutes. WTF? They almost look like they could give the AFC a run for its money in the Super Bowl.

That first game was nuts. I watched a lot of ravens game this year since I had so many of those guys on my fantasy team. Did not expect them to be able to pull that off...freaking unbelievable.

The sucky thing though, is that pretty much guarantees the Patriots ANOTHER trip to the Super Bowl. I can't stand it. I am so sick of seeing those guys every freaking year!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2013, 12:01 AM »
Both SB picks out... wow!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2013, 01:01 AM »
OUCH.  That was a beat down, no doubt about it.  Kapernick was incredible - don't know how you begin to stop that guy outside of breaking his leg.  Can't believe both the Broncos and the Packers are out...that's just nuts.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2013, 08:56 AM »
49ers just scored again

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2013, 10:24 AM »
49ers just scored again

That's not possible.  The scoreboard isn't equipped to show triple digits.

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2013, 12:52 PM »
The sad fact is Randy Moss couldn't catch **** when he played for the Vikings the last time.  Amazing he can with the Niners.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2013, 07:52 AM »
It will be interesting if Moss locks horns (so to speak) with his pal Tom in the SB...

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2013, 04:37 PM »
Bal v NE
SF v Atl

NE v Atl

I've been 50% every week, so hopefully Baltimore will be the upset/constant in my picks.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2013, 10:00 PM »
49ers vs Ravens.  Not excited about cheering for the Ravens, but about the last thing I want to see is Moss and Kapernick with Superbowl rings.