Author Topic: NFL 2012-2013  (Read 28510 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NFL 2012-2013
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2013, 11:15 PM »
What is wrong with Kaepernick?  Is he too fast for your liking?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2013, 11:48 PM »
What is wrong with Kaepernick?  Is he too fast for your liking?

No, they beat the Pack last week.

Well, Justin, does that mean I should root for the 9ers?  I'm doing AWESOME at picking the 'winners'. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2013, 12:52 AM »
I don't really care for the 49ers in general.  Beyond that, I tend to root against teams that have won a lot and newb QBs who already come across as too cocky.  I would much rather see Flacco and Boldin and Rice with rings than Kapernick, Crabtree, Gore, and Moss.  Those guys all just seem like dicks from what little I have seen of them.

Has nothing to do with the Pack.  If that were the case, I would root San Fran because it means we only lost to the top team.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2013, 04:29 AM »
Kaepernick is the real deal... within the next 5 years there are going to be a ton of QBs just like him and Cam Newton, so you might as well get used to him.

I'm rooting for the Niners but I have a feeling the Ravens win. They're the hot team, and a little motivated to send Ray Lewis out on top.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2013, 07:13 AM »
Kaepernick is the real deal... within the next 5 years there are going to be a ton of QBs just like him and Cam Newton, so you might as well get used to him.

I'm rooting for the Niners but I have a feeling the Ravens win. They're the hot team, and a little motivated to send Ray Lewis out on top.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kaepernick has a ton of talent.  He singlehandedly took down the Packers last week.  I just don't think he has much class.  Like when he spiked the ball at a guy's head after running for a first down.  You don't catch many players pulling that crap, especially in a big game. I like his ability, not sold on his character.

There are already a bunch of guys with that skill set.  Cam, RG3...I agree that we'll see more and more of the run/pass QB now that there are guys who can actually pass (unlike M. Vick, V. Young, etc.).  I would totally be cheering for Cam or Bob if they were in it because they're effective, fun to watch, and seem to be mature/humble from what I have seen.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2013, 10:06 PM »
Eh, it's give or take I guess. Cam Newton got kicked out of Florida for stealing laptops and Baylor Bob supposedly whored his fiance out to the basketball team, so nobody's perfect.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2013, 11:47 PM »
Eh, it's give or take I guess. Cam Newton got kicked out of Florida for stealing laptops and Baylor Bob supposedly whored his fiance out to the basketball team, so nobody's perfect.

Theft and prostitution are insignificant compared the power of the dark side.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2013, 10:02 AM »
Sorry, you can't just start 7 games and cruise into your first SB victory. That is ridiculously easy. Even Marino and Roethlisberger paid more dues than that. I can't help but root for Baltimore. I guess I just find it easier to cheer for a guy whose arms aren't draped in prison ink always kissing himself.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 3, 2013, 10:37 AM »
Well it's Superbowl Sunday featuring the San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Ravens! Who do you think will win? I like both teams, they have good defenses and QBs; 49ers have 5 previous SB wins but the last was about 18 years ago while the Ravens won their only appearance 10 years ago.  I think it'll be a very close game, probably won by a field goal, so Im gonna guess a score of either 21-24, 24-27 or 28-31; but which team will win it? Very hard to pick but I 'think' the Ravens might get the win to cap off the emotional Ray Lewis career.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 3, 2013, 11:19 AM »
Go Ravens.  Yawn.  I dont know of too many people around here that are overly excited by either team, but I'll be cheering for a close, high scoring game.  Hopefully the Black Birds come out on top.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 3, 2013, 11:55 AM »
I don't have a dog in the fight.  The Giants were very disappointing this season, especially since the Eagles & Cowboys were really unimpressive as well.

But I have to go with the Ravens.  In a way they remind me a lot of the Giants of 1986.  A strong defense combined with a solid running game.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 3, 2013, 05:40 PM »
As a Steelers fan I was hoping for a double plane crash on the way to New Orleans. Since that did not happen I will have to take the betting lines. I will take the 49ers -4 and bet the over @ 48. Even though there are two great defenses in this game I think points will be scored. Plus Jacoby Jones may put some points up in a hurry. Also on the coin toss I will take tales.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 3, 2013, 08:18 PM »
Looking good for the 'birds at halftime. That fake FG was some stupid crap though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 3, 2013, 10:28 PM »
Looking good for the 'birds at halftime. That fake FG was some stupid crap though.

I'm not sure I like the call with 9 yards to go, but it was the right time to pull it and the right spot on the field.  Kudos to the Ravens for giving it a shot.  They were just a yard away and got the ball right back anyway.  We'll see if it comes back to bite them - the 49ers are just down 5 and about to score with a few minutes to go...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: February 3, 2013, 11:46 PM »
Wild finish...  Wasn't all that excited for the game today...  I rooted a little more for Baltimore ultimately but didn't put anything on any aspect of the game and so I just sat around watching and ******* over to the TWD marathon.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77