Author Topic: Defender Wishlists 2012: Tournament of Champions  (Read 19801 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Defender Wishlists 2012: Tournament of Champions
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2012, 05:49 PM »
1 Prequel figure and no CW, WTF?

Screw the OT... >:(
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 05:54 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2012, 07:07 PM »
1 Prequel figure and no CW, WTF?

Screw the OT... >:(
So, the opinions of the voters here don't matter?  I realize other sites will have different results but I frankly don't give a damn about other sites wish lists.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2012, 07:28 PM »
They matter, I just don't agree with them.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2012, 08:29 PM »
Don't be hatin' the OT.  Without it, there'd be no PT or CW.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2012, 08:33 PM »
I don't hate, I just think there should be variety.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2012, 08:36 PM »
I don't hate, I just think there should be variety.

There could be more variety, but I think us collectors here have a different mindset than those over at Scum.

Heck, if it were me Hasbro would seriously just be getting a list of all Goons from Jabba's palace/barge.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2012, 10:15 PM »
I don't think our individual lists would be kept to 15, either.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2012, 11:51 PM »
My own Tournament of Champions list was fairly balanced between PT, CW and OT selections.  I actually didn't care for any of the EU characters that made the cut.  In fact, none of my EU list made the top ten in that category.  And I only voted for characters in the ToC that I had voted for in each individual poll.

As for how the ToC shook out?  It's definitely based on the people who were voting.  And JD has traditionally been oriented more towards fans of the OT.  Hence the results. 

Do I like all of the results?  No.  I think Jaxxon is a silly exercise in kitsch, and Dash Rendar comes across like a relic of the EU past.  My own EU list was rooted much more in recent EU lore.  As for the PT and OT results?  They're pretty good.  But ultimately when you've got a community voting, not everyone is going to like ALL of the results.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2012, 12:33 AM »
I'm pretty happy ultimately...  Obscurity, PT or OT, is probably more where my heart lies now, besides much needed resculpts...  Hasbro's knockin' those out though, so I lean more and more on the odd figures like Mosep.

I'd take upgrades on just about everyone, as I've said.  I'm open to what can be done new, and maybe better.  I mean, the Hoth Trooper we got was great...  Would I take one with ball jointed hips, a different head, and different rifle?  Hell yeah.  Would I take X-Wing Luke redone?  Sure. 

Other than CW3D figures, I'm pretty much open to anything they want to try, if the quality is there and the price is right, or if the two at least are a match for each other.

And even some CW3D figures would be buys for me...  Adm. Trench comes to mind.  He almost made my cut but I figure I just dug some of the other EU guys more.  I'm kind of getting a slight CW3D fix with the realistic versions of guys too.  If realistic CW3D figures had more of a backing, I'm sure I'd be much more on that bandwagon...  I mean, a Cody would be right up there on my list, as would be almost every clone they've had in the series, in a realistic style.

Hell, that'd be the only way I'd be excited for Clones again, period, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77