Author Topic: Celebration VI  (Read 27633 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Celebration VI
« on: August 22, 2012, 04:44 PM »
Not much to say here, but it's been a while that I've had the opportunity to open a thread.  Are we really expecting to see much at C6?  San Diego was such a bust that I hope something interesting materializes.  Also, Is Hasbro doing a Q&A, or just displaying product?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 05:05 PM by Scott »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Celebration VI
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 05:06 PM »
They are doing a small presentation as well as interviews afterward again with sites

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 05:07 PM »
Not much to say here, but it's been a while that I've had the opportunity to open a thread.  Are we really expecting to see much at C6?  San Diego was such a bust that I hope something interesting materializes.  Also, Is Hasbro doing a Q&A, or just displaying product?

Yes, they are having a presentation on Friday and one-on-one interviews with site.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 05:11 PM »
Oh.  Can we suggest questions?  Or is it too late?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 06:56 PM »
I wonder if they'll be at NYCC?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 07:24 PM »
After how many times I heard people rationalize the poor showing for the Clone Wars line at SDCC by saying they were holding things back for CVI, I damn sure hope they have something to show off that has not already been leaked.

Seems like a good place to unveil the Yoda branding for next year too...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 07:31 PM »
I wonder if they'll be at NYCC?

In a bunch of the SDCC interviews the Hasbro guys mentioned they would be skipping NYCC, but it always seemed to be stated while talking about exclusives and HTS. I'm not sure if it means only HTS won't be at NYCC, or if Hasbro is skipping it altogether. I don't think there has been an official announcement from Hasbro regarding their attendance, so who knows. 

Seems like a good place to unveil the Yoda branding for next year too...

I don't think a date for Episode 2 in 3D has been announced yet, so I'm guessing it will happen at C6 along with the preview of the new line look. I wouldn't complain if they cancelled the re-release though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 09:31 PM »
I'd say NYCC is off the table at this piont...  Hasbro was pretty clear that they're wanting to minimize their con footprint to basically SDCC.  Even at C6, they're a blip compared to other presences...  It's weird.  They're a company (brand) in flux IMO.  I think Star Wars is maybe seen as something of a dying thing, by them.  Maybe I'm wrong.

At SDCC they said TCW has a future but I'm not sure what that means...  If not much is at C6, which wouldn't shock me right now, I think that line's future is in serious doubt.

At this point I think the 2013 line launch is where we'll see what this line's future will be...  It's sort of like 2012 has been tossed in the fire at this point.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 12:12 AM »
This is such a dismal thread...but if you do get the chance, just ask this...

"Where the f*ck are the toys and why can't I buy 'em?"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 01:01 AM »
We've lined up our Q's...  Basically Hasbro's response to why you can't get toys would be, "We understand there's some frustration but things are starting to trickle out to retail now...  We heard the AT-ST just showed up at K-Mart and it's pretty great huh!?"

...and so on.

C6 seems like Hasbro's time there is highly limited.  There's something I know they're prepping for the following weekend that's a bit more of a priority, but yeah, unless they shock me by revealing a lot, I think their footprint at this show will be minimal compared to other license holders.

I mean, no exclusive for the ONLY SW dork convention?  Yeah...  I wouldn't count on them wow'ing you.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 12:13 PM »
So what's the deal with this Con? Does Hasbro have a booth, display cases, or what? Is there any likelihood of seeing/hearing about anything new prior to their presentation tomorrow?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 12:16 PM »
So what's the deal with this Con? Does Hasbro have a booth, display cases, or what? Is there any likelihood of seeing/hearing about anything new prior to their presentation tomorrow?

I've been wondering the same thing - I was sort of expecting some breaking news from the Hasbro display cases by now. Since it's in Orlando the convention is on East Coast Time, so I'm wondering if it hasn't opened yet today?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 12:45 PM »
Didn't Hasbro say they weren't even going to be at celebration, of was that somewhere else like NYCC?

EDIT: LOL, I just got a text from my buddy there. I guess Hasbro is there, he just played with the new Speeder bike. Just asked if there's anything new.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 12:50 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 12:49 PM »
Didn't Hasbro say they weren't even going to be at celebration, of was that somewhere else like NYCC?

Per Jesse, it sounds like they've got a small presence with some Q&As with individual fan sites and NYCC is an unconfirmed no-go.

A questioned I'd like answered is if the correct red headband Kithaba will be making more of an appearance on pegs (or online... and if it's online would they differentiate between brown and red versions).  I know I'm smoking crack, but is it too much to ask from Hasbro?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 12:55 PM »
My buddy just reported that there's nothing new at Hasbro as of yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."