Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 30 (2013 Wave 1)  (Read 48561 times)

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 30 (2013 Wave 1)
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2013, 09:24 AM »
How much did the case run???

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2013, 10:21 AM »

Well, with the shipping and conversion from Euros, my Wave 4 Legends case came to roughly $200, if he got them from Toy Palace, they probably cost him about the same for the CW case.

I think we'll still see the Yoda packaged stuff here in the US, so while I will admin I'm considering doing what McMetal did, I'm willing to wait until that Yoda look street date hits - wasn't it this week or next?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2013, 10:22 AM »

It came to around $200 with the shipping, current Euro exchange rate, etc. Pre-orders are not expected to be filled prior to 2/28, so that allows me a couple of weeks to try and confirm if these are ever really going to show up in the US or not. If so, I can always cancel my pre-order. So that makes me feel a little better at least.

I'd much rather have these in the US packaging without all the multilingual stuff on there, but it remains to be seen if that is even an option or not.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2013, 10:25 AM »

Well, with the shipping and conversion from Euros, my Wave 4 Legends case came to roughly $200, if he got them from Toy Palace, they probably cost him about the same for the CW case.

I think we'll still see the Yoda packaged stuff here in the US, so while I will admin I'm considering doing what McMetal did, I'm willing to wait until that Yoda look street date hits - wasn't it this week or next?

Hey Pete, yeah it was Toy Palace, I have always had good experiences with them on previous orders, mostly for other Clone Wars Euro-exclusives. You're right on with the case estimate too.

I know of at least 2 Targets locally that reset early (2/11 is the actual street date) but neither of them put out any new figures, nor even any restocks of Maul packaged CW stuff. Nor have I seen any other reports from around the 'net of people finding new figures post-reset. So while I am hopeful we see these too, there don't seem to have been an early sightings yet.

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2013, 01:37 PM »
Sucks to hear that this wave will not be coming out in the U.S.  But I only wanted the 501st Trooper and the new Rex; and it looks like Rex is coming out in the Mission Series 2-pack later in the year.  So, it's not a big loss.  I may track down that 501st Trooper online - assuming I can find him in the show somewhere.  I'm not going to make the effort if his paint apps are just a Hasbro designer having fun with the design.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2013, 09:04 PM »
They were on last week's episode actually, pictured next to Rex, but in darkness so hard to make out the coloration.

I still wish someone could somehow confirm if any of these figures were made in US packaging or not. I still think these could really be hard to come by on the aftermarket otherwise.

A lot of people are speculating that the animated Rex and the BD pictured with the Mission Series figures at Toy Fair were just place holders and different versions will be released eventually. Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2013, 09:46 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2013, 08:59 AM »
They were on last week's episode actually, pictured next to Rex, but in darkness so hard to make out the coloration.

Well, that settles that.  Thanks for the information.  I guess I'll be hunting this one down on the secondary market.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2013, 09:44 AM »
OMG, Jayson where did you pull that slide? This is EXACTLY the kind of info I am going to need for customizing purposes. Awesome info, hope there are more where that came from!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2013, 10:05 AM »
That's from the concept art slideshows that StarWars.com posts for the episodes.

They pretty much do one for each episode and they are filled with sketches or layouts for the various characters in the episode.  Definitely a treasure-trove of info in there for all the clone/droids decos over the years.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:06 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2013, 11:30 AM »
Jeff - what's your perspective on the CW and Movie Heroes lines potentially being limited to overseas shipments?  We have had conflicting reports from other sites and you typically have a good sense for Hasbro's approach.  What do you think the chances are of finding these in US eventually?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2013, 12:19 PM »
What do you think the chances are of finding these in US eventually?

I have no idea really. 

If I had to choose between the conflicting reports, I'd lean towards Mike/GH over JTA.  I believe the chances are pretty bad of them hitting as basic figures anytime soon.  There are no pre-orders at any US etailer and we've never even see US carded samples pop-up.  Everything that has hit so far has been OUS packaging. 

I held out hope when Target did not clearance the DPCIs yet, but it's mid-February.  If we were going to see them, I think they'd be here by now.  Or at least "here" enough for early US cases to have hit eBay by now.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2013, 03:01 PM »
That's what I figure too...  These would've hit with the reset and new stuff like the Class I's and II's.  It's also fairly uncharted territory though.  Never seen things in this much of a state of flux in the modern line, ever.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2013, 11:17 PM »
Well, I got my shipping notice today from Toy Palace, these guys are on their way to me now. Guess they arrived a tad earlier than the 2/28 estimated date. So yeah, the US ones will probably show up at TJ Maxx or Marshall's any day now.  ::)

Sure wish I could have gotten 2 Jetpack clones with this case assortment. But hey, we all need more Obis and Anis let's face it.  :P

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2013, 11:44 PM »
I'm gonna hold out hope that they are still on their way...

If we confirmation that they're not, well - then I'll probably get a case of both the CW and MH 2013 waves just to have MOC sets.

Hasbro keeps saying these two lines are not for me. If that's the case, I don't know how to explain why I would have gladly scooped up multiples of the Exploding Battledroid (both tan and red versions) and the Jet Pack Clonetrooper had they been available at retail....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!