Author Topic: Time for a Han in AT-ST Driver Gear Update?  (Read 7769 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Time for a Han in AT-ST Driver Gear Update?
« on: September 11, 2012, 07:59 PM »
Speaking of re-releases and AT-ST pilots, how soon will it be before we get an updated Han in AT-ST pilot gear?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Time for a Han in AT-ST Driver Gear Update?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 08:11 PM »
I kind of hope we never do...I really never bought the idea that he changed his clothes, sent the message, and then changed his clothes again. I really think he just put on the helmet and gloves and made the call.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:39 AM »
I kind of hope we never do...I really never bought the idea that he changed his clothes, sent the message, and then changed his clothes again. I really think he just put on the helmet and gloves and made the call.

Then got off the AT-ST  in time to meet the Imperials who opened the door.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 01:19 PM »
Well, I always assumed the control center was several floors underground. If you ever played Rogue Squadron 3 for Gamecube there's a level where you control Han and lead a team down there, and you go down maybe three or four flights of stairs. So in the time it takes for those officers to call up the three squads for help AND get upstairs to the surface, I imagine Han could get out of the AT-ST and hide at the side of the bunker. But I digress...  :P

Back on topic, got two Speeder Bikes with the BOGO at TRU. They also had a fresh case of the Lost Line wave, which I just ordered online. Spent $130 on that case when I could have gotten everything I needed from the wave today for roughly $30, but that's the way life rolls.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 02:07 PM »
Well, I always assumed the control center was several floors underground. If you ever played Rogue Squadron 3 for Gamecube there's a level where you control Han and lead a team down there, and you go down maybe three or four flights of stairs. So in the time it takes for those officers to call up the three squads for help AND get upstairs to the surface, I imagine Han could get out of the AT-ST and hide at the side of the bunker. But I digress...  :P

This...  :)

The bunker was a back door to the generator...  there's the whole deleted scene run & gun deal too, to sort of back up the notion that there is some time between when you walk into the bunker and when you get to the control station where they were setting up the bombs.

It ties into the fact that the explosion is fairly massive too...  I've always theorized that where Han & Co. are,  is a good distance from the actual shield generator's main portion...  There's distances there that are sort of implied, IMO, but not really shown and film editing makes them seem shorter.  I figure there might be several of those bunkers all leading to the main central dish area, and all could've been set up to blow up.

I figure out where they're at, it's less mowed down, but the closer to the dish you get the more cleared of vegetation it is, and the more useful an AT-AT becomes as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 03:09 PM »
Oh yeah, we can see that the installation is pretty huge when they first arrive, before the Ewoks tell them about the "back door" (snicker).

I still don't think Han put on the whole outfit just to send the message. I always felt like it was helmet and gloves only.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 05:10 PM »
I still don't think Han put on the whole outfit just to send the message. I always felt like it was helmet and gloves only.

I can see that... just.... how did Han know that only his face would be shown and not the uniform?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 06:43 PM »
Well, he's definitely very close to the camera, and I'm sure it's pretty standard. If girls on Facebook can figure out how to take ridiculous profile pics of their eye, half a smile and a boob, I'll bet Han can figure out how to fake a broadcast on the AT-ST webcam.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 08:08 PM »
My feelings lie in "better safe than sorry" with it.  he has on a hood of some sort it seems...  At least I think that looks like a hood, so I could see him throwing on the jumpsuit real quick and jumping out of it quickly.  My coveralls for working on the car are easy to jump in/out of with clothes on, so I dunno.

That's just me...  I don't think he'd have tossed on the boots and gloves though, so I don't think the figure's accurate either way. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 08:16 PM »
So if it was a jumpsuit, then did he take it off a dead guy. Was there poop stains in it? Surely this is EU material worthy.  :D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 08:41 PM »
could've come off the guy the Ewoks beat up?  Never see him chucked out of the AT-ST even...  Not quite sure where that guy went, he just sort of fell below the camera line and disappeared.

The other dude got heeved off into the wilderness and was probably lying unconscious for a while.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 08:50 PM »
I don't buy that Han put on the gear either otherwise there would be some behind this scenes photo of Harrison wearing it. :) Plus, I think you can make out a mustache from the guy wearing the AT-ST gear in the video. I suppose Han could have shaved a dead ewok and or cut a mat from Chewie's fur and slapped over his snot trough to fake the video, but I doubt that happened either.

On a topical digression I got a red bandana Kithaba yesterday (off eBay).  :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:51 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 08:57 PM »
Plus, I think you can make out a mustache from the guy wearing the AT-ST gear in the video.

So you don't even think Han is the guy in the video?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 09:06 PM »
I don't know...I grew up believing Han just threw on the helmet and made the call. Plus, he gives that little shrug and smile when the Imperials run out and get duped, so at the very least he was behind it. It really does sound like his voice though. Honestly, it's the easiest and most likely explanation...helmet, hand in front of face, call.

As for the driver thrown off the AT-ST, I'm wagering broken neck at the least. You don't get tossed by a Wookiee off a 28ft tall moving vehicle and just get up and dust yourself off. Plus, there were a ton of pissed-off Ewoks just waiting on the forest floor.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 09:20 PM »
Plus, I think you can make out a mustache from the guy wearing the AT-ST gear in the video.

So you don't even think Han is the guy in the video?

My opinion? No.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:54 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird